Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Dark Souls beaten in just under an hour and a half. O_O

• 149 results
    kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kishinfoulux
    Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Jack268
    Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Cirdain

@Jack268 said:

Japan That would be all
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By pweidman

Ahhhh...the obligatory speed runs. meh

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By swoxx

Speed runs is the greatest invention since sliced content.

Also, this is what I call an endurance run.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By jacdg

I'm 40 hours in, I just got to Anor Londo, fuck this dude.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nux  Online

I call Bull shit.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

@kishinfoulux said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ymysN3qQ8

A couple of videos. This is absolutely amazing from what I've watched thus far.

Someone also ran Demon souls. All they did was roll around dodging everyone.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By white

He beat the Gargoyle in 30s. Didn't even bother to light any bonfires along the way....

I... feel inferior.

MisterDunlap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MisterDunlap

*assumes fetal position in corner*

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kishinfoulux

Both bells rang within 15 minutes or something. Took me 20 hours to do that shit. >_>

@Nux said:

I call Bull shit.

Uh ok? It's quite legit.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MideonNViscera

@Jack268 said:

Japan That would be all

Their whole country could probably take turns beating this game before 5 of us could do it.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By white

He fought Quelaag and beat her at like level 2. With no shield. In rags.

And while he's poisoned...

punpun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By punpun

Saw this yesterday on NND. My mouth hit the floor when he cut the dragon's tail off. I had no idea you could do that with a melee weapon. I always just ran the fuck away whenever it landed on the bridge.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By AlexW00d

Crazy motherfucker has gotten as far as me in 20 minutes, it has taken me 20 hours.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kishinfoulux

@CaLe said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this game is not hard. Still, this is impressive.

I semi hate statements like this. This game is definitely harder then the average game. To act like it's not is pure ignorance.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Nux  Online

@kishinfoulux said:

Both bells rang within 15 minutes or something. Took me 20 hours to do that shit. >_>

@Nux said:

I call Bull shit.

Uh ok? It's quite legit.

I know its legit. It's Bull shit that he can do it. He made it to Anor Londo in 30min, thats crazy.

white

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By white

Ornstein and Smough were ragdolls... Holy shit

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By CptBedlam

@CaLe said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, this game is not hard. Still, this is impressive.

I'd argue it actually IS hard. If not, what are actual hard games for you then in comparison?

Memorizing unforgiving patterns, accumulating necessary skills by playing a lot and the continuous demand to concentrate at all times are factors that make games hard. And Dark Souls combines all of these.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By CptChiken

Thats fucking insane... and also pretty depressing that he got as far in 10 minutes as it took me in like 15 hours.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jack268
    @The_Laughing_Man said:

@kishinfoulux said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9ymysN3qQ8

A couple of videos. This is absolutely amazing from what I've watched thus far.

Someone also ran Demon souls. All they did was roll around dodging everyone.

I believe this is the world record for that, but there may be some crazy japanese person out there who has halved this time or something. Although, 1 hour flat sounds hard to beat.
    bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#22  Edited By bkbroiler

I love speed runs.

It is funny to see him get to the gargoyles in 10 minutes in what took me about 10 hours. But for people getting depressed over that, remember that if you replayed the game to that point you'd probably cut your time down to an hour or two. Chin up!

Soap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 29

#23  Edited By Soap

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By kishinfoulux

He completely bitched that Iron Golem. Jesus.

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By IBurningStar
    @CaLe said:
    @CptBedlam said:

@CaLe said:

I'd argue it actually IS hard. If not, what are actual hard games for you then in comparison?

Memorizing unforgiving patterns, accumulating necessary skills by playing a lot and the continuous demand to concentrate at all times are factors that make games hard. And Dark Souls combines all of these.

I don't consider doing any of that stuff hard. All I know is I bought the game and 2-3 days later I completed it. Nothing about it was 'hard'. Games I would consider hard? Professor Layton.
    I swear to God I have seen this exact post before. Someone, maybe it was you, said Demon's Souls was easy and that Professor Layton was hard. It pretty much started a flame war if I recall correctly.
    bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By bybeach

Somebody spammed the game. Yeah, the individual is an extremly good video gamer, more than I could even begin to be. Yet it doesn't get my respect. I put it into a category very simular to idiot savant. The moves are there....

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CptBedlam

@CaLe said:

@CptBedlam said:

@CaLe said:

I don't consider doing any of that stuff hard. All I know is I bought the game and 2-3 days later I completed it. Nothing about it was 'hard'. Games I would consider hard? Professor Layton.

I strongly disagree. You know that your posts come across annoying attempts at bragging btw, right? Yeah, you beat this long ass game in 2-3 days and it was sooo incredibly easy while thousands of other gamers out there give up on it in frustration and despair.... you're so awesome! ... SO awesome!

I love hard games like Ninja Gaiden Black etc. But I'm not a yerk and tell other people that these games are easy just because I was able to beat them.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#28  Edited By Hailinel

Holy Christ.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#29  Edited By gla55jAw

W T F

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By CptBedlam

@CaLe said:

@CptBedlam said:

@CaLe said:

@CptBedlam said:

@CaLe said:

I strongly disagree. You know that your posts come across annoying attempts at bragging btw, right? Yeah, you beat this long ass game in 2-3 days and it was sooo incredibly easy while thousands of other gamers out there give up on it in frustration and despair.... you're so awesome! ... SO awesome!

Just like it's annoying for you to see me say that I find it annoying when so many people say it's hard when it's not. I'm not bragging and wish more people would play the damn thing instead of being put off by everyone saying it's hard.

