Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Capra Demon

• 97 results
    PureBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PureBacon

Fellow Giant Soulers,

What level did you battle the capra demon at?

Any tips/tricks?

cgrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By cgrady

Take the dogs out quick, and run up the stairs. When he follows you, jump down and you'll have time to heal if needed and can get a few hits when he jumps down.

But the easiest way, and the way I did it, is to wait for 1 or 2 summon signs to show up outside the mist and have them help you. Makes it easy.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joeyoe31

Ignore what I just wrote earlier. I got demon's mixed up. I beat Carpa demon at about 23. Just kill the dogs and he becomes a cake walk.

azrailx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By azrailx

go right dodge his first swing, go up the stairs on the left, kill the dogs

kite him stairs, hit him when he jumps down = win

or be lazy and summon someone to help like i did

Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
    thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thekingoftoilets

What I did was as soon as I entered the fog, i locked onto the capra demon, threw a firebomb, ran up the steps, and then chilled on the archway on the side, killed the dogs, and made capra my bitch with ranged weapons. Call it a cheese tactic, but it got results (after about 5 tries by myself trying to fight the demon and 2 dogs like a man).

Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vodun

@PureBacon: Cool avatar, where'd you get it from?

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By musubi

Take the dogs out quick. And basically abuse the fuck out of the stairs. Once I got the dogs dead my trick was to run up stairs bombard him with firebombs roll off the ledge when he got to the top went back up after he fell down rinse repeat. As long as you keep using the stairs he can be super easy. If your lucky you might even get a chance to drop attack him.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By white

Might wanna bring something which you can 1 or 2 hit them dogs. Drake Sword or some kind of 2 hander would be nice.

Just run up the steps, break right at the top and hide by the ledge. One dog will follow you, which you can easily kill. The demon might probably go up the stairs, so keep your distance until you can kill off the 2nd dog.

PureBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PureBacon

@Vodun: Hellsing

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By James5955

Fought him at level 18 with a pyromancer. I lured the dogs up the stairs and took them out right away. I then tried to run and jump to do the midair attack against him, but failed horribly and got struck by him. After that failsauce I just fought with him on the ground, blocking a lot of his attacks and doing one swing back, sometimes I would dodge and swing instead. Blocking seemed to work just fine unless he did his leap attack, in that case I had to dodge or else suffer serious damage (almost killed me when at full health). I had to use quite a few estus + 1's. It was the most difficult boss fight I've had to do, but barely succeeded on the first try. The drake sword helped a lot, if not for the significant melee damage I think I wouldn't of lasted.

Really tough fight, best to wait for a summon sign or go in extremely well prepared.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By kingzetta

I beat him today at level 18 
    I just ran up the stairs and threw fire at him

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Bocam

Just so people know the Capra Demon becomes a regular enemy during the second half of the game. Have Fun.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
    SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Bocam: He really wasn't that hard of an enemy though, it's more the situation you fight him in that makes it so difficult. You're in this tiny room, the dogs attack and you're backed up against a wall with him charging you the second the fight starts. If it was a big open room like some other boss fights it would be a cakewalk.
    Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Bocam

@SuperfluousMoniker: You fight three of them at once

SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Bocam:  Okay yeah that sounds hard.
    Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By Gabriel

Fucker sucks, I must have speced my character wrong because as soon as I walk through the fog he takes out half my health with his jumping attack even with my shield up. The attack takes all my endurance before I can even think about killing the dogs and reaching the stairs. Also no one is putting up soul summoning signs anywhere in that area.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gabriel

@Anwar said:

@Gabriel: fuck, so it's not just me, every bit of stamina is drained and he takes even more damage from my health bar... Also no summons signs, oh well

Yeah the thing is I have the Drake Sword so when I do get to hit him it takes up a sizable amount of damage, but I can only get one or two hits before those fucking dogs or the Capra Demon kills me. Guess I'll try the Maneaters but I wasn't having real luck on them either so I'll probably grind more.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gabriel

@Anwar said:

@Gabriel: Summon the npc from the sun covenant(or whatever the fuck it's called), the fight is a lot easier that way.

also if you want another special weapon cut of the tail of the gargoyle to get an axe

The sun knight before the Red Dragon on the Bridge, how do I do that?

