Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Big issue for me.

UdderDischarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UdderDischarge

I find that I slow to a walk at random,often and anywhere, this can be on any terrain, no gear on, havels and rusted ring equipped, basically 0 encumbered. ive tested it every where, my controller is brand new because i got one which i thought was the issue. this is game breaking, it happens hollowed or human, solo or pvp, and really freaking annoying when you have to sprint out of the way. please tell me if i can do anything to fix it, I cannot play like this,

thanks.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Canteu

Are you running out of stamina perhaps?

Do you mean you're sprinting and you'll stop sprinting?

Or do you mean you'll go from full tilt to quarter, like the jog to walk animation?

UdderDischarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UdderDischarge

no full or at least half stamina it doesnt slow down gradually, sprint walk run for example. It just starts the walking animation at full sprint or run for NO reason whatsoever. i cant think what would cause this, apparently its a one off issue, I found some gamefaq thread about this and one of the posters cryptically said "it happens rarely" it happens to me all the time, could it be lag from ghosts, or orange signs? because it is client based, im a night owl so when i play its usually with the aussies and new zealanders and probably all of japan and korea. id like to rule lag out i get great bandwidth, could i be holding too much stuff in inventory, should i deposit excess in bottomless box? im out of ideas.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @gdemann said:

no full or at least half stamina it doesnt slow down gradually, sprint walk run for example. It just starts the walking animation at full sprint or run for NO reason whatsoever. i cant think what would cause this, apparently its a one off issue, I found some gamefaq thread about this and one of the posters cryptically said "it happens rarely" it happens to me all the time, could it be lag from ghosts, or orange signs? because it is client based, im a night owl so when i play its usually with the aussies and new zealanders and probably all of japan and korea. id like to rule lag out i get great bandwidth, could i be holding too much stuff in inventory, should i deposit excess in bottomless box? im out of ideas.

Try turning off your internet and then see what happens. And ya just for combat/weight sake put un needed stuff in the box. Makes you move faster. 
    Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Canteu

There is no weight limit to the amount of stuff you can carry, only what you can equip. This was on release so I don't know if the updates changed that.

Although there is a limit of 1984 items in your inventory at once, this doesn't slow you down, just means you can't pick up anything else.

All I can suggest is playing offline and seeing if that makes any difference.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Spoonman671

You might want to try deleting and reinstalling game data.  If that doesn't work, I guess it could be a problem with the disc, but that seems unlikely.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Fallen189

360? I noticed this on my buddys 360, but not on my PS3

Avatar image for everydayodyssey
    EverydayOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By EverydayOdyssey

Never had that problem nor heard of it before - if it is not a stamina issue then your guess is as good as mine as to the cause.

fRAWRst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fRAWRst

never encountered this in 100+ hours of DarkS on ps3, are you on ps3 or 360?

and to clarify; are you saying that at random times your analog control will all of a sudden move to a low point, making your character walk? that really sounds like a controller issue, but i have no idea to be honest. maybe send a email to the publisher asking if this is a known problem

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By wefwefasdf

@fRAWRst said:

that really sounds like a controller issue

I agree! I had a similar issue with Halo: Reach where it would randomly take me out of sprinting for no apparent reason. Try using a different controller and see if the problem persists.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#11  Edited By jacksukeru

I also agree that it could be a controller issue, does it happen only when you run in certain directions? Because then it could be your analog stick that is either not centered or otherwise broken. I have had this happen with some controllers in the past (most problematically, with my PsP)

The best way to test if this is the case is that when it happens when you're running in one direction try stopping and pushing lightly on the stick in the same direction, then stop and push very ligtly in the opposite. If the controller is off centered then even a very light push in the second direction will start you moving, while it will do nothing when lightly pressing in the other.

Try turning off your controller, then make sure that the analog sticks are centered before restarting, it might take a few tries to get right. Unless it was a on time thing it probably keeps happening because your controller is slightly busted and prone to be in an off-centered position when started up, not sure what to do about that I'm afraid.

UdderDischarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By UdderDischarge

it was a controller issue after all some gunk was probably deep inside my right analog and damn you M$ for your propriety, If there was a tool available I could have cleaned it my self. and saved $50 bucks, it was brand new. can we turn this into a tool thread now?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.