Dark Souls : Prepare to Die Edition [PC]

• 133 results
#1 Edited by emem (1965 posts) -

It has been confirmed on Neogaf and apparently it's going to be released in August and have new bosses, but other than that everything will be identical to the console versions.

<- Anyone else excited?

#2 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Fuck. Wishing I didn't buy this on console.

#3 Posted by Akeldama (4244 posts) -

HOLY FUCK REALLY!? :D

#4 Posted by Packie (255 posts) -

Please be steamworks. Other than that, Fuck yeah!

I already put 120 hours in the PS3 version, don't mind another on PC. :P

#5 Posted by zels (206 posts) -
#6 Edited by emem (1965 posts) -

@zels: Thanks for indirectly reminding me of posting a link to gaf, I totally forgot. I guess I was still freaking out. ;)

#7 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

Wow this is the only game that makes me contemplate about buying a next-gen console and now it's coming to the PC. Decisions, decisions.

#8 Posted by ThunderSlash (1675 posts) -

I'll probably purchase this even though I haven't gotten very far in the one I have for the PS3.

Please be optimized.

#9 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

@RedCream said:

Wow this is the only game that makes me contemplate about buying a next-gen console and now it's coming to the PC. Decisions, decisions.

It was 'next-gen' six years ago dude... take the plunge :|

On-topic this is kickass news. I can't exactly imagine the game with a mouse and keyboard but 'new bosses' certainly gives me a reason to try.

#10 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

Oh god that's so far away.

#11 Edited by Ares42 (2619 posts) -

Ever since I heard about the possibility of a PC version I can't shake the feeling that it'll really be a game-changer. Controlling with keyboard and mouse is gonna give the game a fidelity of control that could easily simplify the game a whole lot. Being a game where you can literally kill anything if you're just good at avoidance, having that extra twitch could really ruin the experience. Not to mention the fact that lock-on targetting (which is a big part of the game) is a system that's exclusively designed for controller-usage.

#12 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -

@RedCream: Haven't seen someone calling 360/PS3 next-gen consoles in a looong time. ;)

Anyway, I hope From won't f*ck with their fans and will release the new content as DLC for consoles.

#13 Posted by misfeasor (27 posts) -

I really hope it's ported well. The game had some frame rate issues on consoles from what I've heard, so a well optimized PC port would be excellent.

#14 Posted by RedCream (704 posts) -

Man really? This is embarrassing then. I'm way too late cause I invested on my trusty PC first. August can't come any sooner.

#15 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

considering Neogaf is very easy to ban people with false info, ill take this as being true. Guess ill finally play a Souls game I guess

#16 Posted by BeachThunder (11828 posts) -

Hopefully this sets a precedent for other games to become PCerised :o

#17 Posted by Vorbis (2750 posts) -

Blight Town in 60FPS.

I'm in.

#18 Posted by JackSukeru (5909 posts) -

New bosses...Knight Artorias?

#19 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Sold.

#20 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

The Furtive Pygmy - so easily forgotten. I've seen litteraly a million threads speculating to his whereabouts so putting in an extra clue would be cool, even if we don't get to see him until Doomed Souls in 2013.

#21 Posted by MysteriousFawx (382 posts) -

@Grissefar: I'm pretty sure you play as a descendant of the Pygmy...or something along those lines.

As for new bosses, check the limited edition artbook, theres a few things that weren't included. Like the fat dude riding a boar

#22 Posted by Xealot42 (275 posts) -

Awesome. I hope it is a good port.

*Removes PS3 version from Amazon wishlist*

#23 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

Now i have to buy it AGAIN? god fucking dammit.

That being said, my ps3 save file is saved in an impossible position for me to recover from, maybe i'll leave that one there and start afresh on pc

#24 Posted by supamon (1333 posts) -

Great, now if only they'll get the extra content to console players for free or minimal charge.

#25 Posted by Chippy180 (160 posts) -

@Vorbis said:

Blight Town in 60FPS.

I'm in.

"New bosses for the PC version everything else is 1:1 from the console version"

NOPE.

In all seriousness, this is terrific news. I'd love for them to include some of the dialogue/events From cut. Having Oscar/Undead Asylum man play a far more pivotal role would be fantastic, it sure as hell worked for Ostrava of Boletaria.

#26 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

August? Damn, not sure I can wait that long :(

I know I have too, but I am tempted to buy the console version again.

#27 Posted by Mustachio (242 posts) -

I hope the announcement behind the wall is a confirmation of the PC port but also an announcement that the content being added to PC is coming to consoles for free, CD Projekt style.

