Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Artorias DLC is estimated 10 hours long

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Sackmanjones
    Source 

And its apparently going to be 15 bucks (and free with PC of course). I don't know the source website but they seem competent enough to give out good information. Anyway, 10 hours is A LOT of game for 15 bucks and I seriously cannot wait to play it. I just started playing Dark Souls again a few days ago it will have 15 bucks set aside for this. 

EDIT: Also if anyone is willing I need some help where I'm at in my game! I am currently just before "Seath the Scaleless" and man he is a bitch. In fact, its kind of a bitch to just get to him. I'm level 67 and have the queelag blade but feel quite under powered. Should I be grinding more or finding better weapons? Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

EDIT2: I beat Seath, did not notice the crystal in the back, thanks for the help! I also beat the 4 kings which were pretty easy if you ask me. Now Im at the Demon Ruins and have killed all the Taurs demons. Any other advice would be great!
    Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

@Sackmanjones: The enemies in the room right before Seath, those clamshell guys, are among the hardest in the game. I recommend being very careful to only fight one at a time. If you aggro more than one, run back to the previous area, where you crossed the invisible bridge. They usually get caught in the narrow path and you can pick them off there or wait for them to return to their initial positions. Try using the lightning spear on them if you've got it upgraded, it's safer. Or magic/pyromancy if you've got any.

As for Seath, he's easy if you have curse resist gear.  Havel's armor, Paladin's armor, and the Antiquated Dress set are all good for this. Don't try to get behind him and attack the tail, the tail whips are by far his most dangerous attack. Just run right up and hit him in the the chest area. When he shoots the ice waves, run away until they dissipate. He can do an ice wave away from him and one close to him, depending on where you are, so if you can bait him to attack when you're far away, then run up on him, you can hit him with impunity for a bit. Good luck!
    Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Totori
    @Sackmanjones: you can get to seth without killing anything. Just get down that ladder and book it. Just run as fast as you can. Also make sure you smash that crystal that heal him.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By shirogane

Seath is kinda easy as long as you get curse resist. Apart from that, as the guy above me said, you can get to him without killing a single thing.

The DLC sounds pretty great then. Looking forward to more Dark Souls i guess.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By NoobSauceG7

I honestly don't care about the cost of it. Anything souls related is a must purchase for me and I am totally stoked about the new DLC!

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By MooseyMcMan

That sounds like something From Software would do. Make DLC that is longer than most games are these days! But I wonder what that 10 hours means. Is that nine hours of dying and retrying stuff?

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @MooseyMcMan said:

That sounds like something From Software would do. Make DLC that is longer than most games are these days! But I wonder what that 10 hours means. Is that nine hours of dying and retrying stuff?

No no no my good sir. See its 10 hours if you are Jesus Christ and flawless. For normal human beings like us, its 10 hours plus that 9 or so hours of dying. Therefore, the dlc is around 19 hours. I believe my math checks out.
    Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Totori
    @Sackmanjones: Prepare to be chase by dinosaurs
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @SuperfluousMoniker said:
    @Sackmanjones: The enemies in the room right before Seath, those clamshell guys, are among the hardest in the game. I recommend being very careful to only fight one at a time. If you aggro more than one, run back to the previous area, where you crossed the invisible bridge. They usually get caught in the narrow path and you can pick them off there or wait for them to return to their initial positions. Try using the lightning spear on them if you've got it upgraded, it's safer. Or magic/pyromancy if you've got any.  As for Seath, he's easy if you have curse resist gear.  Havel's armor, Paladin's armor, and the Antiquated Dress set are all good for this. Don't try to get behind him and attack the tail, the tail whips are by far his most dangerous attack. Just run right up and hit him in the the chest area. When he shoots the ice waves, run away until they dissipate. He can do an ice wave away from him and one close to him, depending on where you are, so if you can bait him to attack when you're far away, then run up on him, you can hit him with impunity for a bit. Good luck!
    Thanks for the help, he wasn't too bad once I figured him out. As for the clamshell things I couldn't agree more. They were a pain in the ass to beat but I finally did it. As I said above, I'm at the Demon Ruins now. I killed all the Tarus demons and ready to continue. Any more tips would be quite helpful
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Sackmanjones: Okay, good. I still haven't played Dark Souls, but good.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Totori
    @Sackmanjones: There is a boss at the next fog gate, so watch out.
    MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MezZa

10 hours sounds great. I am ready to die again.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Sackmanjones
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By Spoonman671

I don't know what 10 hours means in Dark Souls terms.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By NegativeCero

So excited. I wonder what they'll reveal about the story through the items in it. I should probably get back to my game and actually beat it before this though.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Spoonman671 said:
    If you look up about 4 to 5 posts I clarified.
    Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Joeyoe31

Can't wait. Now all I have to do is wait for it to be released.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dillonwerner

Just went I let that game go they pull me back in. Let the rage ensue.

