Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Do i need poise as a quick pyromancer?

ASleeplessWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ASleeplessWolf

Hello all. I am currently an SL102 (not 120) and have been working on my dex pyromancer. He is a quick one with powerful casts. However, I have 0 poise (or close to it). Can someone help complete my build and give me opinions? I could just gun attunement or vitality. It seems pumping endurance at this point wouldn't do much if I wanted to keep my fast roll! Help anyone? Link below!

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciwzOCwyOCwyOCwxNiw0NSwxMiwxMCw4LDAsMjMsMjYsMjYsMjYsMTQsMTIsMTYyLDQ0LDExMiwxMTMsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLDAsMzgsMjcsMzAsMzEsMzUsMzksMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsNix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4=

Make_Me_Mad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Make_Me_Mad

The Wolf Ring throws out a free 40 points worth of poise that goes a long way towards keeping your squishy spell-casters from flinching so much. I recommend trying to get around 50-55 to be a bit safer, but it's really just a matter of exactly how stable you want to be, and mixing in a few heavier armor pieces with your normal set can help with that, and usually won't make you weigh all that much heavier. You also shouldn't need more than 4 attunement slots in most situations (and even then, probably not that many), so pouring too many points into that would seem like a bit of a waste.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

@ASleeplessWolf: If you're gonna be a quick character I'm assuming that you probably want to dodge a lot instead of taking hits, having said that, 0 poise is rather dangerous to have. Might be a good idea to wear the Wolf Ring or try wearing some heavier armour. For the best critique I recommend you ask the folks over at the Dark Souls Subreddit since it's still very active over there so they can help you more then I can.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189

Not necessarily, but it wont hurt. Especially PVP wise.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Sackmanjones
    @Fallen189
    Not necessarily, but it wont hurt. Especially PVP wise.
    This. But from my experience I mixed it more with speed and dodging rather than poise really up to you though
    ASleeplessWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By ASleeplessWolf

Thanks for the advice guys. :] I was looking into it and figured out a way to hit 53 poise. If I take off my bellowing ring and use the wolf ring (like you suggested) and I put a few points into endurance, I can wear catarina gauntlets and hit 53 poise. Apparently 53 is a great breaking point to have and protects me against a lot of stuff. Plus, I think those gauntlets look great on my "maiden." :P

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?b=cHlyb21hbmNlciwzOCwyOCwzNCwxNiw0NSwxMiwxMCw4LDAsMjMsMjYsMTcsMjYsMjIsMTIsMTYyLDQ0LDExMiwxMTMsbm9ybWFsLG5vcm1hbCxub3JtYWwsbm9ybWFsLDAsMzgsMjcsMzAsMzEsMzUsMzksMCwwLDAsMCwwLDAsNix3b29kZW4sd29vZGVuLHdvb2Rlbix3b29kZW4=

And btw, i just like having options on which pyromancy I'm going to use. Does anyone have any opinions for PvP about chaos pyromancies versus non-chaos ones?

Or does anyone have more comments for me otherwise? :]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.