Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

About as accurate as competitive projectile vomiting.

Bassario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bassario

Lol sorry to ask something silly but... now that I am trying a magic character: throwing fireballs and magic arrows is about as accurate as hurling cats at pedestrians from a plane if u are just out of lock on range, I am still a noob especially when it comes to magic stuff but I know with the bow you get a lovely first person mode for those longer ranged shots so you can snipe, is there any way of doing something like this with magic? (fingers crossed) or is it only meant to be effective at short range? :(

cyraxible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cyraxible

No, but the magic does fire at the center of the screen, given your character is facing that same direction. The range on most spells is barely outside of lock on range so it's not really something you should worry too much about.

Bows are the only weapons with targeting reticules.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

About as accurate, but not quite as much fun.

ImBigInJapan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ImBigInJapan

Locking on is pretty much necessary with projectile magic. Some of the bigger pyromancy spells can hit multiple targets more frequently without lockon, but they are short range anyway.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

Now I want competitive cat hurling competitions.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By musubi
    @believer258

Now I want competitive cat hurling competitions.

THAT is a sport I would watch.
    Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Deusx

Don't use magic to attack. Magic should only be used for Crystal Magic Weapon. That's how men do.

JackOhara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JackOhara

@Deusx said:

Don't use magic to attack. Magic should only be used for Crystal Magic Weapon. That's how men do.

Crystal soul spear is worth using in PvE and even sometimes in PvP (if you can get your opponent into a tight space), with high int and the right buff equipment it can do near 1K damage.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Deusx

@JackOhara said:

@Deusx said:

Crystal soul spear is worth using in PvE and even sometimes in PvP (if you can get your opponent into a tight space), with high int and the right buff equipment it can do near 1K damage.

That's true. It can be pretty useful. Good thing is the new Dark Magic uses int as it's base stat!

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By envane

@Bassario: you CAN aim with your bow then switch and cast a spell .. but its dumb .. they are only limited range , you will notice that soul arrows etc just disappear at a distance , not sure about the distance of lightning spears etc but i would assume they're the same . doesnt really matter since the best spell (great combustion) is only super close range.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.