Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Chaos Blade or Fury Sword?

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By nohthink

I'm a in dilemma right now.

I already have a +10 Katana and all I need is 5,000 souls to make it into the Chaos Blade. Already met the Blacksmith, blah blah blah. 5,000 souls is all I need, which I'm sure I can farm it pretty easily.

But the stat did not look that impressive and a sword that scales off your humanity does not really seem that good.

In order to get the Fury Sword, I need to buy a rapier, make it into +10 and come back to Anor Londo, which is not that hard. Just tiresome. I have pretty solid stats on Dex and Str so those are not my problems.

Which one do you guys think is better? I was a little disappointed by the stat and attributes of Chaos Blade but I don't know since I have never used it. I have seen Fury Sword and it looks pretty cool. Which one do you guys recommend?

gerrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gerrid

Chaos blade is hilt-less so does sucks your own HP every time you attack. So I'd say go with the Fury Sword, people seem to love it.

DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DaemonBlack

I believe you need curved swords for fury. I think most people use the falchion

nohthink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By nohthink

@DaemonBlack: I know for sure Rapier works(watched a video of it lol).

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By Humanity

Man in Demons Souls my character was DEX built and I could hardly find any really good weapons for it.

This time around I'm maxing STR and all these really cool swords work on DEX.

I could get some of those unique greatswords but having 1 big heavy swing always kinda sucked and was impractical in Souls.

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By ProfessorK

You'd be better off with the Fury Sword. I have the Chaos blade and Its just not what I thought it would be. Unless you are going for some sort of build where u need low hp to activate a ring then pass on It and go to +15

WizardShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By WizardShazam

Chaos Blade's strength apparently scales to you humanity up to 10, according to what I have read, at which point it is one of the best weapons in the game but it is obviously risky carrying that much humanity around. I, personally, went with the Furyblade and have been very happy with my choice.

Fribain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Fribain

@WizardShazam said:

Chaos Blade's strength apparently scales to you humanity up to 10, according to what I have read, at which point it is one of the best weapons in the game but it is obviously risky carrying that much humanity around. I, personally, went with the Furyblade and have been very happy with my choice.

Furyblade also scales with humanity. Both Chaos Blade and Furyblade cause chaos fire damage. Chaos damage scales with humanity making it better than fire enchanted weapons in every way.

Furyblade has to be the best weapon in the game. Even at a measly 2-3 humanity my regular hits go for between 200 and 300 even on bosses and it swings really fast.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Go with Furysword. I regretted it at first, but I got my dex up to 40 and it does 393 damage at +4 compared to 539 of my lightning serpentman greatsword +3 that swings significantly slower. It's so fun to use as well, the fire effect looks great. It's much safer to use quick weapons than it is to use slow, but more damaging weapons.

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By envane

chaos blade is something for completionists and people who prefer the aesthetic look of katanas over their usefulness, but it has no damage advantage over the furysword , and its just a fraction faster with attack , humanity scaling is actually a redeeming factor for it , as you could be extremely low soul level and get a benefit from that . but the furysword is the same , except its fire damage that is increased ... if for some reason you want to AVOID doing fire damage , but still get the benefit of humanity scaling , then thats the reason for the chaos blade i guess .. plus the aformentioned lowering of health at will (perfectly viable stratgey but theres only 1 item that increases your damage while below 30% health )

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By McShank

furysword for first playthrough as it has helped me a TON as i was needing a lighter weapon that did decent dmg.

Char12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Char12

Furysword is so much better, I made a chaos Blade with my first character, it sucked, I started a second DEX build just for the furysword, and it works out so much better :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.