Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Any good dex builds to recommend?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By imsh_pl

I've been playing as deprived for a few hours or so and I'm leaning towards a dex based build, any recommendations? I just killed the Taurus demon and am about to enter the bridge from the quick look. So far I'm using a scimitar, and the armor that the tougher skeletons have (head, torso, shield, legs). I have 15 dex, 13 endurance and 13 strength if that's of any use. I'd appreciate it if you guys shared with me some good dex-based weapons and some light armor.

Oh, I also use the short bow and it would be nice if the build would include ranged weapons.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By bcjohnnie

It's tough to make specific recommendations, but as I'm going dex also, I'll tell you what I've been doing.

Early on I was just leveling to use specific equipment. If you're focusing on dex, I would leave your strength at 13 (unless you want to use the Drake sword, but you don't need that OP weapon). Dex and Endurance should be leveled together, with some vitality sprinkled in, but endurance is more important.

Later on, you'll need strength at 16 to use a few weapons and shields that may be nice, but you should generally be gravitating towards weapons that have good scaling with Dexterity (go for a B rank if you can).

Personally, I went to the valley of the drakes really early (with the master key via londo ruins), cheesed the undead dragon with hell of arrows, and took the astora straight sword, which has lasted me through level 45. It scales with strength, dex, and faith, so you will have to pump your faith up to 14 to use it, but I've been enjoying it.

Dex is also the primary bow stat, you're going to have to stick with that short bow for a while, the long bow is in darkroot basin somewhere.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.