Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Black Knight died after me, achievement screwed?

UpPast2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UpPast2

I was fighting the Black Knight right before the boar boss (the one in the upward spiraling stair case, right after the rats) and thought using the fire to kill him was a great idea. However, the knight ended up killing me, and while watching the "You Died" message he ended up dying as well to the fire he was standing in.

I believe he dropped a unique weapon required for one of the rare weapon achievements. Will he respawn in NG+ or am I totally hosed?

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By cornbredx

There's plenty more in the game, he's not the only one as I recall. 
    Just being a nit picker here, but that boar thing isn't actually a boss. So you know. Later in the game he's a regular old bad guy. Maybe a mini boss.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Canteu

You'll be fine. Theres a place with respawning black nights of all varieties.

coaxmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By coaxmetal

Near the very end of the game there are black knights that actually respawn too, although I don't remember if there are any with the polearm (but there are some of those later in the game anyway). Also their weapons aren't a guaranteed drop.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By McGhee

Yeah, you should be OK. Now just look out for all of the other ways you can completely ruin a single playthrough. :P

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By spazmaster666

@UpPast2 said:

Will he respawn in NG+ or am I totally hosed?

If you mean will he appear again in NG+, every enemy you fought on your first playthrough will reappear exactly as they did in NG+, they will just hit harder and have higher stats.

But yeah, those guys definitely reappear near the end of the game.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By OroJackson

Not only will he reappear in NG+, and not only are there more Black Knights throughout the world, but the end of the game has respawnig Black Knights of all kinds that you can farm for their weapons

So you aren't screwed, besides they don't have 100% chance to drop their items anyway

Avatar image for lookitspineapple
    LookItsPineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LookItsPineapple

That one I believe is a Greatsword Black Knight, in which case yeah there are plenty of opportunities to get his worthless sword later. If you're that early in the game I wouldn't worry about trying to wield it any time soon, anyhow.

Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Grissefar

If you're going for all unique weapons, I don't think black knight weapons will be any trouble compared to stuff like Priscillas tail, which you have to cut off an invisible Priscilla or Seath's tail, who will gladly one-shot you if you try to go behind him. Ha! Ha! You're in the first area - I wouldn't even worry about that stuff on your first playthrough.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By strainedeyes

@Grissefar said:

If you're going for all unique weapons, I don't think black knight weapons will be any trouble compared to stuff like Priscillas tail, which you have to cut off an invisible Priscilla or Seath's tail, who will gladly one-shot you if you try to go behind him. Ha! Ha! You're in the first area - I wouldn't even worry about that stuff on your first playthrough.

When you hit her she stops being invisible, cutting her tail off is super easy.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By golguin
    @Geo7877

@Grissefar said:

Yeah Priscilla is really easy. Seath is a pain and should be done with two people. One distracts from the front and the other hits the tip of the middle tail.
    DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By DarthOrange

I remember when I was fighting someone who drops a rare weapon and then I saw him fall off a cliff. It almost made me want to cry and restart. Also, are you trying to S rank? You monster......

Tiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Tiwi

@golguin said:

@Geo7877

@Grissefar said:

Yeah Priscilla is really easy. Seath is a pain and should be done with two people. One distracts from the front and the other hits the tip of the middle tail.

Did you really find it that hard to get seath's tail? I remember equiping my "quicky" sword, and just poking at it for a few mins when he was using the "crystal beam" on the ground. It wasn't that difficult :-P

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By golguin

@Tiwi said:

@golguin said:

@Geo7877

@Grissefar said:

Did you really find it that hard to get seath's tail? I remember equiping my "quicky" sword, and just poking at it for a few mins when he was using the "crystal beam" on the ground. It wasn't that difficult :-P

Now that I think about it all the times I tried to do it I did it by myself and I wasn't hitting the tip. It was only when I asked why the tail wouldn't come off after taking away half his health with tail hits that I learned you had to hit the very tip. Once I learned that I went into the fight with someone else and we cut off the tail easily. Since then I never tried to cut off the tail by myself.

I also remember Seath would constantly turn to face me so simply getting behind him was a challenge. When I did manage it he'd do his tail flail attack and cause me to retreat. This was all around SL 50 so I didn't have the speed and armor to tank/dodge those hits. My SL of 111 was enough to totally obliterate a NG++ Seath with my lightning uchi and pyromancy.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@CornBREDX said:

There's plenty more in the game, he's not the only one as I recall. Just being a nit picker here, but that boar thing isn't actually a boss. So you know. Later in the game he's a regular old bad guy. Maybe a mini boss.

Boar is a miniboss, or pseudo Black Phantom NPC from the first game. 3 in the game, none respawn, last 2 are a much larger pain in the ass than the first one (though still far from difficult). Firespray kills framerate and makes fighting them enjoyable again.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.