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goddamn it all to hell. Both times I've tried doing this I get blocked from running and trapped by the dogs then massacred by that ass hole.

Thank god, beat his ass the fourth try.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Would have been extremely hard to solo this demon since I'm a sorcerer so I summoned another to fight by my side. I went to the staircase so I wouldn't be hit and cast Soul Arrow a lot on the Capra Demon while my warrior partner aggro'd the monsters. I was around level 24 when I defeated it.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By uniform

This was the last Boss I faced. I was level 20. I don't know what was wrong with him, but I would basically run up the stairs half way while he would sit there grinding the side of them trying to get at me. I would then just walk off the stairs towards him, hitting him with the drop attack for a lot of damage (funny how you can land this move with like a three foot drop). I'd then just hop back on the stairs and repeat. He couldn't seem to follow me up those stairs.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, on another note... I just fought the "Gaping Dragon" and got him halfway down easily then... something... happened and I died.

MrMuscle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By MrMuscle

This guy just cost me 5 humanity thingies, im a sad panda now :(

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By McShank

I must like to farm or something because i beat his ass down at level 34... went in there, took the dogs out in2 hits and just ran around cutting his face off.. His attacks only took 1/4th my endurance and it filled back up before he could hit me again.. Guess demon's souls made me not want to fight things when im weak -,-

SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@McShank

Like a couple others in this thread have said, his jump attack is the real problem. If he hits you with that it's almost guaranteed to break guard. Maybe it wouldn't at your level, but definitely in the 20ish area most people take him on at. If you stick close and just block his regular swings he's pretty easy, but that jump attack is like instant death.
    MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By MiniPato

Yeah, mid 20's is when I took him on. I died a lot trying to beat him. The battle is decided within the first two seconds and if you can't thread that needle between him, the dog, and the wall, you're almost guaranteed to be fucked.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mason

This encounter made me really angry. More angry than any boss in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls combined. Everything I heard about this boss made him sound fairly easy. In principle I knew exactly how to defeat him, yet it did not go so well for me.

Normally Dark Souls is harsh but fair, but this is one case where all of the deaths felt really cheap and not my fault. Most bosses I beat in 2 to 4 lives. I think it took like 20 tries to kill him.

In hindsight, I never found him particularly threatening nor that hard. It's just that the camera kept flipping out on me anytime I got near a wall or obstacle in these tight quarters. This made the early ambush hard to avoid unscathed.

Even if I managed to roll past without getting hit with his nearly undodgeable sweeping attacks, killing the dogs on the stairs wasn't working. My sword would keep wiffing over their heads, missing completely giving enough time for the demon to reach me on the stairs, with the dogs still a factor. By then it was usually too late for crowd control. So I'd run off, the camera would zoom in way too close and all I could do is run away blindly before getting swarmed.

When I finally did win, it didn't feel like victory. It felt like I got lucky.

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sanious

I still haven't beaten him, and I agree with mason that it feels kind of cheap vs the other Bosses where I do feel like when I die it was because it was my impatience. So far I liked all the Boss fights outside of this one.

rubberluffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rubberluffy

I had someone help me my first try and I got him.  Since then I've spent a few hours just putting down my summon sign and helping others do him.  I've done him like 15 times in a row now, I think.  He's still a bastard, the most recent try he was really aggressive for some reason and took the other phantom out, then me, and I assume the host too.   On the plus side I have like 26 Humanity now.

I'm a Pyromancer and I've found Fireball to be real effective.  One well placed shot can take a dog out and damage him.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By xyzygy

All you need to do is

1. Make sure you can get past him,

2. Get on the stairs and kill the dogs there,

3.Go to the VERY edge of the ledge that is off the side of the stairs, at the top. The Capra will try to come onto the ledge and when he starts coming for you, side jump off it, heal or whatever, and wait for him to fall down. Once he does, run back up the stairs, fall on him and attack while falling.

