Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Crafting Demon Weapons *Spoilers?*

Thursdae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thursdae

What are the requirements to craft Demon weapons? Or weapons that require a specific Demon's soul to make?

Like I'm trying to craft the curved sword with Soul of Quelaag, and I've tried using both a +10 Scimitar and a +10 Laito/Iaito, and neither seem to work. Do I need a specific Ember? A specific Blacksmith? I've tried bot the blacksmith outside Sen's Fortress and the one in the ruins under Firelink (with the ghosts).

I'm not sure what the sword is called, it's gone by a few names, like Quelaag's Fury Sword, Chaos Sword, etc, but every source I've seen says it requires a +10 Curved Sword and Soul of Quelaag. Whether it means Katana or just a generic Curved Sword, I've got a +10 of both. So what am I missing?

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By EmptyApartment

Hey thursdae, what blacksmith are you going to? I believe only the behemoth blacksmith in anor londo can use the boss souls and +10 weapons to create the desired weapon.

Shadowcoust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Shadowcoust

For unique boss soul weapons, the giant blacksmith at Anor Londo does them.

You can craft Quelaag's Furysword from a +10 scimitar/falchion. I did it with a falchion.

generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By generic_ninja
    @Shadowcoust

Where is he located? Is he in the castle?
    Shadowcoust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Shadowcoust

Um....you can't really miss him if you full access to Anor Londo. He's the opposite side of where the third bonfire, the one I presume you are using as a checkpoint to the Anor Londo boss. So instead of going down to where the boss is, go up and go round.

generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By generic_ninja
    @Shadowcoust

Only Bonfires I have found is the one inside the castle in a room on the left when you drop down and the one at the very beginning.
    Shadowcoust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shadowcoust

yes, thats the one I'm referring to. Its actually the third bonfire but anyway, like I said instead of heading down to the main hall of the church where the two giant knights are, head up and around.

generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By generic_ninja
    @Shadowcoust

Well Now seeing that the crystal shield is actually just useless against these guys Im going to give em another go with getting smough down first, thx for the help :D
    Shadowcoust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Shadowcoust

Oh yes, the Crystal Shield is actually very bad, as I had the luxury of discovering too :/

generic_ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By generic_ninja
    @Shadowcoust

Got Smough down first then got the other guy down a quarter of his health before he got me, my abillity to roll sucks.
    Shadowcoust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Shadowcoust

Don't roll, enraged Ornstein's attacks are all blockable in the case of which he opens up the distance between you and him.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.