Dark Souls Secret

#1 Posted by GUNxSPECTRE (21 posts) -

Since there are undoubtedly some Dark Souls veterans here, I'm asking if anyone knows anything about that secret that I believe Hidetaka Miyazaki said required multiple playthroughs.

For all we know he could be trolling, like he did with the pendant...

#2 Edited by MB (12525 posts) -

Moving to the Dark Souls forum.

FROM loves to troll, its awesome.

#3 Edited by Slaegar (716 posts) -

Well to get every achievement you must beat the game multiple times with the same character. Knight's Honor (have every rare weapon) requires multiples of the same boss soul so you have to kill the same boss a few times or get somebody else to drop the items in your world which is unlikely.

The Gravelord Servant covenant's fun powers don't even work until new game plus.

#4 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5595 posts) -

It's too Dark for us to ever know.

#5 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@slaegar: You straight up did not read the OP did you?

#6 Edited by TheHT (11389 posts) -

You have to get to NG++++++++++++++++++++++++ and save Solaire and then when he says "was it all a lie? Have I done this all, for nothing?" the game will shut down.

#7 Edited by TruthTellah (9160 posts) -

After 10 straight death-less playthroughs, you die in real life.

#8 Posted by mosespippy (4210 posts) -

I'm pretty sure he said somewhere that he was just trolling.

#9 Posted by PollySMPS (225 posts) -

The ol' Ed Boon "Oh, no you guys seriously haven't found everything yet" line.

#10 Posted by Throwdown (19 posts) -

In NG++++ only:

You have to go to Anor Londo at 6:43 PM on a Tuesday and find the purse in the Painted World, grab it and feed it to Frampt.

Your Speeder Bike will now shoot paintballs.

#11 Posted by Evilsbane (4622 posts) -

The pendant is the only thing I am aware of

#12 Posted by GUNxSPECTRE (21 posts) -

@mosespippy: I wish I could get some confirmation on that, but as far as I know of, the only thing that Miyazaki straight up said he was trolling on about was the starting gifted pendant...

My Google-fu has been failing me.

#13 Posted by TruthTellah (9160 posts) -

@gunxspectre: Can you link me to where Hidetaka said that there was a secret that could only be found after multiple playthroughs?

Because all I've ever seen from the developer was the statement that some items could only be used once or twice in a playthrough, meaning that it may take multiple playthroughs to find every secret involving such limited items and time-sensitive events.

#14 Edited by McShank (1629 posts) -

@gunxspectre: Can you link me to where Hidetaka said that there was a secret that could only be found after multiple playthroughs?

Because all I've ever seen from the developer was the statement that some items could only be used once or twice in a playthrough, meaning that it may take multiple playthroughs to find every secret involving such limited items and time-sensitive events.

Here is the link to what Hidetaka said.... Afterwards :O

#15 Edited by McShank (1629 posts) -

There is no secret. Only more death. The True answer to it though is in Dark Souls 2... or is it in Demon's Souls? Who knows.

#16 Posted by TruthTellah (9160 posts) -

@mcshank said:

@truthtellah said:

#17 Posted by dudeglove (7909 posts) -

@mcshank said:

@truthtellah said:

Why... would you even post that...

#18 Posted by TruthTellah (9160 posts) -

@mcshank said:

@truthtellah said:

Why... would you even post that...

Some duders just want to watch the world burn.

#19 Edited by Timing (620 posts) -

Yup. Here you go.

#20 Posted by dudeglove (7909 posts) -
#21 Posted by Slaegar (716 posts) -

@canteu said:

@slaegar: You straight up did not read the OP did you?

I read the part where he said it required multiple playthroughs (That's a weird word). It was only two sentences, how could I not read it?

#22 Edited by miikelzelda (25 posts) -

@timing:

*slow clap*

I hate Dark Souls with a passion but please tell me what a Chaneller's Trident is and why it's the end prize. What do you do with it/why is it so valuable?

#23 Posted by TobbRobb (4666 posts) -

@timing said:

Yup. Here you go.

Oh man, I thought this would just be plain stupid, but the last joke still got to me. Haha.

#24 Posted by Timing (620 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@timing:

*slow clap*

I hate Dark Souls with a passion but please tell me what a Chaneller's Trident is and why it's the end prize. What do you do with it/why is it so valuable?

It's a weapon with a fairly low drop rate, causing frustration for many trying to obtain it, as it is also a necessity for getting all the achievements/trophies. I'm guessing these people have never had to farm for Pure Bladestone in Demon's Souls, which generally takes much, MUCH longer.

Also it lets you do this.
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/204/b/c/four_knights_dance_by_alo81-d6euom2.gif

#25 Posted by Spoonman671 (4648 posts) -

There are no secrets in Dark Souls.

#26 Posted by dudeglove (7909 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@timing:

*slow clap*

It's also useful for summoning, as the trident's "dance" attack actually buffs nearby friendly NPCs. Seeing as this is dark souls, there's hardly any friendly NPCs, so it has its uses online in PVP. Some people will whip it out after killing you and do the dance to troll.

Actual semi-fun fact/secret: If you ever decide to fight Andre the blacksmith, the dude has a wild move set that isn't seen anywhere else in any other enemy in the game. Like the dude friggin' punches you and does dropkicks. Most people will never see it, because why would you attack Mr. Nice Blacksmith?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.