Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Did I just screw myself out of 40 hours of gameplay?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RichardSaggin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@alkusanagi: okay so here's the good news, I too have killed my divine creating blacksmith (seeing as i attacked him while lvl 50 and lets face it, 100 k souls just wasnt going to happen) and you can still buy all the titinite your heart desires from the giant black smith up in Anor Lodon (sp) the bad news is its a bitch to get through sen's fortress no matter who you are, and getting to said black smith once in anor lodon proves equally challenging. Also i believe that there is no way to create divine weapons any longer. makes the catacombs at your lvl suck. if you do have the materials to up grade weapons the black smith bellow fire link shrine can still hook you up.

RVonE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

zeusbark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alkusanagi: The blacksmith is gone, but you can find others latter in the game. You can get through the catacombs by rushing past the ghosts and killing the guys summoning them. It can be tricky but that's the way i did it.

Hope it helps

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Just go pay penance to whats-his-dick in the Gargoyle tower and you'll be fine.

librariangmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 10

#55  Edited By librariangmr

Hahaha, I remember when I did this. Rage!

Harangue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Catacombs is perfectly viable without Divine weapons. Honestly I only ever used a Divine weapon twice, and that was my first time through and again with a squishy DEX build. It's incredibly easy to sprint through or turtle through and just slay all three of the Necromancers and Pinwheel. People often do it early in the game to get immediate access to the Rite of Kindling.
    Only issue I could really see would be the three little knob-gobblers hanging around with Nito.

pozitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necroposting cause did the same (hit Andre).
    Mistakenly pressed the wrong button on gamepad... I have to play DS more regularly :-)

What is most stupid - I spent a couple of hours in Undead Parish gaining souls for levelups through killing everyone and respawning them visiting bonfire.

I am at 26 or 27 lvl and... my name is Andrey :-)
    So of course I will try to absolve this sin.

Wish me luck, I am heading for gargoyle !

pozitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was much easier than I was preparing myself to.
    Gargoyles are losers against soul arrows.
    And only 13500 souls were needed for absolving the sin.
    Seems this moment was changed in Dars Souls Remastered.

pozitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Necroposting goes on and on !
    Absolution costs 500 souls * level in DS Remastered.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.