I killed him in 4 hits with a dex-based level 23 character with the Balder Side Sword +5.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By Tennmuerti

I'm starting to really hate this fucker. Tried 10+ times already.
    I try to run past him or dodge past him and just get sandwitched by him and the dogs. Then raped.
    The couple of time I made it to the stairs he just dashes up them with the dogs and rapes me again.
    Wasted 7k souls and 5+ humanities already.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#32  Edited By Humanity

Capra Demons is killing me inside a little.. I'm level 24 and out of the 10 or so tries to kill him I managed to get up the stairs like 3 times. Those dogs just corner me a lot. It feels kinda cheap that they something just stand there and you can't roll or anything past them. Like a flock of sheep.

Worst of all I hate having to keep going there and going through the motions of killing the assassins and the dogs. Taking a breather from this for a bit before I try again.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ichthy

I killed him on my first try, although it was probably just dumb luck that I managed to kill the dogs fairly quickly before getting surrounded.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By villainy

I've lost 5 humanity and probably +10k souls to this guy so far. Sometimes I can get around to the right past his first strike, sometimes as I'm trying to go around  he jumps straight at me and traps me against a wall. When I do make it to the stairs the dogs never follow but the Capra Demon sure as hell does! So my only option is to roll down, meet the waiting dogs, and die yet again... I'm fine the high difficulty and the precision required to stay alive but this is out of hand.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#35  Edited By Humanity

@villainy said:

I've lost 5 humanity and probably +10k souls to this guy so far. Sometimes I can get around to the right past his first strike, sometimes as I'm trying to go around he jumps straight at me and traps me against a wall. When I do make it to the stairs the dogs never follow but the Capra Demon sure as hell does! So my only option is to roll down, meet the waiting dogs, and die yet again... I'm fine the high difficulty and the precision required to stay alive but this is out of hand.

It took me a LOT of tries and every time you check a video online of people killing him they have the Drake Sword which I can't get cause the dragon glitched out and died on me.

After literally 15 tries or so I finally got him - I wish I could make you feel better but it felt like luck more than anything else.

I was using a halbard and when I ran up the stairs the dogs would corner me and the camera was in such a weird spot I didn't notice that my weapon kept glancing off the wall and not killing the dogs. When I finally managed to kill them killing Capra wasn't too hard but I still whittled him down 70% with pyro magic. My halbard with 125dmg was doing about 38 dmg on him.

My tips for getting up the stairs initially is this: when you walk through the fog don't sprint - put your shield up and normally walk to the right. He doesn't do his big jump at the beginning - he will just hit you and your shield should deflect it. Then roll to the stairs and once again suppress the urge to sprint because it drains your stamine - run up and hopefully one of the dogs will have followed. If you can roll down, run back up and get the other dog - take a calming breath and very carefully try wearing him down.

His attacks are:

One-Two slash - you can attack after those two hits once and back off; you can also shield against those easy

Two handed slam - you can still shield against this but it will drain all your stamina, so better just roll back; it's easy to see it coming as he folds his hands together

The jump attack - this one for me seems a little unpredictable and it's his most deadly attack

I think this guy isn't meant to be taken on at level 20 or so. I was 24 with basically starting gear, nothing upgraded and 19 in str 13 dex.

My pyro spell took off 83hp and 8 of those got him down to about 25% health.

If you're pure melee and have starting gear as well buy some fire bombs.

I think it's kind of a cheap boss - unlike the tower knight or something from Demons Souls that can be taken out early on if you roll and dodge correctly - here you are constantly blocked by dogs which are kinda tough. At one point he fell off the ledge and was right below me and he did his overhead slam attack which clipped through the wall and hit me above.

Not as frustrating as Flamelurker but it was getting there.

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By nohthink

@PureBacon: I managed to kill it when I was level 22 or 23.

