Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Dark Souls Pre-DLC Xbox 360 Patch

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By chan05

Hey folks,

I just started Dark Souls and a patch was installed. After that I started playing and then I realized that my rolling animation changed. Previously I was doing the backflip thing because of the Dark Wood Grain Ring. Now not anymore!! My equip load is 45.5 of 103.2 so I'm way below 50%.....pleease tell me they didn't change the stats of the Dark Wood Grain Ring....

Appuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

NecroMongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NecroMongo

@chan05: They did. I'm pretty sure you have to be 1/4 of your equip load to do the flip.

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chan05

Ok....fuck...so I basically wasted pumping all that points in endurance...

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Terramagi

I think I speak for the people when I say "ha, haha, hahahahahaha".

Suck it, Havel Flippers. Suck it long, suck it hard.

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By chan05

@Terramagi: I was wearing elite knight armor and its a real shame. That's a significant change that will fuck up a lot of pvp builds. That fucking change means I have to start over with a new charachter.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By golguin

@Terramagi said:

Except that it has no effect on people that have leveled the hell out of their endurance. I'm done some PVP in the forest with my lv 45 and lv 115 character and people are still lfipping in heavy armor. On the upside people have lost their limitless supply of humanity and diving blessings so they wont be able to heal in fights with them anymore.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Terramagi

@golguin said:

@Terramagi said:

Except that it has no effect on people that have leveled the hell out of their endurance. I'm done some PVP in the forest with my lv 45 and lv 115 character and people are still lfipping in heavy armor. On the upside people have lost their limitless supply of humanity and diving blessings so they wont be able to heal in fights with them anymore.

If you levelled the hell out of your endurance, you're deficient in other places.

Also probably using an elemental weapon. Which got nerfed too.

So in summary, suck it Havel.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By golguin

@Terramagi said:

@golguin said:

@Terramagi said:

If you levelled the hell out of your endurance, you're deficient in other places.

Max level or near max level people have no statistical weakness. I just killed a guy and got 800,000+ souls. Those people depend on getting invaded for their fights.

chan05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chan05

@Terramagi: You're wrong with everything you say. I'm using the Black Knight Greataxe and as i said no Havel but Elite Knight Armor, so stop talking bullshit. Obviously you have no idea what you're talking about. You must have lost a lot of PVP duels if you are that pissed about Havels armor / ring....but please stop annoying me with your fear of Havel players.

mustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mustachio

I personally think the DWGR nerf is a good thing, as it actually forces people to make a tactical decision between mobility and poise. Also, remember that the forest is the only area where level range has just about no effect on matchmaking. So yes, people actually insane enough to go to max level (which is odd since the PvP scene is at about 120) will be able to largely negate the nerf, but for every other circumstance (and for the more traditional PvPers that hang around the Undead Burg in the Dragon Covenant), this is a pretty interesting change. I don't think From Software expected the combination of Havel's Ring and the DWGR to be used in 90% of builds, so this is a response to that. I was also getting a little tired of seeing so many flippity ninja Havels everywhere, too, and fixing the Bottomless Box Glitch will hopefully crack down a bit on people that invade level 10 areas with end-game lightning gear (at that point where's the challenge? You literally hit a person once and they're dead as they have little to no way of defending against lightning at that stage).

nitronomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nitronomicon

I think the decision to nerf the dwgr is a good one on From's part. The way I understand it you now have be at or below 25% encumbrance to get the special flip animation. Full Havel's cartwheeling? No, that doesn't make sense. A light character who can gain some extra mobility? That makes sense. I also agree with the other posters that this decision will force some players to make critical choices in their builds.

Timing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By Timing

I think you're all missing the most important point here.

No Caption Provided

Namely that this patch marks the glorious return of YOU DEFEATED.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MrKlorox

@Timing: No fair! Why does the PC version still have Victory Achieved? I thought this was to patch the 360 version to the same state as the initial PC release. Sure I guess one could mod it back into the game on PC, but bleh.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By golguin

@Timing said:

I think you're all missing the most important point here.

No Caption Provided

Namely that this patch marks the glorious return of YOU DEFEATED.

I had heard YOU DEFEATED was back. Great to see it back. I didn't even know what Victory Achieved was supposed to mean.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By ShaggE

I have both PC and 360 copies, and now I'm going back to 360 simply for YOU DEFEATED.

Bass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Bass

The nerf to DWGR has been in effect all along on the PC version. It stinks for console players because a lot of people put a lot of time into their character and if they really built it around DWGR, then they should be pretty dissapointed. That said, its a great change for the balance of PVP. Before, you could have the best armor and the highest mobility without even thinking twice. Now PVP is more interesting because decisions have to be made.

By the way, OP, I have a character that was using almost full Elite Knight armour and still had a fast roll (not even level 80 yet). With Endurance at 41 I have Elite Knight chest piece, guantlets, Gargoyle helmet(pretty much superior in every way to the elite knight helmet), and to make up for the weight, I was using shadow leggings (they are super light but still look decent with this set because they have gold embroidering). I also have balder shield, balder side sword, long bow, and oolicile catalyst equipped at pretty much all times. I (obviously) use havel's ring for this. If you really wanted you could wear the DWGR with havel's ring and that set-up (depeding on your weapon loadout). If the backflipping isn't that important to you, and you just want the quick roll, you can probably equip RoFAP and wear some heavier armor or use heavier weapons.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Sackmanjones

This dlc needs to come to the states NOW!

envane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By envane

clearly suck it havel refers to your assumption that you should be able to ninja flip with anything but light armor on , which you can still do if you use your rings right

but yeah .. theres probably no reason to start a new character , unless you have like 96 endurance or something crazy ( i did that once )

plaintomato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By plaintomato

@golguin said:

@Terramagi said:

@golguin said:

@Terramagi said:

Max level or near max level people have no statistical weakness. I just killed a guy and got 800,000+ souls. Those people depend on getting invaded for their fights.

Suck it Havel....hahahaha

And...damn...

It's been a while so I gotta wonder how many of my builds are going to be broken. Probably got half my builds using that ring right now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.