Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Anyone got tips for Bell Gargoyles? (Dark Souls)

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So i'm having trouble with gargoyles I can't get SunBro to come help because I can't find humanity I've been farming the mobs next to andrei for a couple of hours and havint got one..And SunBro is the only technique I can think of so if anyone knows of a few more techniques to geting past I would greatly apreciate the tips! thanks

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Rats drop humanity so you can farm it there.

I can't really give any actual tips for the fight 'cause I'm not super good at the game. I mean I can solo it, but I'm not really aware of actual tactics.

Another thing to consider is getting that pine resin near where the first black knight is. You can get it through that locked door, which you can open with a key from the first vendor, or the master key.

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpancakes: I thought of that and watched someone on youtube doing it ( he kinda lucked through it) he used gold pine resin but I didint notice too huge of a dps increase but i'll try it out just to make sure. Also one more thing is it possible to summon someone in to help kill him and when that person leaves still have the progress done?

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Using the resin that made your weapon take on lightning properties made them a breeze for me.

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Um what do you mean by the progress being done? Like, are you asking if the boss stays dead if you summon a partner?

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah. Like, the way it works is, the world is split into sections, and each section has a boss. You can only be invaded so long as the boss is still alive. I think summoning works the same way.

In other words, the main reason to summon somebody would be to fight the boss in the particular area you're at. So it should stay dead. I played mostly undead, but considering the game's always saving I think it's pretty safe to assume it'll stay dead. You might want to get a second opinion on that, though.

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpancakes: Okie dokie tyvm, i'm going to see if I can kill him with Gold Pine Resin. The most annoying part for this battle to me atleast is running back all the way from the bonfire next to Andrei's Blacksmith area

DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DeadpanCakes

Yeah, I feel you.

The more you play, though, the easier the fights with normal enemies gets. There are some spots where, if you die, you're better off running past all the normal enemies to get to the boss battle again. It's not as simple with this one, 'cause the regular hollowed guys are kind of unpredictable.

You're welcome and good luck with the battle!

Rustyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadpancakes: Well SunBro is dead and ran out of Golden Pine Resin, Does this mean i'm totally screwed?

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1. Cut tail
    2. Kill one before the other
    3. Watch out for fire AOE attack
    4. Good luck
    DeadpanCakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, my pc's off and I'm writing via iPod right now. You might want to try upgrading your equipment now that you have access to the blacksmith. Upgrading equipment can make a bigg difference. As for the actual battle, if you stand at a lower part of the roof (it's angled if I remember right) the horizontal attacks might be less likely to hit, giving you an opportunity to learn vertical attack tells.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

That's an easy fight if you move around a lot without getting yourself in a position to be knocked off.

If you want make it easy mode just use a Drake Sword.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

Using the resin makes it a lot easier. Just don't get hit and you'll do fine; it'll only get harder after that.

Blomakrans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Try to focus on one guy and kill him as soon as possible, after that the fight should somewhat easier. I think they're pretty weak to fire so you could try pyromancy or get some firebombs. Also as the posters above have pointed out, rats drop humanity fairly frequently so you could farm them for a while and try to get help.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By TobbRobb

The fight gets a lot easier if you have the raw power to just kill them fast. Upgrading a weapon to +5 and applying gold pine resin "if you have any" allows you to more or less 3-4 shot a gargoyle. Other than that, play aggressive but don't get hit!

All of these tips apply to most bosses. Pure damage usually does wonder for a troublesome fight.

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Don't split your attention. Focus on the tailed one. Don't forget to break lock on once you close in, the second the Gargoyle jumps around you'll be totally confused by the camera trying to follow it if you keep locked on. They're so big you can just stand to it's side and hack away.

If you want to summon Solaire then make sure you get Lautrec as well (he's opposite the second section of the ladder) since he's pretty handy as well and you might as well go all in.

Also, what's your weapon/shield of choice and what's you class?

hippocrit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you have a 100% damage reduction shield (undead merchant sells heater in the Burg) you can block those axe swipes no prob. You have to manage your stamina, but you won't be dead. Watch out for the tail though- it can wrap around and hit you anyway.

Upgrade your weapon to +(the most you can). It will make up for running out of resin.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like the Bell Gargoyles are the last challenge that will cause new players to quit. If you beat them it's sort of like acknowledging you understand the game can be bullshit at times but are determined to finish it regardless.

Keep that shield up and wait for your opening. You can get a few free hits in if you strafe around the gargoyles as they breathe fire since that animation takes a long time.

What weapon are you using? Everybody's suggestion to upgrade it is a good one but you might consider using a heavier weapon for this fight since it will knock bigger chunks off of their health and remove the 2vs1 part faster.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By IBurningStar

Farm rats under the bridge for humanity. Or if you already have the key to the lower city you can try your luck against Capra demon and try to get to the sewer to farm the rats there. Next, make sure you have saved Lautrec from the chapel prison cell (he is on the upper floor in a little area that is slightly before the steps leading up to the Gargoyles) and have then talked to him again at Firelink Shrine. While at Firelink you should revive to human. Also make sure you have upgraded your flasks via the fire keeper if you haven't already. Then hop on the lift, take care of the few baddies on the way back up, and summon both Lautrec and Solaire. Only way you can lose now is to go full retard.

But that is just if you are frustrated and want to do it the cheap way.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Almost gave up at that part. Just use the resin you get in undeadburg. Should you run out of that, go farm humanity off some rats and summon Solaire. Good luck.

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Heltom92

If you have the drake sword it's really easy. Did it first try.

PeezMachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#23  Edited By PeezMachine

The key is that if you're going to wound the first one enough for the second one to show up, you need to finish the job! Go two-handed and wail on that first one once he's weak, because if he gets to jump away then it's a lot harder to get back into position with two of those things breathing fire at you.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Justin258

I actually used the same tactic that I used on the Taurus demon - I farmed a shitton of souls, bought as many firebombs as I could, and just threw them from a distance. I think I could throw them out of range of their firebreath, too. Made the whole thing really easy.

My firebomb tactic stopped working when I got to a giant moth, though, which is where I stopped playing the game. I'll pick it back up someday.

Greatgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cut off the tail for massive damage

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I feel like the Bell Gargoyles are the last challenge that will cause new players to quit. If you beat them it's sort of like acknowledging you understand the game can be bullshit at times but are determined to finish it regardless.

Keep that shield up and wait for your opening. You can get a few free hits in if you strafe around the gargoyles as they breathe fire since that animation takes a long time.

What weapon are you using? Everybody's suggestion to upgrade it is a good one but you might consider using a heavier weapon for this fight since it will knock bigger chunks off of their health and remove the 2vs1 part faster.

It was Capra Demon first time around for me. Picked it up again a couple months later and beat it first try, felt great.

For OP- either get a shield that can block its attacks 100% (knight shield I believe is available at this time) and block while moving in (the only thing it won't block is the fire attack but you can simply strafe around it) then move in, attack 1-2 times and repeat. Once the 2nd one comes ignore it and concentrate on killing the first one as fast as possible, having 2 to deal with is really hard but you should be able to kill the first one before the 2nd gets within range. Then you just repeat again for the 2nd gargoyle.

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My firebomb tactic stopped working when I got to a giant moth, though, which is where I stopped playing the game. I'll pick it back up someday.

Ironic, because that's only fight where I ever use firebombs.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258 said:

Ironic, because that's only fight where I ever use firebombs.

I also didn't try very hard. I got to the moth at a point where I was ready to turn the game off and do something else for a little while, and I just haven't got back to it yet.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.