Dark Souls is a 'Community Journey'

#1 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

There's so much 'Insider' knowledge to Dark Souls, it forces the community to piece together the puzzle. It's the only singleplayer game (at least mostly), that manages to capture this aspect of good MMORPGs. The arcane mystique of mechanics and encounters and how the community at large keeps scratching at the surface of this onion of an enigma wrapped in a puzzle. I'm four days in and I've had many crazy highs and some horrid lows, but I feel like we are about to unravel Dark Souls and own it.

It's been an awesome trip you guys. Keep on trucking!

#2 Posted by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

Its a journey, alright.

#3 Posted by Jonnyflash80 (500 posts) -

Good post. I will be buying Dark Souls soon so I can also experience this.

#4 Posted by JacDG (2126 posts) -

Good point, it's pretty awesome to read about other peoples experiences, get advice's from them, and generally discus the game in a fashion you don't see with many other games.

#5 Posted by SmiteOfHand (84 posts) -

Agreed. Almost makes me want to use the word meta-game. *shudders*

#6 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I just need a hug.

#7 Posted by Oni (2098 posts) -

Wrote that exact same thing in my blog today. Also working on the wiki to help people out, check it: http://www.giantbomb.com/dark-souls/61-32697/help-me-with-this-wiki/35-519094/#1

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.