Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anor Londo Farming?

Tolshakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Tolshakk

Anyone else farming the two Darkmoon Covenant mobs that spawn if you kill Gwynevere? I'm on NG++ and netting around 40k souls every couple minutes killing them and porting back to the bonfire with a homeward bone with the silver serpent ring. They're fairly quick to kill with iron flesh buffing and fire whip spamming. Seems to be the best farming I've found, thus far.

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By doe3879

My 1st farming area was also at Anor Londo, the area before the twin boss.

I was m

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By doe3879

I was mostly practicing counter with all the dark knights. I've gotten good enought to do it 90% of the time. They're worth 900 soul, not much but considering I manage to 1 shot counter them. It was fair quick and fun.

I never though of using home world for farming. Thanks for the tip.

Ps: damn mobile site with no edit button.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@doe3879: Just curious what level were you guys when you beat the Twin boss in anor londo?

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By doe3879

I was something like level 26, I pretty much go straight from the 1st bell to the 2nd bell without doing anything in between. 
    Couldn't beat the Twin boss for like a week and I spend like hours around the bonfire farming.  Gotten myself to like Level 40 and still couldn't beat they bosses.  I gotten so frustrated that I started reading/watching strategy for the game and then it hits me that I can actually summon other players to my game. 

That was the 1st boss where I resort to using humanity items and summon 2 other player to help me out.  Still took like 4 tries with 3 players lol.   I learned a hard lesson that I should stay back and let other player do the hard works cuz the the session end when I die.    

Edit: I play a warrior with pure Vit, Stam, Str/Dex with a +4 Lightning Spear I got from the freaking mimic which ate me alive the 1st time i encounter it.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By TobbRobb

@senorfuzzeh: I was in my fifties I think. maybe late forties. I had pretty good equipment though. It only took a couple of tries, though I'll say it's the first genuinely hard boss in the game.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By imsh_pl
    @senorfuzzeh: In my forties I think.
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

How dare you kill the princess.

xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By xatmos

If you're going to farm why not just dupe souls and save the time?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@xatmos said:

If you're going to farm why not just dupe souls and save the time?

I prefer to actually work a bit if I'm gonna get stronger, get some parry skills (as the op said) in the meanwhile or some random titanite drops is nice too.
    Plus I won't be bored as quickly as I would be when duping.
    xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xatmos

Personally, I don't think any grinding is required to finish the game. I was only level 40, and I put no points in vitality or endurance. I'm not trying to brag, just think people are laboring under the false belief that levels are what really matters.

DecadentPimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By DecadentPimp

@xatmos said:

Personally, I don't think any grinding is required to finish the game. I was only level 40, and I put no points in vitality or endurance. I'm not trying to brag, just think people are laboring under the false belief that levels are what really matters.

Sure, if you're good enough then no levelling is required anyway :)

But for most people, they are going to at least want to level up those vitality and endurance bars so that they can take more of a beating / do more moves in succession.

I would agree that everything else doesn't really matter. I did the soul duping glitch with one character and reached around level 200, which was made up of high level specific skills such as strength, intelligence, resistance, faith etc. His equipment and spell power was generally quite crappy. Compared to my other level 75 build, which had:

• only as much strength as was required to hold the good weapons
    • Havel's ring to max the equipment burden
    • a ring to increase attunement slots
    • good pyromancy spells and a levelled up pyro glove
    • a good reinforced weapon like a lightning spear or levelled up Drake sword
    • everything else poured into vitality and endurance

the level 200 build actually felt harder. So I think levels on their own don't matter much, but the combination of the length of your bars, your armour, your spell power, your attunement, and your weapons, all add up to help you stand a better chance. Spread those souls around to all areas of play, because they make a much much bigger difference to your performance than just levels!

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By McShank

I farmed on my first playthrough.. got to SL 260 and havent moved since. I maxed out endurance and STILL wear havels ring sometimes to hold everything i want. Never used the drake sword past gargoyle's as i upgraded other weapons. It was a good place to farm though if you were tired of the forest and will most likely never be patched out if fromsoft even cares about the forest pathing glitch. also, i still die pretty easily in ng++ even in the 200's.. just the level means i can use more items vs having to wear light armor.

