Anor Londo "contraption does not move"

#1 Posted by LaudaSolem (57 posts) -

What are those "contraption does not move" levers you see around AL? There are about four of them, and I'm not talking about the turning mechanisms that raise/lower structures and open doors. I've looked at other msg boards but people keep mixing the contraptions up with the turning mechanisms.

Thanks much. Need drink.

#2 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

Can you say where exactly these contraptions are located in AL? There are a number of them, but they, in my experience, either open doors or move the center platform in AL.

#3 Posted by LaudaSolem (57 posts) -

You'll see one of them at the base of the stairs leading up to the huge building/temple where O & S live. It's on the left if you're facing the building. If you examine in, a msg says "Move" (somthing like that), but when you do so a msg says "Contraption does not move."

#4 Posted by SpaceRunaway (873 posts) -

I'm guessing that you might be talking about the levers that stand up vertically, and have what looks like a large brass knuckle for a handle (i.e., not the ones that you push circularly). These are also used with the elevator platform, in cases where you need to bring the platform to your level to get to it. There are similar levers throughout Lordran wherever an elevator is, if you've ventured below Firelink to use the elevator there it's the same thing.

#5 Posted by LaudaSolem (57 posts) -

Right, the brass knuckle thing. I've always get the "doesn't work" msg. I've never had the platform in an inaccessible position, so they wouldn't do anything, right? But what about the other ones? There is one at the entrance to the Painting room. What does that one do?

I really just needed to know whether they triggered an important event in the game or allowed me to go in some new direction. Thanks.

#6 Posted by Bass (692 posts) -

Those switches bring the rotating platform/stair case to wherever you are. Once you get the Lordvessel, its possible to get to these areas when the platform is in a position that makes it inaccessible to you, and the switch brings them back. Make sure you gain access to the bonfire all the way at the bottom of the platform's possible configurations, and you won't have missed anything.

#7 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

@LaudaSolem said:

Right, the brass knuckle thing. I've always get the "doesn't work" msg. I've never had the platform in an inaccessible position, so they wouldn't do anything, right? But what about the other ones? There is one at the entrance to the Painting room. What does that one do?

I really just needed to know whether they triggered an important event in the game or allowed me to go in some new direction. Thanks.

The one at the painting room does the same. JUST incise you fall and some how live.

@Bass said:

Those switches bring the rotating platform/stair case to wherever you are. Once you get the Lordvessel, its possible to get to these areas when the platform is in a position that makes it inaccessible to you, and the switch brings them back. Make sure you gain access to the bonfire all the way at the bottom of the platform's possible configurations, and you won't have missed anything.

Thats the bonfire right before that one Coven. So ya if you want that ahivment/trophy make sure to get it.

#8 Posted by gosukiller (2325 posts) -

I can confirm what the rest have said. The levers are there in case you find yourself in the position where you can not access the moving platform thing.

They are an insurance, if you will.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.