Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Can you use cystal magic weapon on demons greataxe?

schreiberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I was wondering if you could and if it is even worth getting my int (10) all the way up to 25 to use the buff.

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By audiosnow

It's not worth it to use Crystal anything.

There are repairable upgrade paths that do better damage.

EDIT: By "better" I don't mean more per strike, but more over time with less vulnerability.

EDIT AGAIN: Oops, I probably should have read the whole thing. All thirty words of it.

I believe you can. It's probably worth it if you're planning on using other sorceries as well. If not, you may just want to make do with the +80 at 500 Souls cost from Charcoal.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MezZa

@mlarrabee: Pretty sure he means the spell buff. Not the weapon path.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By development

@mlarrabee said:

It's not worth it to use Crystal anything.

There are repairable upgrade paths that do more damage.

They mean the magic enchantment spell "crystal magic weapon," not the crystal upgrade path. Ookee someone else told you.

@schreiberty said:

I was wondering if you could and if it is even worth getting my int (10) all the way up to 25 to use the buff.

If you have more faith than intelligence, it may be worthwhile for you to seek out the Blades of the Darkmoon covenant. Though that requires some serious pvp if you're interested in getting the miracle to its full effectiveness. If you do, though, it's the most powerful enchantment of any kind in the game. I think Crystal Magic Weapon is the second best, followed by lightning, though there's no npc in the game that sells an infinite supply of Gold Pine Resin, and it's boring as hell to farm for. If none of these options sound too interesting you might be best off with either +5 Chaos if you regularly have lots of humanity (10 maxes the buff), or +5 Lightning from the Giant Blacksmith. Or a +15 weapon with Charcoal Pine Resin if you don't care about having the most powerful enchantment. +3 Darkmoon is *the* most powerful enchant, though, if you just want pure dps.

I personally hate having to re-apply the Pine Resins and enchantments, so I go with +5 Lightning or +5 Chaos. If you're interesting in pure damage output, there's a weapon or two that are more powerful than the Demon's Greataxe, although I love the Greataxe's Hornet Ring parrying animation.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.