Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Best soul magic spells for PvP?

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By James5955

I'm curious as to which soul magic spells you guys think are best for PvP, and how do you obtain them? I'm a full blown sorcerer and I'm looking to do a fair amount of PvP but find my lack of offensive spells that aren't easy to dodge disturbing.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Chop

Strong magic shield is the only soul spell worth a damn. They're all too slow and easily blocked/dodged to be viable for pvp.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Ulong

how viable soul magic is for pvp depends how honorable you want to be.
    I've had some great luck waiting untill people engage enemies and then blowing them up in the back with some slow ass heavy spells. If you join the DarkWraiths you can even get a stone that lets you invade people without them being notified you're in their game. 

It's dark souls, being an asshole to opponents is with the spirit of the game.

If you don't want to be a huge asshole , then your best bet for pvp is to join the darkmoon blade, you can have 2 darkmoon invaders at once, and maybe you can land some of your spells if they're distracted with your buddy?

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By James5955

@Ulong: Are you sure that's DarkWraith? I thought it was Darkblade, I hope it's darkblade anyway because that's the whole reason I joined them; so that I could gank unsuspecting people. I've invaded a few worlds after joining them so far, and yah a few of the spells like Soul Spear have been real nice for hitting them when they don't see it coming. However when they do see it coming I seem to be boned unless the other player is really clueless as to how to dodge spells. I guess I'll be leaving the PvP aspect of the game to my warrior.

Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ulong
    @James5955:  nah, I'm in darkmoone blade on my knight. I'm pretty sure my opponents are getting warned when I enter their game. My stone doesn't say anything about not warning them, and the darkmoone blade are supposed to be one of the "good guy" factions so it wouldn't be fitting with the story really.

Edit: I looked it up. Your opponents won't get warned when your ring brings you into their game, but they do get warned when you use your stone. So I guess you'll just want to leave your ring on at all times so you can get pulled into unsuspecting people's games.
    I think the ring only lets you invade people who've killed though right? where as the stone lets you invade all guilty people.
    Ulong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ulong

You know what though, I could even be wrong about everything I've said. I think the biggest problem with Demon/Dark souls is they weren't sure which information was fun to obfusticate, and which was just annoying to obfusticate.

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By James5955

I have no idea on the specifics really, if the stone does tell the player then that might explain a few invasions I made earlier where it seemed like the player knew I was coming.. kind of sucked that there were a couple of phantoms with the guy as well lol.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By white

I remember in Demon's Souls one guy totally owned me by running up to me and casting Firestorm right outside of my melee range. Took me completely off guard and one-shotted me too.

This happened more than once too!

MrCandleguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MrCandleguy

@Ulong: I've looked online and a cracked red eye orb warns people, a normal red eye orb doesn't warm them and same with the Darkmoon ring. But that puts you in peoples worlds when you are needed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.