Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

780ti low fps in dark souls :(

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ravingham91

I have installed the game with the HD mod and dsfix and I'm using pretty mild settings (@1440p) for AA and AO etc (I think) but I keep getting slow downs especially when rolling or jumping. Any ideas? CPU & RAM are stock 2600k & 8GB. The settings I use are below:

renderWidth 2560

renderHeight 1440

presentWidth 0

presentHeight 0

############# Anti Aliasing

aaQuality 2

aaType FXAA

############# Ambient Occlusion

ssaoStrength 3

ssaoScale 2

ssaoType VSSAO

############# Depth of field

dofOverrideResolution 0

disableDofScaling 0

dofBlurAmount 0

############# Framerate

unlockFPS 0

FPSlimit 60

FPSthreshold 10

filteringOverride 0

###############################################################################

# Texture Override Options

enableTextureDumping 1

enableTextureOverride 1

# Other Options

skipIntro 1

screenshotDir .

overrideLanguage none

dinput8dllWrapper none

d3dAdapterOverride -1

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just out of interest, what's your CPU? I remember this game being way more heavy on that then the GPU, at least back when they put it out.

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just out of interest, what's your CPU? I remember this game being way more heavy on that then the GPU, at least back when they put it out.

Stock i7 2600k & 8GB...I'll update my post to include this info.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Monkeyman04

If I remember correctly it's the Depth of field resolution override settings in dsfix that can cause bad frame rate. From dsfix: "higher values will decrease performance

# do NOT set this to the same value as your vertical rendering resolution!"

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I remember correctly it's the Depth of field resolution override settings in dsfix that can cause bad frame rate. From dsfix: "higher values will decrease performance

# do NOT set this to the same value as your vertical rendering resolution!"

Strange. I think I have my DOF on one of the lowest settings.

willin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 14

If you're using a PC with a built-in graphics chip on the motherboard like 'Intel HD Graphics' Dark Souls defaults to that instead of your actual graphics card. That could cause the FPS issues.

ravingham91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@willin said:

If you're using a PC with a built-in graphics chip on the motherboard like 'Intel HD Graphics' Dark Souls defaults to that instead of your actual graphics card. That could cause the FPS issues.

hm I don't think that would be it because i would be getting constant 5 FPS or something when running the game @1440p.

Ahh this is driving me nuts I disabled everything (DOF, AA, and AO) and still I get dips to the 10s.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.