A Shocking Revelation!!!

#1 Edited by Spoonman671 (4371 posts) -

There are two elevators leading to the Chamber of the Princess. The small one is for Ornstein and the large one is for Smough.

My mind exploded!

#2 Posted by mosespippy (3729 posts) -

Yup. The little details in the world really tell the story.

#3 Posted by Spoonman671 (4371 posts) -

Yup. The little details in the world really tell the story.

I don't think you appreciate how long I thought it was a weird decision to make that area asymmetrical for no reason. Then I saw a message at the top of the large elevator that said "Fatty" and I realized THERE IS A REASON!

#4 Posted by Aetheldod (3331 posts) -

That is what is so awesome about this game ... theres always a new small detail to discover at each playthrough :D

#5 Posted by Ezekiel (316 posts) -

I didn't realize one is bigger than the other.

#6 Edited by Hunter5024 (5165 posts) -

Why doesn't the little guy just use the big guys elevator?

#7 Posted by Humanity (7939 posts) -

Anor Londo was never known for it's tight book keeping. They kept blowing their budgets on everything, like the Duke's Archives has swiveling stairways, you know how much that cost?! I read it on a ring description..

#8 Posted by Hunter5024 (5165 posts) -

@humanity said:

@hunter5024 said:

Anor Londo was never known for it's tight book keeping. They kept blowing their budgets on everything, like the Duke's Archives has swiveling stairways, you know how much that cost?! I read it on a ring description..

I like to imagine they built Smough's elevator first, and Ornstein just thought it was too damn spacious. I believe there's a ring that details Ornstein's reverse claustrophobia right?

#9 Edited by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

The stairs up to that area also have separate steps for giants and humans.

#10 Posted by golguin (3646 posts) -

There are two elevators leading to the Chamber of the Princess. The small one is for Ornstein and the large one is for Smough.

My mind exploded!

I never noticed that. Anor Londo is full of little details like that. You have the different sized stairs for giants and humans. All statues of the War God are removed with only an empty space remaining. Jeff Green recently revealed that Ornstein is actually Jewish.

#11 Posted by Yummylee (20550 posts) -

The attention to detail in this game continues to amaze.

#12 Posted by Humanity (7939 posts) -

@humanity said:

@hunter5024 said:

I like to imagine they built Smough's elevator first, and Ornstein just thought it was too damn spacious. I believe there's a ring that details Ornstein's reverse claustrophobia right?

That and a stray twig that details Gwyns extensive porcelain miniature shoe collection.

#13 Posted by Sinusoidal (1152 posts) -

@humanity said:

@hunter5024 said:

Agoraphobia.

#14 Posted by Melvargh (479 posts) -

@humanity said:

@hunter5024 said:

I 100% believed this until the comment talking about the twig.

#15 Posted by crithon (2574 posts) -

yup yup, that's there, noticed it after defeating them going "which one to go?"

#16 Posted by Belegorm (284 posts) -
@humanity said:

@hunter5024 said:

@humanity said:

@hunter5024 said:

That and a stray twig that details Gwyns extensive porcelain miniature shoe collection.

Oh Anor Londo... a figure made of bronze with feet made of clay.

Actually a classical quote about Carthage from an ancient chronicler

#17 Edited by arab_prince (2052 posts) -

@spoonman671: After beating the boss i spent at least 10 minutes wondering the very thing and debating which elevator to choose. brilliant!

#18 Edited by ZolRoyce (416 posts) -

You wont believe the shocking revelation this stay at home Demon Slayer made! FromSoftware employees everywhere hate him!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.