Tolshakk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tolshakk

@Xatmos: I'd like to think there's a difference between farming and circumventing the nature of the game.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Canteu

@Tolshakk: I farmed for the entirety of my first blind playthrough. After hitting NG+ im going through now purely to finish up achievements. It costs 4 million souls per level now. I duped the shit out of some souls and don't regret it. NG+ is broken anyway but if i make a new character i wouldn't dupe.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@TobbRobb: Alright just wanted to make sure I wasn't too far or behind of everyone. seems like I am On track.

Avatar image for wrinklydinosaur
    WrinklyDinosaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By WrinklyDinosaur

@senorfuzzeh said:

@doe3879: Just curious what level were you guys when you beat the Twin boss in anor londo?

Just finished S and O solo approx soul level 35-40. Im not going to lie and say it was easy...

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@GloriousDinosaur said:

@senorfuzzeh said:

Just finished S and O solo approx soul level 35-40. Im not going to lie and say it was easy...

Aye, I wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of Brolaire.

Jolly Co-operation!

doe3879

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By doe3879
    @senorfuzzeh: I never understood how the "Raise to the Sun" thing works, I always see that message coming up here and there and I heard of people summoning him for help. 
    I never see his summon sign when I was playing human.   I even started a new character, play it all the way through Anor Londo all the way human (naked girl : D ) and I never get to summon him.  That and I never gotten invaded as well. 
    senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By senorfuzzeh

@doe3879 said:

@senorfuzzeh: I never understood how the "Raise to the Sun" thing works, I always see that message coming up here and there and I heard of people summoning him for help. I never see his summon sign when I was playing human. I even started a new character, play it all the way through Anor Londo all the way human (naked girl : D ) and I never get to summon him. That and I never gotten invaded as well.

Hes only summonable twice I believe. Once before Smough and the dragon hunter guy. Hes on the stars where the dragon archer is next to the entereances to the boss.

And I also know hes avaliable on the last boss if you save him from the Centipede in demon ruins.

ALSO theres a witch you can summon during the moonlight butterfly and the four kings boss.

futureblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By futureblues

@xatmos: Dude, you can't brag, then say you aren't trying to brag. I mean saying your level and upgrades don't matter is seriously a dick move, in a game where they do actually matter. If you are so pro that you can beat the game on soul level one, good for you. But don't be an ass about it.

xatmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@futureblues: Did you really register just to reply to something I said 4 years ago? I guess it touched a nerve with you, but maybe to give you a little context.. I made that post in response to criticism I saw about Dark Souls and other games REQUIRING the player to grind. I don't like when that criticism is levied against games that DO NOT REQUIRE GRINDING. I stand by what I said, and I don't think I was an ass, but to be frank, you kinda were, so thanks for that.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well that was the most petty necro I have ever seen on these forums.

futureblues

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By futureblues

@xatmos: Sorry, if I was an ass. It just gets on my nerves how people in the Souls community are constantly bragging and putting other players down with all this talk of "Oh, you actually leveled up your character? What are you a noob? Get rekt scrub." Or "It's stupid to grind when you can just cheat (which you suggested people do)." There are some amazing people in the Souls community, but there are also some real vile bullies (I'm not implying you are either, I don't know enough about you to make a fair judge of your character). I just get so frustrated with the people who need to brag, put other players down, insult other players, and/or invalidate other peoples' play-styles.

I guess seeing you post something that was nothing more than a brag for the sake of bragging, then saying that you weren't bragging struck a nerve. I admit I was wrong to jump on a 4 year-old post to vent my frustrations. I truly apologize.

At the same time, can't you see that not everyone who plays Souls games is a super pro, who want to get through everything at a low level. I know that many, many people (myself included) would rather grind for levels until a tough boss can't one-hit-kill me, rather than keep playing the fight over, and over, and over for hours until you finally get lucky. It diminishes our experience when you say that our method is unnecessary and invalid and then brag about beating the game at a far lower level than average.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.