Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Dark Souls defeated me

normalpants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By normalpants

I'm about 70 hours into Dark Souls but feel like I'm nowhere near the end. I'm completed Anor Londo, gotten to the yellow lights in the demon ruins and catacombs but was told I couldn't traverse the lights. I've stumbled into the abyss by wearing the wolf ring in the New Londo Ruins and got anally reamed by the 4 kings. I've accidentally killed the chaos bonfire keeper at the beginning of the demon ruins by dropping my controller. I just stumbled into something called the Great Hollow, an area I had no idea even existed until about an hour ago. Apparently there is a way to get to a painted world and also a way to get back to the asylum you started the game at but I have no idea where those areas are. I am cursed and have no idea how to cure it.

I love this game, honestly, but I can't shake the feeling that I am not one of the few who will make it to the end. This game is truly gigantic, epic, and sprawling; a lot longer than I thought it had the capability of being, and it may have just defeated me.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Turambar

You're suppose to take the lordvessel to Kingseeker Frampt, place it in the underground shrine that he warps you to, which makes those yellow fog go away.

To cure a curse, go up to the church where you fought the two gargoyales, talk to carim the pardoner who's standing under the bell, and he will sell you items to cure it.  Alternatively, go in New Londo, and there is an NPC there that does it past a bunch of ghosts.

To get back to the Asylum, take the elevator leading you up from Firelink Shrine to the Undead Parish, but walk out of the right one the moment one of the walls disappear and reveal the open outside.  You will land on a floor with a small path hugging the right side wall that will reveal a small cliff.  Walk to the edge of the cliff, and you should notice that one of the side pillars of the main ruin is under it.  You need to roll or jump over to it.  Walk up the pillar after you land on it and it should lead you to a winding staircase that leads to the nest of the big crow that will take you back to the Asylum.

The painted world is in that big cathedral looking place with those white ninja guys in Anor Londo.  You should have seen a giant painting in that room.  Get the Peculiar Doll from the asylum, then walk up to the painting to enter it.

Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Tan

I just started and terrified from hearing all these stories. I'll still see my friends, right? I'm OK, right guys?

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By bcjohnnie

@normalpants: I understand the feeling, it's not as bad as it seems though, the game just intentionally doesn't guide you through this. Turambar is right, talk to Frampt back at firelink to unlock those zones, but maybe start doing any zones you haven't completed yet.

As far as getting back to the asylum, it's worth it (and difficult)... the hint I'll give is check the view when you take the elevator from firelink up to undead parish

niamahai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By niamahai
    @normalpants:  

You fucking piece of shit pussy! 
     When people say *our* generation are bunch of softies they are referring to quitters like you! 
    Do you want those assholes to win? DO YOU?! 

YOU KNOW THE ANSWER IS HELL FUCKING NO. 
    YOU GO BACK NOW AND PLAY THE DAMN GAME TILL COMPLETION!!! GRRRR 

*or at least till you reach the giant boob lesbian*
    Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SuperWristBands

@normalpants said:

I just stumbled into something called the Great Hollow, an area I had no idea even existed until about an hour ago. Apparently there is a way to get to a painted world and also a way to get back to the asylum you started the game at but I have no idea where those areas are. I am cursed and have no idea how to cure it.

The Great Hollow is one of those places that has me on edge for most of it (and I love it). I haven't been cursed but I know how bad it is and seeing all the statues of the other people that have been cursed just reinforces the idea that I could be cursed. That place, the Tomb of the Giants, The Crystal Caves and I'm sure some other places I am not remembering off the top of my head had me on edge. So much careful walking and camera swinging to make sure nothing was gonna pop out or that I wasn't going to fall.

As for curing it, there should be an NPC that sells curse removers (I think the guy near the first bell in Undead Parish, and an female undead merchant in the shortcut to the Depths sells them). Also, you could trade the crow an item (I forget which, sorry) when you return to the Undead Asylum.

To return to the undead asylum, go into the elevators that connect firelink shrine and the church in undead parish. As you are going up the elevator on your left, walk out as soon as you can, from there go left to a grassy part of the mountain and you need to roll off the ledge onto the path you will see, from there go up the stairs and into the birds nest. When prompted press the button to curl up like a ball and wait for a while. Eventually a cutscene will trigger and you will be taken back to the opening area.

Go back to the very start of the game to find the doll that will let you into the painted world.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By BisonHero

*looks at title of topic*

So what you're saying is...

No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.