It doesn't matter if you personally exclude certain aspects from the difficulty - these aspects are what made games hard back 20-30 years ago and they still do. Get your head out of your pro-gamer ass and stop being a yerk.

I love hard games btw but I know that lots of my friends won't be able to complete this game so I don't recommend it to them.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jack268
    @CaLe said:
    @CptBedlam: Fair enough, maybe I'm just better at games than most people. 
    If you have problems with Professor Layton I seriously doubt this statement.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Turambar
    @CaLe said:
    @CptBedlam said:

@CaLe said:

I get the feeling I can find someone that would bitch you out for thinking Layton is hard and all the puzzles actually being meant for grade schoolers.  You find those puzzels hard?  Fine.  Others find the required reflexes and timings for Dark Souls hard.  Your own affinities do not disqualify them as illegitimate..
    Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#33  Edited By Brendan

This is pretty funny after watching the Dark Souls quick look.

SpencerTucksen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SpencerTucksen

That's Japan for you! :D

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@kishinfoulux said:

@CaLe said:

I semi hate statements like this. This game is definitely harder then the average game. To act like it's not is pure ignorance.

i hate it too but I don't think it's because of ignorance just an unearned sense of superiority to everyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

wat

Hef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#37  Edited By Hef

He uses a fucking titanite demon to kill the blacksmith for the seal and humanity. And he's equipping stuff in the menu while still running. This man is a legend.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@CaLe said:

@CptBedlam said:

@CaLe said:

@CptBedlam said:

@CaLe said:

Just like it's annoying for you to see me say that I find it annoying when so many people say it's hard when it's not. I'm not bragging and wish more people would play the damn thing instead of being put off by everyone saying it's hard.

If it's hard for most people it's probably fucking hard for those people. Difficulty is subjective, just because you don't find it hard doesn't mean that it isn't for most other people. A lot of people are way good at Professor Layton and you still call that game hard.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By MezZa

@CaLe said:

@Jack268: I don't have trouble with Layton and never said I did. I said that's the type of game I would consider hard, because it requires at least some thought to progress through the story. This game requires no thought, just reflexes, pattern recognition and being careful, none of which is 'hard'.

Since when is pattern recognition and the act of being careful not thought? Difficulty isn't an absolute anyway. To the average gamer who plays the typical games on the market today, this game is hard. Personally I don't think it's that hard myself, but I'm not about to start trying to prove that it's easy just because of my experience.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Turambar
    @CaLe said:
    @Jack268: I don't have trouble with Layton and never said I did. I said that's the type of game I would consider hard, because it requires at least some thought to to answer the puzzles correctly and progress through the story. This game requires no thought, just reflexes, pattern recognition and being careful, none of which is 'hard'.
    Reflexes for many people is hard.  Puzzle solving via pattern recognition and some trial and error in Layton?  Not nearly as hard for me.
    CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CptBedlam

@CaLe said:

@Jack268: I don't have trouble with Layton and never said I did. I said that's the type of game I would consider hard, because it requires at least some thought to progress through the story. This game requires no thought, just reflexes, pattern recognition and being careful, none of which is 'hard'.

It is hard because the game is unforgiving in the requirements it puts upon the player. Not like 99% of the games out there in which a few wrong steps or moves don't hurt your progress through the game at all...

Now as I said: stop being a yerk. This game is hard, period. Difficulty does not equal puzzle solving exclusively.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By CL60

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@CaLe said:

i hate it too but I don't think it's because of ignorance just an unearned sense of superiority to everyone else.

Eh, I haven't played Dark Souls yet, but I didn't really find Demon's Souls that hard. I can see how it would be hard for others, but I didn't find it that hard. World 5 is just ridiculously easy.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Wacomole

So this will be the incentive From Software needed to make the next game ACTUALLY impossible.

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By CptBedlam

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@kishinfoulux said:

@CaLe said:

You hit the head on the nail there.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@CaLe said:

@MentalDisruption said:

@CaLe said:

Since when is pattern recognition and the act of being careful not thought? Difficulty is relative anyway. To the average gamer who plays the typical games on the market today, this game is hard. Personally I don't think it's that hard myself, but I'm not about to start trying to prove that it's easy just because of my experience.

But it is easy.

For you, it's easy for you. What's easy for you may not be easy for most people. Why don't you understand this? Are you really just doing this to make people annoyed.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Hamz

This is not a discussion about whether Dark Souls is difficult or not in comparison to Professor Layton. This is a discussion to praise a, quite frankly, amazing speed run through a game.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

@CL60: But to say that everyone else is wrong about the difficulty is something else. Like what Cale was saying.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Turambar
    @CaLe said:

@MentalDisruption said:

@CaLe said:

Since when is pattern recognition and the act of being careful not thought? Difficulty is relative anyway. To the average gamer who plays the typical games on the market today, this game is hard. Personally I don't think it's that hard myself, but I'm not about to start trying to prove that it's easy just because of my experience.

But it is easy.
    Look, let me put it this way.  The fact that everything that is being said by you is coming from someone that scored in the top 5 for every single map during the Trackmania TNT means that no.  You are the 5% with very good reflexes and timing.  The rest of us are not.  So back the fuck off.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Turambar

He parried Gwyn to death?  Are you kidding me?  Are you fucking kidding me?

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#50  Edited By D_W

Hahah Wow!... And here I'm stuck at the Capra Demon.

Speed Runs are so much fun to watch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.