Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Come on... (tomb of the giants)

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By bcjohnnie

So, I was prepared... I was putting this off for a while because I saw some people stream this section and it looked horrible. Once I got the tricks to the catacombs, that part was fine, but this is just... I mean COME ON. I'm barely into the level yet and I can't imagine how to do this.

Maybe I'm missing something regarding the brightness... I mean, I get that it's supposed to be hella dark, and you can get a lantern, but it should be bright enough for me to see 1 cm in front of my feet... like, enough to see that there's a pillar I need to stand on? Maybe?

I am playing on a relatively new TV, and when I mess with the brightness settings it says adjust so that the flame is visible and dragon invisible... which is fine, since I can't make a fucking dragon appear at any "brightness" level, so I set it to 10, no dice. Clearly they nerfed the fucking brightness just because of this dumbass section, but honestly I get to a part with two skeletons, kill them, and then just have to guess where the next place to step is, and I am always wrong, so I have to fight these damn giants all over again, which would be fine if there were anywhere near enough room to roll anyplace. Ugh... am I missing something? Does anyone know of very detailed directions for this part? I'm not trudging through this stupid area anymore until I have some indication how I could possibly navigate this shit.

Odeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Odeeze

right after the two giant skeletons you slide down another box which brings you to where the bonfire is and a man who will kick you over the edge and down there is a lantern you can pick up making that place a lot less of a bitch to move around in

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dallas_Raines

If you're on PS3, make sure the RGB level is set to limited.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bcjohnnie

@Odeeze: I guess I wasn't clear... I know exactly what is supposed to happen next, but I literally cannot see a place to slide down, so I just end up dying over and over trying to find where to walk. Also, I'm on xbox... never had brightness problems like this with any other game.

Odeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Odeeze

oh when you slid down to where the two giants are head to the right from that one and you should find some debris blocking your path attack that and you should find the next slide shortly after

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Seppli

Dude - just do the fire stuff first. There's some tiny mobs down there which drop a hat with a little sun ontop. Erm - little shrimp thingys by some door that won't open after beating a faceless demon on a huge bridge over a lake of lava. Was a breeze with that thing.

The first time I was in there I ported the hell out of there after getting kicked down by that arse, especially since my latern did jack shit for me.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bcjohnnie

@Seppli: Hmmm... interesting, maybe I'll farm those bugs for the hat... I remember seeing them there.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Tennmuerti
    @Seppli: @bcjohnnie
    Can you guys clarify where those bugs are?
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By shirogane

@Tennmuerti said:

@Seppli: @bcjohnnie: Can you guys clarify where those bugs are?

Lost Izalith, either take the shortcut there, or go through the normal way, and find the titanite demon, it's behind him/it. Not sure if it's a certain drop though. There's a few of those bugs right before the Firesage Demon too.

Avatar image for farbelowaverage
    Farbelowaverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Farbelowaverage

The area is made to be too dark to see with your normal glow, no matter what... but here's what I did (possible spoilers?):

After you fight the Hydra in Darkroot Basin, it spawns an Orange crystal demon thing in the alcove on the lake. If you defeat it, there will will be a weird elf looking girl who will say "Thank you for freeing me, blah-blah-blah, I'm magic," and disappear. Go back to Firelink Shrine, or another major area, and then walk back to Darkroot Basin, and kill the blue crystal guys. Near the edge of the lake, (there is/was set of armor nearby) there will be a summon symbol (you can use it alive or hollow), and the weird elf chick will come back and sell you illusion spells.

Some of her spells are kind of trivial, but she does have Cast Light. Take that as one of your attuned spells, and you'll be able to see considerably better in Tomb of the Giants.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.