Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Back at work :-/

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mars

Though I didn't take any extra time off for the release of Dark Souls, today is my first day back at work since purchasing it and I can't stop thinking about it. I don't know what it is about this game that is so appealing ... but, damn. This game is phenomenal. Since I can't play right now I find myself just browsing the forums to get a quick fix.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Mars

And I just agreed to work a 24hr shift ... keep some good stories coming, it's gonna be a long night.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By RadixNegative2

Hm I feel the same way. Can't stop thinking about what is around the next corner when I'm not playing.

This game makes the fact that it's midterms all the worse.

Did you get the drake sword everyone's talking about? I haven't had time to look up how to get it.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mars

I feel your pain! Full time job, full time student, family. They've all been just slightly neglected over the past few days. You get the Drake Sword by shooting the dragon guarding the bridge in his tail several times with arrows. You should do it from underneath where you see his tail "wag". Be sure to kill the two enemies under the bridge first though.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I think its all the options!
    So many weapons, styles and ways to kill.
    Varied enemies, new stuff to explore, gear to manage, resin's and other items to use.

Its just so satisfying backstabbing a knight when you dodge his attack and kick him down the stairs of the cathedral...

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MysteriousFawx

So unfair, was supposed to be out on the 7th here... mine was dispatched on the 5th (leaving me thinking woooo! I might get it on the 6th!) and its still not arrived. Tomorrow is a Sunday so I'm clearly not getting it until the 10th....when I have work....for 12 hours....SIGH

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mars

I am not usually one to play a difficult or frustrating game, but for some reason I don't typically get overwhelmingly angry at my deaths in DS. I think part of my fascination is because I've played at least 10 hours and I feel like there is still so much for me to explore and learn. In most games I have everything figured out by now and I'm just going through the motions.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By FancySoapsMan

It's a really addictive game.

I keep telling myself I'm going to do homework or play something else, but I always end up playing Dark Souls.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By mnzy

A 24h shift? What.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Nux

I feel the same way, I started out slow only playing it for an hour at a time then I really started to dig into it. It's just so satisfying to do anything in this game.

Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Jeffsekai

GIVE ME YOUR SOULS

Avatar image for deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61
    deactivated-5d61ff6f14b61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

I'm nearing the end of a short vacation from work. Technically I could try to play this at work--yes, at work--but without the ability to pause, I'd have to be in a safe place (which are few and far between) and ready to walk away at a moment's notice.

... ...

I'll probably still try. :P

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By the_hiro_abides

@ashkanhoss29: You can get the drake sword by shooting the red dragon's tail undead burg about 20 times with arrows. You can do that easily underneath the bridge. If you have no idea what I'm talking about he's in the quicklook about an hour in I think.

RadixNegative2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By RadixNegative2

Got the drake sword :)

There was a moment right after it dropped when I thought it had disappeared (I had picked it up without noticing). For about 5 seconds I hated the game more than anything in the world.

Now I just need to increase my strength to 16 so I can use it. I kinda wish I hadn't put so many points into into Dexterity and Resistance.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mars
    @mnzy
    A 24h shift? What.
    I'm an EMT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.