Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Bloodred Moss

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AndyD74

Am I the only one who finds bloodred moss to be useless? If blood loss worked like it did in Demon's Souls, then it would be different, but imo the way it works in Dark Souls kind of makes it worthless. I don't think I have time to pop a bloodred moss to get rid of my bleed bar. I mean, I don't even pop purple moss until I actually get poisoned. In Demon's Souls, when you were made to bleed, it was gradual like when you're poisoned. In Dark Souls, it's an instant massive amount of blood loss instead of gradual. Don't get me wrong, I like to make someone lose blood like that, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone pop a bloodred moss while fighting me. Have you guys ever used it?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

If bleeding meant a gradual loss of HP like Poison then you might as well remove it since they're the same. I consider bleeding to be more dangerous since there's no predictability to it unlike poison. Fortunately, it's not terribly common which why I use the Lifehunt Scythe which causes bleeding to the user and the target (though it has a larger effect on the opponent) so Bloodred Moss comes into use there. It's made easier if you wear bleed resistant gear too. It really depends on your playstyle really.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Aetheldod

When you fight Priscilia you better want those Bloodred Mosses handy

AndyD74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AndyD74

I've fought and defeated Priscilla many times, never once used bloodred moss.

MysteriousFawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MysteriousFawx

@AndyD74: Its more used in PvP, as people have said it helps with the Scythe users and its really handy against players who rely on stacking a bleed effect to get through/past your armour.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.