Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Cannot play Dark Souls & Batman: Arkham City together..

• 63 results
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By RsistncE

@SethPhotopoulos: Oh so now it's about how mature I am? He's changed his allegations against me like three times and none of them have stood on any actual evidence. I don't give a shit about being mature on a video game site, I don't live to please you dolts. If someone wants turn something into an argument where there isn't one, I'm not going to roll over and say they're right, especially not when they're as mind numbingly stupid as this guy.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Mars

@RsistncE said:

@Mars said:

@RsistncE said:

@Mars: Go read the OP's post and then go read the OTHER REPLIES. There are a tonne of other people who said, "Play Dark Souls," or, "Play Arkham City." Are you a fucking shill for From Software? Or do you just have brain damage? Seriously just go around and tell everyone that they need to just shut up. Do you honestly think there was even a point in the OP posting what he did if everyone was just going to tell him to play Dark Souls? Did it ever occur to your little peanut brain that maybe the OP couldn't decide which of the two discussion topics to post it under so he just chose one? How can you be THAT fucking dense.

The fact that you are so obviously inept to anything that has been said in ANY reply to any of your comments by me is only magnified by your last rant against me. I have reached a determination that you are clearly incapable of rational, mature thought. It was clear that the OP was looking for insight from people that have played the games. "Dark Souls is shit" ... while it may be your valid, yet ignorant opinion, does not offer any substantive information. I have never said that AC is not a potentially better game for the OP, but if that is the case, your post did nothing to help him come to that determination. Tell your mommy and daddy hi for me when they tuck you in tonight you fucking cry baby.

LOL, I have played the game (along with Demon's Souls, something which I pointed out in a post) and I did offer my general reasons for why I didn't like Dark Souls only a few posts after my OP. If you had actually bothered to read my OP's you would know this, but you were too busy typing out fits of rage over the blasphemy I committed by insulting your precious Dark Souls. Next time get all your information in order before you make a mountain out of a mole hill, otherwise you just make yourself look like a complete moron.

Also, even if I didn't offer substantive information, you think these guys did?

Batman first.

go dark souls. I cant wait till uni finishes in a week and a half to get stuck into it :)

Flip a coin.

Guess what? About 99% of the posts state just a choice with none of that previous substantive information that you just so badly need. Why don't you go stick your needle dick in their ass? You won't! Why? Because they never said they thought Dark Souls was a bad game, so the only real reason you're still going red in the face is because you didn't want anyone insulting your precious Dark Souls. All of your reasoning is just cover for this fact, you just can't get over it you whiny little bitch.

You should really go back and read all of my posts before you make yourself look like more of an ass than you already do. I have defended your position on many occasions. Was just playing devils advocate for quite a while. I have not had fits of anything but laughter as you obviously get angrier and angrier. You are either a child or a very ignorant and immature adult. Regardless, you look like more of an idiot now than you did in the beginning.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RsistncE

@Mars: Oh you have?

Let's see:

You claimed that I should have stayed out of the topic since I had no interest in it.

I quite clearly proved that I did have an interest in it since the OP was implicitly asking for opinions regarding which game he should temporarily drop: Dark Souls and Arkham City. Since I have played both games, and because I think Dark Souls is shit, I suggested that he play Arkham City right now instead.

Ignoring what I told you above, you then changed topics and jumped over to, "BUT YOU DIDN'T GIVE ANY SUBSTANTIVE INFORMATION!."

I actually did, you just didn't take the time to read the reply I had made to my own OP. And as I said, even if I didn't, so what? No one else in here did, so why should I? The only difference between my opinion and others was that I explicitly said that Dark Souls was a worse game while everyone else said it implicitly.

Under the delusion that you somehow defended your position in your above arguments, you've now decided to make some vague claims that you were playing devils advocate and how I'm a child/immature blah blah blah.

Here's a clue that you didn't defend any of your positions: if you had, you wouldn't have had to jump ship on your first position to the second and then from the second to the third as soon as I fully answered each of your claims. If you were a lawyer (thank god you're not) that would have been you leaving a massive opening for attack since you were actually unable to defend those positions so you bailed on them. Also your need to finally devolve to nothing but a vague claims about just play devil's advocate and then calling me a child and some other nonsense, is about as far as I needed to read to be able to tell that you literally have nothing in terms of an argument. You had nothing before and you still have nothing now.

We need to IQ-gate this fucking site.

thellama042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By thellama042

@Mars: @RsistncE: @SethPhotopoulos:

Good god. Go bicker elsewhere. (Cue flames)

Having played both games, I can say that I personally think that they are both great games. Which one you prefer depends on what types of games you prefer to play. Dark Souls puts you out in the world as the meek nobody trying to save the world, whereas Batman: AC puts you in the role of an person who has trained his whole life to be able to dominate just about anyone or anything. Batman is the scary guy hiding in the dark, taking people out left and right without breaking a sweat, while Dark Souls will kill you off because you just walked under the scary guy hiding in the dark, and he crushed you with a boulder.

It ultimately comes down to your gaming preference. Do you like games that are about slow, methodical fights & environments that require you, the player, to know what's going on around you at all times, with little to no direction to tell you where to go? Then play Dark Souls. Do you like games that have faster fights and tell you what's about to happen to you & what you need to do next? Then play Batman: AC.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#55  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
    @thellama042 said:

Having played both games, I can say that I personally think that they are both great games. Which one you prefer depends on what types of games you prefer to play. Dark Souls puts you out in the world as the meek nobody trying to save the world, whereas Batman: AC puts you in the role of an person who has trained his whole life to be able to dominate just about anyone or anything. Batman is the scary guy hiding in the dark, taking people out left and right without breaking a sweat, while Dark Souls will kill you off because you just walked under the scary guy hiding in the dark, and he crushed you with a boulder.

