Anor Londo: Getting past the dual archers

• 67 results
#51 Posted by gerrid (327 posts) -

I died from being knocked off right as I was in front of the archer on the right, next time I just dashed it past all the enemies, when I got to the top ledge I turned right and rolled a couple of times. His arrows missed me and I pushed him off the edge, then ran round.

If you run fast their arrows come really close but don't actually hit you going up the walkways. Then double roll when you're at the top and he'll shoot his arrows over your head.

#52 Posted by GrandMarshal (389 posts) -

I ran very fast, they cant aim for shit

#53 Posted by Shirogane (3578 posts) -

Try Anor Londo in NG+. Freakin archers do so much damage if you get hit. Then you get to Ornstein and Smough, EEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF.

#54 Edited by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Alright, on my way to the sewers to get poison arrows. I only tried it two times but I don't really want to do the way there (elevator-ride, 2 knights, 5 bat fiends) any more times then I have to. Might as well farm some humanity while I am at the sewers, I read horror stories about the bos(ses) there so I could use the help. Been a small week since I made real progress, did the painting (my new favorite zone) and rolled up a sorcerer and played a batch of nba 2k12. Feel like I am losing steam with this game, time to get back in the saddle and get some miles on this fucker.

EDIT: Oh yeah, second time I tried the rolling under the arrow trick and I rolled of the ledge, was not very pleased with myself.

#55 Edited by nohthink (1223 posts) -

I think I hated myself. Yeap... that was my solution

By the way, Anor Londo is absolutely gorgeous. Love that place.

#56 Posted by Rayeth (1052 posts) -

Light weight armor. Sprint up the walkway, and when you are on the ledge running toward them roll as the arrows close in. That's the way I did it. As soon as you get close enough the pull out a sword and you can kick them off the edge.

#57 Posted by Hi_Voltg3 (57 posts) -

@Bobby_The_Great: Are you the same guy on 360 that I helped kill Seath the Scaleless a bunch? That was fun lol.

#58 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1005 posts) -

@Hi_Voltg3: Whoa, totally! Small world man, small world!

#59 Posted by Bobby_The_Great (1005 posts) -

@Nux: You're welcome. :)

#60 Posted by ichthy (521 posts) -

That was one of those parts that felt impossible until you sorta figured out you were doing wrong. In my case I kept wearing heavy armour and doing fat rolls, which isn't quite enough to make it through the arrows easily. Switched off to something lighter and just did one well timed roll to get to the knight on the right, then blocked his attacks until he fell off the edge.

#61 Posted by Errordotocx (119 posts) -

Yep, ended up switching to lighter armor and running up to the dude on the right to block him till his dumb ass fell off. Then proceeded to do the same to the guy on the left. Thankfully there is a bonfire after that part.

#62 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

I just attempted this section. When I ran up the ramp there was some strange red/black glowing orb creature on it blocking my path. I died.

#63 Posted by musclerider (589 posts) -

@DelroyLindo said:

I just attempted this section. When I ran up the ramp there was some strange red/black glowing orb creature on it blocking my path. I died.

Dark Souls.

#64 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

@DelroyLindo: It's called a vagrant, count yourself very lucky to have seen one.

Basically when someone drops Humanity, dies and fails to reach their bloodstain, a Vagrant is created, they are so rare I haven't encountered one in 200+ hours of play.

#65 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

@AlianthaBerries said:

@DelroyLindo: It's called a vagrant, count yourself very lucky to have seen one.

Basically when someone drops Humanity, dies and fails to reach their bloodstain, a Vagrant is created, they are so rare I haven't encountered one in 200+ hours of play.

Really? This is the second time I've seen one. They aren't hard to kill, but that Anor Londo one is in a really inconvenient spot.

#66 Posted by Twiggy199 (498 posts) -

I never really had trouble getting past this part, but im playing as a thief, i had more trouble finding where to go after i killed the first gargoyle in Anor Londo, ended up following the ghost of another player up there. Took me hours.

#67 Posted by laserbolts (5324 posts) -

Just lost 80000 souls thanks to these bastards. Shittiest part of the game. Gonna cheese it with poison arrows I think.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.