30 Minutes of Video from Japan!

#1 Posted by Spoonman671 (4769 posts) -

Just checked GameInformer and found these videos of some Japanese show playing through an early portion of Dark Souls.  If anybody knows any Japanese, can you hook us up with some basic bullet-points, if there's any interesting information to glean from these.

Warning: Screeching Japanese Female ahead.

#2 Edited by Nate (705 posts) -

sweet. thanks for posting! 

And WOW, this looks SO much like Demon's Souls. That's partly a very good thing, but partly a little disappointing.  Then again, i only watched a few minutes of each so we'll see.   
Sorry I know no Japanese.

#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7789 posts) -

Cheers mate. While we're looking at these though, can anyone tell me why a lot of Japanese videos have a lot scrolling text on them?

#4 Posted by Turambar (6890 posts) -

@eroticfishcake said:

Cheers mate. While we're looking at these though, can anyone tell me why a lot of Japanese videos have a lot scrolling text on them?

It's a feature specific to the Japanese video upload site NicoNicoDouga. The site allows you to enter text and have it appear on videos at whatever moments you want it to. Watching a niconico clip in that fashion lets you see how other viewers are reacting to it at any given moment in that video through the text they upload. Call it a meta level of watching a video if you want. Of course, the option to watch it without any of the viewer commentary also exists, so its just the choice of the youtube uploader which version to upload.

#5 Posted by eroticfishcake (7789 posts) -
@Turambar: Ah right. That would explain the sudden bursts of comments are particular points as well as the nonsense that I saw a few months back on NicoNico. Thanks. I feel a little smarter today.
#6 Posted by Turambar (6890 posts) -

Wait...is one of the commentators there Takeshi Meijin? Oh shit.

#7 Posted by Dots (115 posts) -

Why is there no mana bar?

#8 Posted by TheHT (11775 posts) -

Yup, that's some more Demon's Souls. I'm down, but I can't decide whether to get this or Team Ico Collection first.

#9 Posted by StealthRaptor (531 posts) -

@Spoonman671 said:

Warning: Screeching Japanese Female ahead.

Your warning was appreciated.

YATTAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
#10 Posted by Kazzurak (366 posts) -

@Dots said:

Why is there no mana bar?

Theres no mana bar because now spells have a quantity of uses how to refill it i dont know im guess those archstone / checkpoints though

#11 Posted by thehexeditor (1404 posts) -

The girl is struggling to contain her orgasms because she is sitting next to the God King Master Takahashi.

#12 Posted by JerichoBlyth (1044 posts) -

Such a cruel game - can't wait :- ) lol

#13 Posted by onarum (2292 posts) -
yep, that's demons souls alright.
#14 Posted by Dots (115 posts) -

@Kazzurak: I'm not sure if I like that... I'll have to wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.