It ultimately comes down to your gaming preference. Do you like games that are about slow, methodical fights & environments that require you, the player, to know what's going on around you at all times, with little to no direction to tell you where to go? Then play Dark Souls. Do you like games that have faster fights and tell you what's about to happen to you & what you need to do next? Then play Batman: AC.

I only said one thing...
    RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By RsistncE

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@thellama042 said:

I only said one thing...

LOL

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Mars

@RsistncE said:

@Mars: Oh you have?

Let's see:

You claimed that I should have stayed out of the topic since I had no interest in it.

I quite clearly proved that I did have an interest in it since the OP was implicitly asking for opinions regarding which game he should temporarily drop: Dark Souls and Arkham City. Since I have played both games, and because I think Dark Souls is shit, I suggested that he play Arkham City right now instead.

Ignoring what I told you above, you then changed topics and jumped over to, "BUT YOU DIDN'T GIVE ANY SUBSTANTIVE INFORMATION!."

I actually did, you just didn't take the time to read the reply I had made to my own OP. And as I said, even if I didn't, so what? No one else in here did, so why should I? The only difference between my opinion and others was that I explicitly said that Dark Souls was a worse game while everyone else said it implicitly.

Under the delusion that you somehow defended your position in your above arguments, you've now decided to make some vague claims that you were playing devils advocate and how I'm a child/immature blah blah blah.

Here's a clue that you didn't defend any of your positions: if you had, you wouldn't have had to jump ship on your first position to the second and then from the second to the third as soon as I fully answered each of your claims. If you were a lawyer (thank god you're not) that would have been you leaving a massive opening for attack since you were actually unable to defend those positions so you bailed on them. Also your need to finally devolve to nothing but a vague claims about just play devil's advocate and then calling me a child and some other nonsense, is about as far as I needed to read to be able to tell that you literally have nothing in terms of an argument. You had nothing before and you still have nothing now.

We need to IQ-gate this fucking site.

I must say that you are without a doubt the dumbest person I have had this much interaction with in a long time. I invite you to copy and paste every post that I have made in response to this topic ... then read them. If you still feel the way you do now, I recommend you never speak again. If you realize how wrong you are in my position, I will accept your apology.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By RsistncE

@Mars: LOL, it's your job to prove that you defended your position, not my job to prove it. Of course you won't because you're just sidestepping as much as you can in order to avoid admitting to the fact that you have pigshit for brains.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By laserbolts

Lol why isn't this nonsense locked?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By RsistncE

@laserbolts: That's a good question. And to think that this all stemmed from the fact that he couldn't deal with me saying I thought Dark Souls was a shitty game and that if the OP has to choose then he should go with AC. Fucking new users.

HHAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By HHAP

I'm in the same situation, though I haven't bought batman yet, so technically, not as much. I'm going to finish dark souls, and hopefully by the time I do, Batman AC will be cheaper since my wallet has taken a hit.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mars

@RsistncE said:

@Mars: LOL, it's your job to prove that you defended your position, not my job to prove it. Of course you won't because you're just sidestepping as much as you can in order to avoid admitting to the fact that you have pigshit for brains.

Here ya go fuck-tard! My statements, with underlines to highlight specific points. In an effort to not damage the brain of anybody that reads this, I have left your statements out. If you would like to post them, thats your problem. Enjoy!

You sound like an idiot for this comment ... however, I know you must have some redeeming qualities based on your avatar pic.

So ... I was less attempting to insult you than I was trying to say "nice pic" ... however, with the above listed discussion, why are you on a Dark Souls forum if you think its shit? You are welcome to your opinion weather anybody else finds it justifiable or not ... it just seems like putting that type of opinion in a forum such as this is asking for an argument.

No ... I'm saying if you think that Dark Souls is shit, what are you doing in a Dark Souls forum? If this had been in the Arkham City forum it would have been more understandable. Don't get me wrong, I am sure AC is a great game and I look forward to playing it, but, you have to expect some sort of reaction if you make a "troll" like statement about a game in a forum dedicated to said game. I don't particularly care what your preference is. I would bet money that more people will enjoy AC than will DS ... good for them, I hope to enjoy it soon myself. But seriously, if you hate the game ... what are you doing here other that looking for an argument?

The fact that you are so obviously inept to anything that has been said in ANY reply to any of your comments by me is only magnified by your last rant against me. I have reached a determination that you are clearly incapable of rational, mature thought. It was clear that the OP was looking for insight from people that have played the games. "Dark Souls is shit" ... while it may be your valid, yet ignorant opinion, does not offer any substantive information. I have never said that AC is not a potentially better game for the OP, but if that is the case, your post did nothing to help him come to that determination. Tell your mommy and daddy hi for me when they tuck you in tonight you fucking cry baby.

You should really go back and read all of my posts before you make yourself look like more of an ass than you already do. I have defended your position on many occasions. Was just playing devils advocate for quite a while. I have not had fits of anything but laughter, as you obviously get angrier and angrier. You are either a child or a very ignorant and immature adult. Regardless, you look like more of an idiot now than you did in the beginning.

I must say that you are without a doubt the dumbest person I have had this much interaction with in a long time.I invite you to copy and paste every post that I have made in response to this topic ... then read them. If you still feel the way you do now, I recommend you never speak again. If you realize how wrong you are in my position, I will accept your apology.

Rheinmetall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By Rheinmetall

Naturally. I can't play Dark Souls and live my life at the same time. lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.