Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Changes to Power Within in PTDE

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sign

I have seen rumour in a couple places that Power Within/Pyromancer Flame has been altered in PTDE but have been unable to confirm it. In the console versions when you are using Power Within it is best to use an un-upgraded Pyromancer Flame because if you upgrade it the damage PW does to you increases but the damage output does not. The rumour is that you can now upgrade the Glove without it increasing the damage you take (it stays at 1% damage per second for 100 seconds).

Has anyone been able to confirm this? I would like to upgrade my glove but I don't want to fuck over my current CMW build.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Yes, the damage it does to you no longer scales with Pyromancy flame.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By mason

Good to know.

I'll test it myself when I get home, but if true, I'm glad I no longer need to carry 2 flames.

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sign

@LordXavierBritish: Good to hear. I just spent a few hours farming Titanite Slabs in New Londo last night and I am sitting on about 500k souls, now I have something to actually spend them on. Time to upgrade the glove.

Sign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sign

Just in case anyone was still doubting. I upgraded my Flame to +12, then got a second flame from Eingyi. With 659 HP and Lingering Dragoncrest Ring I was losing 6hp/tic using both the +12 and the un-upgraded flame.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.