Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

And now I'm cursed!

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mars

Don't know how it happened ... don't think I've even met a healer before ... and I have no idea where New Londo is! AAAAAAAhhhhhhhh! Damn you, Depths!

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

Lemme guess, the frogs? They're actually easy to kill without getting cursed if you just stay out of the clouds of dust they spit and don't panic. As far as healing it goes, you're gonna need 4000 souls to buy the cure from an NPC in a tower near the gargoyle boss battle. He's easy to spot, he's in robes and has his arms out to the sides like a damn scarecrow. Good luck!

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mars

Thanks. I guess a farming I will go!

donchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By donchipotle

I think the sewer vendor near the Depths also sells something to deal with Curse. Don't quote me on that, though.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Nadril
    @Make_Me_Mad said:

Lemme guess, the frogs? They're actually easy to kill without getting cursed if you just stay out of the clouds of dust they spit and don't panic. As far as healing it goes, you're gonna need 4000 souls to buy the cure from an NPC in a tower near the gargoyle boss battle. He's easy to spot, he's in robes and has his arms out to the sides like a damn scarecrow. Good luck!

There is a guy in the shortcut to the lower undead burg too that sells them. 
    strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By strainedeyes

You only need 3,000 souls to buy the item. The NPC is in the belltower of the church. I had this happen to me yesterday, was a bummer.

morosemode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By morosemode

Yeah, it's 3,000 so I bought one just incase. The other merchant mentioned in the sewer part (also sells poison cures & the like) sells it for 6,000 (I think).
    Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mars

I think I may have met my match with these frogs. I keep getting surrounded, cursed, dead. Where should I be going after I beat the big rat?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Animasta

hmm... have you beaten the boss in the forest? might try that one, it's a little easier than the depths.

Also, if you have any invasion stones (cracked red eye orb), if you go back to the undead asylum, and facing the asylum, go down a ways and turn left in the graveyard, there should be a small nest that talks to you and asks for something warm. If you drop the red eye orb on the nest and then quit/reload, there will be 2 purging stones for you.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mars

@Animasta said:

hmm... have you beaten the boss in the forest? might try that one, it's a little easier than the depths.

Also, if you have any invasion stones (cracked red eye orb), if you go back to the undead asylum, and facing the asylum, go down a ways and turn left in the graveyard, there should be a small nest that talks to you and asks for something warm. If you drop the red eye orb on the nest and then quit/reload, there will be 2 purging stones for you.

No, last time I tried the forest I got my ass handed to me several times over. Just gonna take a break and give it a shot later.

Inodril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Inodril

@Mars: If you end up getting annoyed at the frogs again I've found that they drop fast from a single firebomb.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By bcjohnnie

@Mars: Man I feel your pain... I fell down with those frogs and got cursed immediately, because I was spazzing out, having heard about those frogs before. Obviously, it's best if you can draw one or two out, and just back off when they get ready to blow another cloud. I was so determined not to let them beat me that I kept going down there, while cursed, and corpse-walked my way out to keep my souls and humanity. Inodril is right about fire... the time I finally killed all of them I used a bunch of firebombs. Pyromancy would probably work pretty well too. If you just run around down there and get the layout, you can probably bottleneck them into a tunnel.

BUT, to avoid dealing with the frogs at all? Slide down the waterfall in the back of the room where you fought the giant rat miniboss. You will have to kill 1 frog, but as long as you stay to the right you will only have to fight some more rats (the tougher ones), but that will lead you to the boss area. The best thing about the frog area is that there is a ring down there that lets you recover hp from downed enemies.

I felt pretty proud of myself when I finally got out of there. You should give the boss down there a try, some people find gaping dragon fairly easy.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mars

Gaping Dragon was cake. Still scared of the frogs. Got the Blighttown key ... no idea what I should do next. Don't even know where Blighttown is. Still loving this game though.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bcjohnnie

Blighttown is through the door near the merchant in the sewers (real close to where you fought gaping dragon)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.