Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Dark Souls japanese import version impressons part1

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

Edited By biospank

So I just wanted to write down my opinions of this fantastic game so far. Granted I have only played for 20hours+ and at level 30, the most stuff I have done is farming souls for leveling and buying stuff I think I need.

So the things you need to know is the bonfire and the flask is a huge game changer in many ways, the flask is your Moon Grasses but the ball kicker are that you can use it 5 times at first then cling your humanity to the many bonfires and use it 10times. You can also get a flask out of nowhere, I think it happends when someone have rated your message or when you have stayed alive long enough, not sure on that one.

the bonfire is the thing you level up or get to your humanform, or cling you humanity to it. But you can also buy kits (if you will) to the bonfire so you can have an basic upgrade to your armor and weapons or you can fix them with another kit.

The bonfire in many ways is your Nexus without the NPCs you can almost say that the next level in the open world is your next bonfire.

these are the huge changes apart from story that is not in Demon's Souls. I almost don't want to call it a demon's souls2 but the melee combat is the same like last time. I have had some promblems with the combat because when I hit R3 and then moving to the next enemy then it sometimes don't listen to me. Well its not a huge isssue but its still annoying when you need to crowd controll then almost lose 30% of your lifebar.

There have also been times when I have killed a mini boss with strange glitches like running to a rofftop then put 70arraows to him because he cannot clime up. Another time I killed one when I did run out of the room and then put 50arrows to his body because he could not follow me.

Then there have been times when a enemy grabs me and almost kills me but I fall down the level. Another time in the undead church where one of the knight looking dudes goes close to the elevator and then he falls down and just seconds later he comes down the stairs. When it happends is quite funny.

Sorry for my English and grammar, I am not a native English speaker.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By biospank

So I just wanted to write down my opinions of this fantastic game so far. Granted I have only played for 20hours+ and at level 30, the most stuff I have done is farming souls for leveling and buying stuff I think I need.

So the things you need to know is the bonfire and the flask is a huge game changer in many ways, the flask is your Moon Grasses but the ball kicker are that you can use it 5 times at first then cling your humanity to the many bonfires and use it 10times. You can also get a flask out of nowhere, I think it happends when someone have rated your message or when you have stayed alive long enough, not sure on that one.

the bonfire is the thing you level up or get to your humanform, or cling you humanity to it. But you can also buy kits (if you will) to the bonfire so you can have an basic upgrade to your armor and weapons or you can fix them with another kit.

The bonfire in many ways is your Nexus without the NPCs you can almost say that the next level in the open world is your next bonfire.

these are the huge changes apart from story that is not in Demon's Souls. I almost don't want to call it a demon's souls2 but the melee combat is the same like last time. I have had some promblems with the combat because when I hit R3 and then moving to the next enemy then it sometimes don't listen to me. Well its not a huge isssue but its still annoying when you need to crowd controll then almost lose 30% of your lifebar.

There have also been times when I have killed a mini boss with strange glitches like running to a rofftop then put 70arraows to him because he cannot clime up. Another time I killed one when I did run out of the room and then put 50arrows to his body because he could not follow me.

Then there have been times when a enemy grabs me and almost kills me but I fall down the level. Another time in the undead church where one of the knight looking dudes goes close to the elevator and then he falls down and just seconds later he comes down the stairs. When it happends is quite funny.

Sorry for my English and grammar, I am not a native English speaker.

kingzetta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By kingzetta

couldn't wait two day for it to be in english?

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By biospank

I could not wait 14 days actually because it comes to Norway the 7th.

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By biospank

Well I payed for it the 20th then I got it the 24th and just started playing because I was bussy with work. But No I could not wait because it is one of those games where you get a strategy guide you will look at it.

jbrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By jbrady

so any idea what humanity is yet? is it like world tendency in demon's souls?

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By biospank

No, not yet. I have only clinged most of my humanity points to bonfires but humanity is not hard to get, some of those rats near undead church have humanity as drop items.

Questionable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Questionable

I guess you will be in for a hard time when it comes to making convents seeing as most have pretty specific requirements

Have you been able to join any yet and are they mutually exclusive or can you join all of them on the same char?

biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By biospank

@Questionable: I am in one covenent but I have not bothered to try the other covenents because you can break one if you join another one(I think).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.