Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

After the Drake Sword

gmattfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gmattfox

So I got the drake sword, and it's pretty fantastic. But I noticed that the Drake responds when i shoot him in the wing, too. Has anybody invested any arrows into this? I wouldn't imagine FROM would give you 2 awesome items so easily and early, but thought I'd ask if anybody tried it?

Godak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Godak

It's a chest piece. Equipping it allows you to travel from one bonfire to another at the cost of some souls. Only equip it when you want to travel, as it is pretty useless in actual combat.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EmptyApartment

Hey gmatt, I haven't tried personally but the official guide says his only drop is the great Drake sword, so best bet is no. Though, there are some bosses that drop multiple items (weapons and armor).

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jeffsekai

@Godak said:

It's a chest piece. Equipping it allows you to travel from one bonfire to another at the cost of some souls. Only equip it when you want to travel, as it is pretty useless in actual combat.

Could you provide any proof of this? i haven't seen anything talking about this.

management

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By management

@Jeffsekai said:

@Godak said:

Could you provide any proof of this? i haven't seen anything talking about this.

I just shot it with 70 regular arrows and nothing happened, already got the sword. It probably doesn't drop anything else.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By the_hiro_abides

@Management said:

@Jeffsekai said:

@Godak said:

I just shot it with 70 regular arrows and nothing happened, already got the sword. It probably doesn't drop anything else.

If you kill him you get 10,000 souls.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Maajin

I shot about 200 arrows at his head and body, but couldn't make his health go under half. It seems he keeps healing himself. I read that some people are able to kill him by shooting and luring him at that safe spot on the bridge with the stairs, then striking him when he comes down and running before he toasts you. I couldn't do it.

Also, the bug where you kill him with one shot from atop the tower with the knight has been fixed.

Godak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Godak

Oh, lord... XD

Yes, there is no Flying Dragon Armor of Transportation +10.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.