I know it's hard but killed the dogs first. That is a MUST!

Use the stairs. Keep going up and when your enemies go up the stairs up to the midpoint, jump down. Dogs will usually come faster than the demon. Kill it. And repeat.

When you jump down the stairs, you should have enough time to drink from your flask.

It's not as hard as you think. Good luck!

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hooded

This guy caused me alot of trouble but I managed to get past him and kill a dog with one hit from the Drake sword, then ran up the stairs fell down. After a while killed the other dog. I got very angry with this dude but once its one on one its alot easier.

fishmicmuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By fishmicmuffin

I killed him at 17. The second I went into the smoke I attempted to sprint/roll to the left in order to walk up the stairs. Once he chased me up the stairs I would drop down, wait for him to drop down, hit him a few times and repeat the process. Also, the dogs should chase you up the stairs much faster than he does, so kill them when they initially chase you. Otherwise they'll be annoying the entire fight.

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By StingerMK2

i really want to try this fight as a soul, keep putting my signal down but no one seems to be around that area today to summon me, pity really, i dont want to lose yet another batch of humanity jumping in blind to a boss fight i cant win,

i even decided to leave my game running with the sign down whilst i caught up on Breaking Bad earlier, was probably there an hour straight and i didnt get one summon, anyone else having difficulties being summoned into games?

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

I have been trying this guy for 3 hours. Half of the time I get fucking stuck between him, the dogs, and that claustrophobic piece of fuck room and die within 5 seconds. And when I do manage to get up the stairs It takes me 2-3 hits to kill each dog, because I killed the merchant who gives a bow and can't get the drake sword. And the few times I have killed the dogs he still fucking rapes me, and not to mention right when I walk in I have not once been able to dodge his initial attack, and if I block it it still takes me to half health. FML

Update: I went out of my way to get this bow in the darkroot basin, shot the dragons tail, and killed the demon on my first try with the drake sword.

TranceQuina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TranceQuina

Trying it as a lvl 25 sorcerer with points ONLY in intelligence and attunement. Basically if I get hit I'm screwed. And those damn dogs are already a huge problem for me, now I have to kill them with my long spell animation in a hallway that also has THIS THING in it!?

Honestly, I could handle the guy if the dogs weren't there, but I can't move far enough away from them to use a Soul Arrow because as soon as they hit me I get hit by the demon. Honestly I'm probably gonna have to summon someone and hope they make for a good distraction. :/

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By emkeighcameron

@mason said:

This encounter made me really angry. More angry than any boss in Demon's Souls or Dark Souls combined. Everything I heard about this boss made him sound fairly easy. In principle I knew exactly how to defeat him, yet it did not go so well for me.

Normally Dark Souls is harsh but fair, but this is one case where all of the deaths felt really cheap and not my fault. Most bosses I beat in 2 to 4 lives. I think it took like 20 tries to kill him.

In hindsight, I never found him particularly threatening nor that hard. It's just that the camera kept flipping out on me anytime I got near a wall or obstacle in these tight quarters. This made the early ambush hard to avoid unscathed.

Even if I managed to roll past without getting hit with his nearly undodgeable sweeping attacks, killing the dogs on the stairs wasn't working. My sword would keep wiffing over their heads, missing completely giving enough time for the demon to reach me on the stairs, with the dogs still a factor. By then it was usually too late for crowd control. So I'd run off, the camera would zoom in way too close and all I could do is run away blindly before getting swarmed.

When I finally did win, it didn't feel like victory. It felt like I got lucky.

Truth, this is pretty much what keeps happening to me. Feels like a very lazy and poorly designed fight. It's got very little to do with skill, and a lot to do with luck. The camera alone makes me want to put my fist through the TV.

I've played through all of Demon's Souls twice and thought every fight was fair and well done, kind of disappointing to see this one suck so much.

Guess I'll keep waiting for some blue phantoms to help my ass out......

n3cromung3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By n3cromung3r

Once you get the dogs out of the way, Capra becomes a cakewalk. If you need to, you can always go all the way up the steps and then push yourself left onto that ledge and throw stuff down at him.

