Cat Covenant

#1 Posted by nitronomicon (52 posts) -

Hello,

I'm not sure how much anger, rage, or laughter this topic will incite, but I wanted to take a moment and float the idea of not fighting fair in the garden. Too many times have I been summoned by Alvina to go 2v1. Then it happens, another dark spirit is summoned. "Yes, my brother in arms arrives to help me defeat this vile invader," I think to myself. Together we'll vanquish these chuckleheads from the forest. Nope. My hunting brother will just stand there as my opponent chains backstabs on me. Not cool. Our job as defenders of the forest is to stomp out all invaders. I think of it the same as when someone invades you during pve. There are no rules; kill them by any means and go on with your quest. So this is really a plea to the community to take your job seriously. Forest defenders work together. Always

Get at me and let me know what you all think. Thanks.

#2 Posted by Turambar (6726 posts) -
@nitronomicon said:

Hello,

I'm not sure how much anger, rage, or laughter this topic will incite, but I wanted to take a moment and float the idea of not fighting fair in the garden. Too many times have I been summoned by Alvina to go 2v1. Then it happens, another dark spirit is summoned. "Yes, my brother in arms arrives to help me defeat this vile invader," I think to myself. Together we'll vanquish these chuckleheads from the forest. Nope. My hunting brother will just stand there as my opponent chains backstabs on me. Not cool. Our job as defenders of the forest is to stomp out all invaders. I think of it the same as when someone invades you during pve. There are no rules; kill them by any means and go on with your quest. So this is really a plea to the community to take your job seriously. Forest defenders work together. Always

The unfortunate issue with the forest covenant is level differences are not considered when matching up players.  The invader has a supposed numerical advantage while the defender has a level advantage.  Sounds good in theory, but the latter almost always trumps the former from my experience, particularly when said invader is rocking a few white phantoms of his own. 
#3 Posted by mosespippy (4106 posts) -

I haven't tried the Forest covenant yet but I have tried the Darkmoon Blades and they seem to work together despite the fact that they are getting farmed by the sinners of Anor Londo. It seems to me that area attacks are important in these situations where you are outnumbered. Chaos Firestorm, Wrath of the Gods and the 2 handed heavy attack with the Dragon King Greataxe seem to work well if you get enough time to do them.

#4 Posted by Zacagawea (1588 posts) -

@Turambar said:

@nitronomicon said:

Hello,

The unfortunate issue with the forest covenant is level differences are not considered when matching up players. The invader has a supposed numerical advantage while the defender has a level advantage. Sounds good in theory, but the latter almost always trumps the former from my experience, particularly when said invader is rocking a few white phantoms of his own.

Explains why I was getting the shit kicked out of me 24/7

#5 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

No. Win your battles alone and stop asking for help. The forest has that mechanic but I think going 2v1 is for people who are too afraid to face me alone. You can prevent chain backstabing pretty easily.

#6 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

Almost all of the online functionality of Dark Souls is kind of fucked, so this seems a bit nit-picky to me.

#7 Posted by EverydayOdyssey (171 posts) -

Chain back stabbing hap

#8 Posted by Sterling (2147 posts) -

Cat Covenant made gave me a chuckle.

#9 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

Darkwraith 4 LYFE!

#10 Posted by SuperMeatToy (35 posts) -

@nitronomicon: The problem I had for a long time was being spawned in to fight alone against 3 guys who all had better equipment and stats than me.

To make the best of a bad situation, I would suggest that you get their attention and run to the cliff by the waterfall, which nets you an army of ents to even the odds a bit.

#11 Posted by Carlos1408 (1495 posts) -

PRAISE THE SUN!

#12 Posted by HiCZoK (240 posts) -

The only usefull thing I got from cat covenatn was grain ring from that ninja dude

#13 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

I angered the big cat by skipping dialogue and accidentally turning down its offer - now i cant play with it anymore :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.