Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anyone else chillin in the forest taking all comers?

Awolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Awolf007

I'm on NG+ and have just been sitting in the forest seeing how many forest covenant dudes I can wax. Been faring quite well with havel's shield, stone armor and +5 electric claymore. I waxed the first 5 guys that invaded then got mine when two guys invaded at once with fig ring and cheesed me. However, it is addicting- ended up taking about 10 more fights and lost another 3 times or so (mostly when it was 2 on one) but once when I was fucking around fighting the NPCs while waiting for someone to invade and they tagged me while blocking the NPC.

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By psylah

Enjoy it while you can, on NG++ I got no invasions :(

Awolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Awolf007

@Psylah - why do you have no invasions? Is your soul level too high? Or does the system take into account what playthrough you are on?

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

lol yeah. not me though. i was trying to get the fog ring and was sent to 2 worlds where the duder was waiting to backstab me.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By McShank

the playthrough has no meaning in the pvp, just SL.. But I am SL 260 and get 0 invasions other then darkwraiths and I am finishing up NG+ to finish getting platinum. Wish more people would farm after they beat the game for some higher level pvp :( All i find at people with no gear on and only spells and they cant stop my BK Great axe Or my smoughs armor / havels shield combo.. Nothing has hurt me besides the lag...

Awolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Awolf007

I feel ya McShank. I'm SL 119 and there's a lot of action at that level. A lot of diversity in skill and gear quality too. I've seen some spells and tricks that are totally foreign to me. I too am hard to touch with +5 electric claymore, Havel's shield and stone armor. Its surprising how quickly I can eat dudes even with their shield up since my stamina allows me to R1 slash 6 times repeatedly. However, I did get beat a few times. I probably went 10-4, and on every one of those losses I was facing two invaders or an NPC would get involved. I figured that I would get waxed at 119 in PVP but have been pleased with my how it's gone. It really would be fantastic to be able to control who you play with/against. To invite players to your server and run through levels together. How hard can it be to make that adjustment on From's part? If they reall wanted to reinvigor people's engagement int the game that would be the way to go.

senorfuzzeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By senorfuzzeh

It is pretty fun to stand in the forest like a bad ass with your massive sword slung over your shoulder, just thinking "Bring it on world..."

I have to go here for most my PvP because My darkmoon blade seems to be having a hard time finding anyone to fight. I am wondering if this is because I am still on the regular game and everyone else has moved onto NG+? (Working a job and being school makes it hard for videogame time...)

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By McShank

@senorfuzzeh: from what i have seen as long as your level is still within the 10% you should be able to join games (pvp) even if your in ng or beyond. The darkmoon ring only works for those who have a sunlightless anor londo and the blue orb seems to only work for me every ... 20-30 times?!? I am also a really high level so it could just be me.

But on another note, I am clearing out the catacombs and i forgot to kindle one of the bonfires so i went human to do it.. I just now got the Great scythe which i could not find the first time and got invaded.. I had respawned EVERYTHING right before and I hate using the mace so i just sat in the room.. for 45 minutes this guy ran around trying to find me. I had taken a crap, got a soda, folded clothes and got about 30minutes into MST3K (Secret agent super dragon) before he finally left.. If only he had gone into the 1 room he missed, i could have smashed his head :D

TerraMantis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TerraMantis

I am about to finish NG+ and i am SL 151 now, but i did a ton of pvp at the ash area right before Gwyne. Got all of my ears for the Darkmoon blade Miracle with the blue eye orb in there last night. I was probably lvl 135 when i started and farmed about 1-2 million souls from strictly PvP. I also found that after i killed someone i had enough time to switch on my +XP ring for additional souls. When i first started PvPing there i had zero humanity, now i have 52. There are also a lot of red soapstones down at the entrance there as well. Seems to be my and many other's favorite place for PvP at the moment.

But yes, i've sat in the forest and just gone back and forth killing the shadow guys there hoping real pvp players will show up. There can be a total of 4 players in a game at once. I've killed two invaders at the same time in there before. My heart was pounding and i let out a roar after killed them both...i love this fucking game.

After that i met up with a friend in the forest and we killed a slew of invaders but it was too easy 2 on 1, so we started to hide until there were 2 people at a time. It was great fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.