#28 Posted by Jazz2 (151 posts) -

Exited! Steam achievements plz!!!!

#29 Posted by zaglis (909 posts) -

If they fail to make the mouse controls perfect, with no acceleration, smoothing and input lag, this might be the most disappointing game of the year.

#30 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Guess I'll be getting a second copy of Dark Souls. Even without the extra content I'd buy it again just so I can play in the higher resolutions a PC is capable of. I hate seeing jaggies.

#31 Posted by eroticfishcake (7783 posts) -

Still being cautiously optimistic here since for all we could know the PC port could be pretty bad but considering how disappointed the developers were with the technical problems on the console (Read: Blightown) I'd wager they'll probably want to polish up a bit more. We'll see when the time comes but it's still good news this. I'd like an official response though instead of a magazine announcement.

#32 Posted by Ashcrack1087 (45 posts) -

I wonder if there will be ways to mod this.

#33 Posted by MikeFightNight (1109 posts) -

I'll wait to hear how well it runs, but if all is good I will probably buy it again!

Have my PC hooked up to a big screen so I would rather all these games come out for PC too.

#34 Posted by stubbleman (306 posts) -

If those fuckers think I'm going to drop coin on that shitty game a second time just because they fixed the frame rate, they've got another thing coming. I'll continue slumming it with my Demon's Souls on PS3.

#35 Posted by weegieanawrench (1937 posts) -

Fucking sold! Fix the jacked frame rate of Blighttown and I'm all yours.

#36 Posted by ajamafalous (11957 posts) -

YO THAT'S DOPE AND ALSO IT IS SICK

#37 Posted by Pepsiman (2470 posts) -

This was looking like more or less a sure thing for quite a while now, but it's still reassuring to know it's actually being realized. As somebody who missed out on the original console release because my consoles were (and continue to be) on a separate continent, I was hoping this PC version would be true so I could play it on my best hardware and what do you know, now I can. Curious to see how well they can adapt those controls to mouse and keyboard (I'll probably just end up playing with a gamepad anyway), but I look forward to finally catching up with it in August.

#38 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

Ah finally Dark Souls fans can stop measuring in frames per minute!

#39 Posted by WatanabeKazuma (989 posts) -

Finally Blighttown will be fully realized in all it's poison induced glory ! I can usually ignore an inconsistent framerate but that was beyond distracting, genuinely made me feel a little ill in spots.

This will hopefully give me a chance to join in on the early PC crowd that haven't yet played it; I would love to guide people through the early stages of the game.

#40 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

@RedCream: Get it on PC. If you don't have a good enough PC build one for $750 and it will run most games perfectly fine.

#41 Edited by WilltheMagicAsian (1544 posts) -

Neat, just hope the port is good and optimized. This could be really awesome or really disappointing depending on that.

#42 Posted by Jimbo (9799 posts) -

Hmmm. I do want to play it, but having a closed system seems pretty integral to the experience. Not convinced it won't get completely ruined on PC.

#43 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

Man macros are so gonna help this game.

#44 Posted by Animasta (14671 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

Hmmm. I do want to play it, but having a closed system seems pretty integral to the experience. Not convinced it won't get completely ruined on PC.

That's my biggest worry as well

#45 Posted by Lysergica33 (523 posts) -

MY BODY IS READY

#46 Posted by Tennmuerti (8066 posts) -

I'm too tempted to fuck around with my games on the PC, mods cheats and such. After finishing them at least once purely.
So considering i aleady did just that on the PS3 it will be too tempting to just break the game on the PC, which would probably ruin the experience in the first place.

While it would be interesting to see if they manage to make the game not look like shit graphics wise i still think my one go through the PS3 version was plenty enough and it is unlikely i'll be getting it on the PC.

#47 Edited by Zacagawea (1589 posts) -

I really hope that the new content eventually comes to consoles :(

#48 Posted by Cheesebob (1235 posts) -

FUCKING SOLD. I WILL BUY THAT SO HARD

#49 Posted by TheHT (11130 posts) -

Sweet! It's one of the few franchises I enjoy on consoles, so I'll pass.

New bosses might do me in though...

@Grissefar said:

@RockmanBionics said:

The Furtive Pygmy - so easily forgotten. I've seen litteraly a million threads speculating to his whereabouts so putting in an extra clue would be cool, even if we don't get to see him until Doomed Souls in 2013.

WHAT IS THIS DOOMED SOULS YOU SPEAK OF?!?!

#50 Posted by Chris2KLee (2333 posts) -

I'll probably pick it up, hopefully it comes out on Steam.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.