Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Are arrows a subsitute for magic attacks? (spoilers)

Avatar image for thehuntsmen5434
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

I ask this because I have no magic, and after ringing the first bell, and pretty much seeing all to most of the areas and how the entire world is connected some things just don't seem possible to kill without magic. Drakes take forever to kill with a sword / magic sword. Those crystal giants before the Hydra take little to no damage with my sword. And moonlight butterfly is strictly range. Should I just start leveling my attunment for magic? Or is it possible to complete this game without it. Just using arrows.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingzetta

They can be like if you get the fire or holy or poison arrows.

thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

Does the NPC in Undead Burg sell those?

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kingzetta
    @thehuntsmen5434 said:

It just seems like suicide to use close combat or anything. I've beaten most bosses by just running into their legs and their attacks go over me, but that's when I'm lucky.

Maybe your underleveled or not suppose to be there yet. 
    Have you been to the lower undead burg yet?
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@thehuntsmen5434: You can kill Moonlit Butterfly melee. If you wait long enough (roll through his attacks) it will eventually start feeding on the flowers right by your bridge and you can whack on it. It will attack right when this 'move' ends sometimes so don't get too greedy, although it wasn't enough damage to one shot me when I got hit by it. You can use the broken wall as cover when he's on the one side of the bridge. Pretty easy fight actually.
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

Probably under-leveled. I'm a dex build, but I haven't found any dex weapons yet. I can kill knights with some patience, but the only place that seems right in terms of difficultly for my stats is the forest "darkroot" I believe. Also probably Blight-town although I haven't traveled deep enough into it yet. Valley of Drakes, Darkroot Basin, Stray demon in Northern undead Asylum, and the Catacombs all seem out of my reach at the moment. I'm SL 21 right now. Am I supposed to be where it sounds like I am?

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By kingzetta
    @thehuntsmen5434 said:

Does the NPC in Undead Burg sell those?

in the sewer yeah
    thehuntsmen5434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thehuntsmen5434

@SuperfluousMoniker: Nice, I'll have to try that.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kingzetta
    @thehuntsmen5434 said:

Probably under-leveled. I'm a dex build, but I haven't found any dex weapons yet. I can kill knights with some patience, but the only place that seems right in terms of difficultly for my stats is the forest "darkroot" I believe. Also probably Blight-town although I haven't traveled deep enough into it yet. Valley of Drakes, Darkroot Basin, Stray demon in Northern undead Asylum, and the Catacombs all seem out of my reach at the moment. I'm SL 21 right now. Am I supposed to be where it sounds like I am?

Did you fight the capris demon yet?
    The one with two swords and 2 dogs. You should go to lower undead burg than.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.