Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Covenant of Artorias Ring question

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By xyzygy

If I enter the fog to the Four Kings once, then die, then go back, do I have to equip the ring again? Or does it only count the very first time? I am having a lot of trouble on Four Kings on NG+ and that extra ring slot would come in handy if I found out that I don't have to wear it all the time. Yes, I'm using Iron Flesh and still having a hard time... I think it's just that they have so much health.

McFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By McFly

@xyzygy: Yup, you have to wear that ring everytime you enter the Abyss. Even when you're just visiting the bonfire down there.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By McShank

@McFly said:

@xyzygy: Yup, you have to wear that ring everytime you enter the Abyss. Even when you're just visiting the bonfire down there.

Once you beat the 4kings you do not need the ring anymore. But until they are dead, you need it on.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By TheHT

In my experience whenever you warp to the bonfire you don't need the ring. I've warped there plenty of times without and double checked thinking the moment I closed my inventory I'd fall to my death. Nothing. Just the bonfire, Kaathe, and 'solid' ground.

mithical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By mithical

I just beat them today at SL ~99: 30 Vit, 40 Dex/End. I found Iron Flesh to be a no-go thanks to the grab and purple explosion. I did just blitzkrieg them as if I had it on, though. 2H'd Quelaag's Fury Sword, drinking from my flask like crazy when I could. I had enough poise to not be staggered by most attacks. First guy died maybe 2-3 seconds after I saw the second, second guy died 3-4 seconds after I saw the third, but then when the third died I actually had to wait a couple seconds for the fourth to appear. Fifth (I thought there was only 4..) was almost in my face when I finished them off. Anyway, it wasn't pretty. Just a lot of circle strafing behind to try to heal or while waiting for stamina, hacking away whenever the health and stamina weren't low. General advice.. always roll from the forward thrust/grab. Otherwise go on the offensive (you have to take them down as they come or they'll overwhelm you). The purple explosion sucks and I've been hit from it behind and far away and all over. I think the safest place from it is behind the caster.

Branwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Branwulf

I'd also recommend a big weapon with a large sweep on it like the Sycthe, they have strange hitboxes and slide around a lot.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

You can summon an NPC near the four kings. 

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By phantomzxro

i just put some heavy armor on and two hand your best weapon. When they show up just attack them nonstop, this way you should only fight one on one with each of the four kings. You should not get hurt to much that a flask won't fix. The only worry is their grab move which if you are high level will not hurt too much but will steal humanity from you.

matoya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By matoya

I did this earlier on NG++. I found that using all Havels gear and Iron Flesh took care of my defenses very well.

Then for the actual boss bit I had a few tries, but what worked for me, was getting the Dragon Greatsword (From the Infinite Dragon), whacking it up to +5, and wielding that with Crystal Ring Shield in the other hand. 4/5 Throws a king and it's down. Cheap, but a wins a win

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TeamJersey

Iron Flesh spell. Crystal Ring Shield.

That is all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.