Later on in the Demon Ruins, Capra becomes a regular enemy. All you need is a bit of patience. Any time he jumps at you or swipes with both swords at once, just move out the way and attack him twice. When he does a single attack, just block and attack once.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Turambar
    @StingerMK2 said:

i really want to try this fight as a soul, keep putting my signal down but no one seems to be around that area today to summon me, pity really, i dont want to lose yet another batch of humanity jumping in blind to a boss fight i cant win,

i even decided to leave my game running with the sign down whilst i caught up on Breaking Bad earlier, was probably there an hour straight and i didnt get one summon, anyone else having difficulties being summoned into games?

While having peer to peer connection for the co-op is screwing  up the matching making system a bit, remember that the levels of host and phantoms have to be within 10% of each other, so it makes it a bit more difficult earlier on.  I was getting summoned every 5 or 6 minutes at Anor Londo, though there was also a gap of like half an hour and I just reset the soul sign.
    wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45  Edited By wealllikepie

http://mycheats.1up.com/view/section/3175306/31862/dark_souls/ps3

its here just scroll through the levels until you find the carpa demon level

DriftSPace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DriftSPace

@Gabriel:

The previous poster meant Solaire is available for the gargoyles, and not for the Capra Demon. There should be a summon sign before the fog where you fight the gargoyles, and that summons Solaire, but only if you had talked to him previously by the drake on the bridge. To my knowledge I do not think Solaire is available for the Capra Demon fight.

pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47  Edited By pjacobson21

I hated the Capra Demon, its the only boss far (I'm still early in the game) that has given me any trouble at all.  First ran into him as a level 22 sorcerer wielding the drake sword and with some point in vitality and endurance.  No matter how hard I tried I got completely obliterated within the first 5 seconds of the fight.  Summoning phantoms was useless as I was dead by the time they could even enter the fog!  Basically decided to tell the Capra Demon to fuck off for a bit and went out exploring.  Needless to say 10 hours or so later I came back at level 30 with increased stamina and vitality, as well as a shield with upgraded stability.  Put on all of my heaviest armour and had no problems at all taking him down.

villainy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By villainy

Finally took this jackass down last night with my pyromancer at level 25 or so. I caught a break and the dogs actually followed me up the stairs for a change. I took them down and hung halfway across the archway. The Capra Demon would leap at me from pretty low on the steps so I would move further into the corner, peg him with fireballs when he landed, move back to the middle of the arch, and repeat. I brought along plenty of firebombs since I just wanted him dead and didn't want to deal with any melee. 

I had been playing without any guides up to this point and ended up meeting this boss around level 15-16. Turns out I had completely skipped the Bell Gargoyles and went straight to the Moonlight Butterfly which was an incredibly easy fight. After the Capra Demon I went back and demolished the gargoyles, grabbed the axe, rang the bell, and now I'm moving on. I'm back to no guides until I hit another hard wall. 

The game felt difficult but fair up until the Capra Demon but that fight is a game of chance where you hope the AI lines up just right so you can take down the dogs and get on with the actual boss.

VikingChux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By VikingChux

Did anyone else try this with a two-handed sword? I went in with a Zweihander and it took maybe four tries to kill him. Took him out before killing both dogs, even. Went in for big overhead attacks, staggering him, getting a second overhead strike in, the pulling to the side to charge stamina back up and strafe his attacks. Honestly this wasn't that hard a boss fight for me so far. Funny enough, the Gargoyles have been the hardest (I'm just heading into Blight now).

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#50  Edited By cornbredx

I beat him today, lvl 26 I think. He killed me first couple times as I was figuring it out, third time I beat him. He's not that bad, just have to keep circling up the stairs then if a dog follows you kill it, as capra comes up the stairs jump down and keep doing that until you kill the dogs. Then do your business with the capra demon.

He hits kinda hard, par for the course, and he is kinda fast. Wasn't that big a deal for me though.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.