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By shirogane

@Sackmanjones: Nope, i don't think he means that one. Or maybe he does, but there's another boss. Then another one. That area is evil.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By jakob187

I need to plug this back in one day and finally fucking beat it. It's just...ya know...Skyrim happened, then KoA: Reckoning, and then I got stuck on some SSX...and then Darkness II and Syndicate...it was a hellacious beginning for 2012. Now that Diablo III is out, it's just going to be tough to pry me away. I'll get around to it.

Also, Four Kings is definitely one of the easier fights in the game non-NG+ from what I've seen...at least, as a melee. You just walk right up to the fuckers as close as possible, and they hit you for jack shit.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @jakob187: I highly recommend putting it back in. I just did a few days ago and before I knew it I got sucked way in again
    ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

That is great. I am now wondering how well that DlC will mesh with the rest of the game.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23  Edited By me3639

@jakob187 said:

I need to plug this back in one day and finally fucking beat it. It's just...ya know...Skyrim happened, then KoA: Reckoning, and then I got stuck on some SSX...and then Darkness II and Syndicate...it was a hellacious beginning for 2012. Now that Diablo III is out, it's just going to be tough to pry me away. I'll get around to it.

Also, Four Kings is definitely one of the easier fights in the game non-NG+ from what I've seen...at least, as a melee. You just walk right up to the fuckers as close as possible, and they hit you for jack shit.

Funny, almost the same path i went down KOA, Darkness 2, Syndicate. However, i gave up earlier on Dark Souls than you. I really love that game, the mood, and the patience you have to have with encounters, but it is complete, pure, sadistic, madness.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I want to play this game but it scares me.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Turambar
    @Sackmanjones said:
    @Spoonman671 said:
    But if you're flawless, you can beat all of Dark Souls in one to two hours.
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ShaggE

Pass (for the foreseeable future). The case sits there, taunting me to resume playing... but I'm still super-early on and so stuck that I'm wondering if I should roll another character.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27  Edited By jakob187

@me3639@Sackmanjones: I actually DID plug it back in at one point when I found out that my XBL account and game saves had been deleted from the Xbox I played on here at work (I work at a gaming center...and little kids are fuckstains). In turn, I had to remake a character, but that dood is wreckin' way harder than my previous guy, so I can't complain. Knowing what I knew going in on a second character, it made things WAY more streamlined for creation and stat building.

I'm sure I'll play it again before the DLC hits, as my friend will pretty much force me to do it.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#28  Edited By jacksukeru

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

That is great. I am now wondering how well that DlC will mesh with the rest of the game.

From the trailers I've seen and the info I've heard it seems like there will be a place in the regular game, probably the area near the first hydra and golden golem, where a dark hand pulls you into some sort of rift which takes you back in time. It might be similar to the painted world in terms of meshing with the rest of the game.

After having spent around 300 hours on the game on 5 different characters I'm kind of sick of it, but I definetly will still take the chance to experience some new content. 10 hours is not a reliable number for something like this I feel but with three bosses, black dragon, chimera lion thing and Artorias, I assume, I feel I can at least hope for something larger in size than say, the painted world, which was what I initally hoped for it to be.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NathHaw

@RockmanBionics said:

...might be similar to the painted world in terms of meshing with the rest of the game.

That sounds great to me. I liked that part quite a lot...and hated it too walking up that huge platform near the end.

biggiedubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By biggiedubs

@Turambar said:

@Sackmanjones said:
    @Spoonman671 said:
    But if you're flawless, you can beat all of Dark Souls in one to two hours.

You mean IF YOU'RE INSANE you can beat it in one to two hours.

For the first runthrough, I think the rule of thumb is you take the perfect time, and then mulitply it by about 40 or 50. Then add some more.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#31  Edited By mosespippy

@Sackmanjones: I think he's referring to a different boss. One similar to the Asylum Demon and Stray Demon but fire based. I beat it my first time though so I had forgotten that area had a boss until my second playthrough where it was once again a cake walk.

@Irvandus said:

I want to play this game but it scares me.

