Dark Souls Screenshots look eerily familiar

• 57 results
#51 Edited by Karkarov (3172 posts) -
@Mordukai said:

" @xyzygy said:

" I don't get how From can get away with this though. Can't they be stopped from making this multiplatform just by the freaking art assets? I mean the armor and weapons like like they're literally out of Demon's Souls. Unless Sony owns absolutely nothing but the name, couldn't From be treading on thin ice? "

You I've spoken to a mod on the Demon's Souls wiki web site and he says that Dark Souls for all intent and purposes is Demon's Souls 2 with a different name. He said Sony only owns the Demon's Souls name but not the IP. Seems odd. What a miss Sony. THen agin no one really expect this game to be received the way it did. Sony missed the boat on this one. This game could have potential system seller but ohh well. At least xbox only gamers will get to enjoy it too, right? Share the love and the fucking frustration...LOL  OHH NO. I just realized. An update version of Maneater. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "
He is also wrong.  Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP, Sony is also the publisher of Dark Souls in Japan.  I wonder if a deal was made there???   Meanwhile we got interviews with Namco-Bandai execs saying to your face "I know it looks like a sequel to Demon's Souls but it is not, the games have nothing to do with each other."  It takes more than similar gameplay to be a sequel, or are you saying Doom is a sequel to Wolfenstein? 

PS: If you think the art assets are identical you obviously wore blinders during the trailer or just paid no attention during your time with Demon's Souls.
#52 Edited by xyzygy (10026 posts) -
@Karkarov said:

" @Mordukai said:

" @xyzygy said:

" I don't get how From can get away with this though. Can't they be stopped from making this multiplatform just by the freaking art assets? I mean the armor and weapons like like they're literally out of Demon's Souls. Unless Sony owns absolutely nothing but the name, couldn't From be treading on thin ice? "

You I've spoken to a mod on the Demon's Souls wiki web site and he says that Dark Souls for all intent and purposes is Demon's Souls 2 with a different name. He said Sony only owns the Demon's Souls name but not the IP. Seems odd. What a miss Sony. THen agin no one really expect this game to be received the way it did. Sony missed the boat on this one. This game could have potential system seller but ohh well. At least xbox only gamers will get to enjoy it too, right? Share the love and the fucking frustration...LOL  OHH NO. I just realized. An update version of Maneater. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO "
He is also wrong.  Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP, Sony is also the publisher of Dark Souls in Japan.  I wonder if a deal was made there???   Meanwhile we got interviews with Namco-Bandai execs saying to your face "I know it looks like a sequel to Demon's Souls but it is not, the games have nothing to do with each other."  It takes more than similar gameplay to be a sequel, or are you saying Doom is a sequel to Wolfenstein?   PS: If you think the art assets are identical you obviously wore blinders during the trailer or just paid no attention during your time with Demon's Souls. "
After seeing the trailer, even the animations look like they're ripped straight out of Demon's Souls. I have no idea what's going on here. If Sony owns the IP I don't know how they're just letting From go multiplatform with this game. That's like Insomniac taking the weapons, style, art assests, models and more of Resistance or another of their Sony exclusive IPs and putting out a 360 game with just a different name.
#53 Posted by Icemael (6338 posts) -
@Karkarov said:
" He is also wrong.  Sony owns the Demon's Souls IP, Sony is also the publisher of Dark Souls in Japan. "
Sony have nothing to do with Dark Souls. From Software are publishing it in Japan.

@xyzygy said:
" After seeing the trailer, even the animations look like they're ripped straight out of Demon's Souls. I have no idea what's going on here. If Sony owns the IP I don't know how they're just letting From go multiplatform with this game. That's like Insomniac taking the weapons, style, art assests, models and more of Resistance or another of their Sony exclusive IPs and putting out a 360 game with just a different name. "
The art assets are not identical, dude. And "strong similarity" is not enough for a lawsuit, or as I said, everyone would be suing everyone and nothing would ever come out. Take for example all the Call of Duty clones we've been seeing. Most of them have far more in common with Call of Duty, both in terms of aesthetics and mechanics, than Dark Souls has in common with Demon's Souls, but you don't see Activision going on lawsuit sprees because of that (and for them to have a legal right to do so would just be ridiculous).
#54 Posted by Skanes (107 posts) -

Homeboy's wearing the same helmet and everything. Awesome.

#55 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4606 posts) -
@HaltIamReptar said:
" @august said:
" That has to be the second biggest rat I've ever seen. "
references "
pics plz.
#56 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -
@MarkWahlberg:
#57 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

More Demon's souls is never a bad thing, was dieing for more contend when i finished my second play though in it :) 

#58 Edited by ProfessorEss (7443 posts) -

I just fell in love a few days ago.
I regret waiting so long, but at the same time, now I have much less time to endure waiting  for a sequel :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.