Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Character Appearance

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By uniform

Anyone else spend a little too much time sitting there trying to customize your character appearance? With Demon's Souls, I sunk close to 2 hours creating my character, finally just accepting what I created so I could play the damn game. I don't know why I become so obsessed with the creation process. I remember making a character I was happy with in Demon's Souls. Last night, starting Dark Souls, I spent a lot of time with the character creation process. While definitely feeling the same as Demon's Souls, I can't get my character in Dark Souls to not look like a nuclear fallout victim. I find changing one thing totally messes up another. It's like a trap for sick people that obsess over stuff like this.

I remember there was guides online for creating certain looks in Demon's Souls. It's actually quite surprising how good a lot of people made their characters look in comparison to the hideous presets.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

It was almost impossible to make a good looking character in Demon's Souls, so not much time was spent on my part. You never really get to see them up close anyhow, and my guy wore a armored helmet all the time.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

What difference does it even make? You almost never actually see what your character looks like!

doobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By doobie

the faces in demons souls were terrible. good job i wore a helmet for the entire game

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By jacksukeru

I always spend WAY to much time at character creation in games, even with something as simple as picking a name. I solved that problem recently though by just making a list of cool sounding names I like. One of them,"Remn", I've started using for males in a lot of fantasy based games, starting with my character in Dragon Age, and I intend to use it for my Dark Souls character if I make a male.

As for appearence I intend to look through the pre-sets and maybe shift some things around. Waste of time really, but I can't help myself.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwilitEnd656

I tend to spend a lot of time with character creators, yeah...

Vashyron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Vashyron

Well, he is going to like like a Ghoul when you start the actual game anyway and probably for a good portion of the game, soo...

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gargantuan

I just randomize the face, pick a cool hairstyle and then start playing. I usually never see the face since I almost always wear a helmet.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uniform

@doobie said:

the faces in demons souls were terrible.

Yeah, the presets were, but there's some people that really put some work into their characters. Some result in pretty good looking character models.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nottle

I love the character creation in Demon's Souls, it is insane how weird and how many options you have in it. It doesn't make much sense why I would spend anytime making a character since they are usually covered up. I'm gonna make something BA when I finally play Dark Souls.

I accidently made Emma Watson in Demon's Souls
    I accidently made Emma Watson in Demon's Souls
    Avatar image for runeseekermireille
    RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had found a guide that allowed you to make very nice looking female characters in Demon's Souls, but I can't remember where it is. Using that, it was easy making nice female characters in that game. One of the big tips I remember was to use random until you find a decent looking base, then modify it from there. And turn up eye-liner for females. If I can find the link, I'll edit and post it. Maybe it'll be useful to you.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Chop

eh...I knew my character would be using a helmet for most of the game, so I just chose the preset face I liked the most. Didn't really even bother tweeking it, seeing as how i'll never see the damn thing anyways.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By uniform

@RuneseekerMireille said:

I had found a guide that allowed you to make very nice looking female characters in Demon's Souls, but I can't remember where it is.

That's likely one of the guides I referred to in the OP. I remember it being very helpful when I created my Royal. I can't seem to find anything now. It was quite a while back, so they're either no longer out there, or I'm just using poor search terms.

RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By onarum
    @Gargantuan said:

I just randomize the face, pick a cool hairstyle and then start playing. I usually never see the face since I almost always wear a helmet.

uniform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By uniform

@RuneseekerMireille:

The character result looks very doll-like. The guide I used resulted in a more mature looking female character. However, I will use this guide, then tweek the character from there. Thank you for the link.

RuneseekerMireille

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uniform: That's true; I did tweak his methods a little bit for my own taste, and they don't come out looking quite as doll-like, but his basic tips are, at least in my opinion, pretty solid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.