I was intimidated before I played it as well, but I started off by 2 handing a battle axe and I could one hit all the skeletons in the first couple of sections. It's nowhere near as difficult as I had anticipated.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @ShaggE: What exactly are you stuck on?
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

The Bell Gargoyle (I can't even get far enough to spawn the second one). I thought maybe I was supposed to fight the Titanite Demon first... nnnnope. I'm a purely melee (first mistake) Pyromancer with a lance.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

The Bell Gargoyle (I can't even get far enough to spawn the second one). I thought maybe I was supposed to fight the Titanite Demon first... nnnnope. I'm a purely melee (first mistake) Pyromancer with a lance.

I also played a pyro wait with a sword. You need to fight them with help. Use some humanity and get some others to fight with you. You wouldn't believe how helpful phantoms are with bosses
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

@ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

I also played a pyro wait with a sword. You need to fight them with help. Use some humanity and get some others to fight with you. You wouldn't believe how helpful phantoms are with bosses

Might just do that. Sadly, I had an absolute bounty of humanity that I lost while dying on a corpse run, but I've still got enough to summon. Don't remember if I have enough to become human as well, though, I'll have to check.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

@ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

Might just do that. Sadly, I had an absolute bounty of humanity that I lost while dying on a corpse run, but I've still got enough to summon. Don't remember if I have enough to become human as well, though, I'll have to check.

Well if you don't, what you wanna do is help someone else out. If you help somebody else beat a boss you will at least get one humanity maybe two. On top of that you get the experience of fighting the boss with no consequence really
    ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

@ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

@ShaggE

@Sackmanjones said:

Well if you don't, what you wanna do is help someone else out. If you help somebody else beat a boss you will at least get one humanity maybe two. On top of that you get the experience of fighting the boss with no consequence really

That's an idea. I had little to no trouble with the first two bosses thanks to GB's coverage, but I can imagine the second boss being an absolute motherfucker for new players who don't notice the ladder by the door and piece things together... perfect for lending a hand.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By WalkerD

I'm really hoping the entrance to this DLC isn't near either of the Hydras. I've put a couple hundred hours into Dark Souls, five or six playthroughs, and I still can't kill either of those things. Some sort of odd anxiety comes over me. I think I have a phobia of water monsters. Man controls land, man controls the air, but underwater, totally fucked.

I find my fear of those hydra's especially odd considering I was able to play MHTri and fight the underwater bosses with ease.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#40  Edited By Draugen

Sweet. 10 hours for the average player equals 30 hours for me, because I'm awful. Can. Not. Wait!

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @dudeglove I can see how that happens but for people actually playing the game, the dlc is estimated at tha length. Of course it's an estimation, some may finish in 15 and some may finish in 5.
    Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @WalkerD honestly I don't see why it just couldn't be attached to firelink shire
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By eroticfishcake

@WalkerD: As long as you've got a good shield with high stability they're incredibly easy. Alternatively you can always wittle them down if you've got a long range bow. Might be a good idea to try using some poison arrows too. That aside I can't think of much else to help you with your phobia of sorts.

WalkerD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By WalkerD

@eroticfishcake: Mechanically I understand how the fight works, I just get up there and get scared shitless. The one in the Great Hollow is even worse with it's jumping over your head and all.

VanderSEXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By VanderSEXXX

ugh sorry is this DLC gna come out also on the consoles? cause If so then I'll be happy not to repeat the numerous hours I already spent on this game. Normally I favor the PC ports over the console ports but for this game I guess I wanna stick with the time I already invested on the PS3 with this game. Add me in PSN: fafaSMURF if ever. I dunno if you can summon me since I'm already at soul level 171, but you can try nevertheless and I'll glady help.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By eroticfishcake

@VanderSEXXX: The DLC will be available for consoles but only in Winter whilst the PC version is out in Autumn.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#47  Edited By mosespippy

@dudeglove: There is a 69 minute play through where the guy skips the first Seath battle all together. He rides the elevator up to the battle then sends it down and jumps onto the railing of the elevator and then onto the upper floors of the library so he can get out to the Crystal Cave. If I remember correctly he skips Undead Burg all together by going through Valley of Drakes/Darkroot Basin/Darkroot Garden and emerging at Undead Parish for the Bell Gargoyle fight. I think he was a Hunter with the Master Key.

@WalkerD: The Hydras are intimidating at range but up close they are easier. Their lunge attack is easy to dodge and only gets easier as you cut off the heads one by one. The Rusted Iron Ring is also key since movement speed in water is a huge factor in those fights.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#48  Edited By Svenzon

I am excited as hell. 10 hours for 15 bucks sounds a great value for me, especially since if you include all the inevitable deaths, the playtime will probably be stretched to say 20 hours or so.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By pweidman

Sounds awesome. I'm due for a revisit anyway. This winter huh?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.