Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Crystal Shield/Weapons Question

eastcoasteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By eastcoasteric

So upon venturing into the "depths", I was going through the sewers looking part and ran into a get sitting down.

He was selling some very interesting items at the time and I'm still next to him and thinking about blowing a lot of souls (in this point of the game) on something.

He has 2 crystal weapons and a crystal shield.

I was thinking about the sword that does 180 damage.

As I'm only a lvl 25 and this seems pretty decent for a pyromancer (I have the strength/dex requirements)

I wasn't sure if the large of the crystal swords is two handed?

Or since it cannot be repaired and only has a durability of 60, if it was worth it to drop 6000 souls on.

I also saw a chest piece of armor that was 10000-12000 souls and it was 46 armor and I'm currently at 35 armor (chest)

I wasn't sure if that was worth it or if I was going to run into something sooner or later.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

don't get any of the crystal stuff, use those souls to reinforce another weapon into a +5 weapon. I actually just got the chest piece, I found it pretty good so far

eastcoasteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By eastcoasteric

So the chest piece is a good idea even though it's a bit pricey?

I still have a bunch of shards I could upgrade this chest piece with if I bought it, making it even better.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By kingzetta

crystal things can't be repaired?

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Animasta

@eastcoasteric said:

I still have a bunch of shards I could upgrade this chest piece with if I bought it, making it even better.

totally, though I would hold off on buying anything else of that guy's armor; you can find better stuff out there, the chest part is still the best chest part I've found so far, 20 hours in

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By white

@eastcoasteric said:

Don't really buy that. It's too heavy and the armor values are poor. You're better off using the Knight's Armor or the Eastern Armor if you want something heavy - both can be found in the Darkroot Garden. You could also just use Hard Leather - quite frankly the best in terms of armor/weight ratio.

Nadril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Nadril

Crystal gear just seems like an absolute waste. You can find better items fairly early on and you can't repair the crystal stuff (plus it has super low durability). 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.