Does the Warrior of Sunlight Faith limit carry over to NG+?

#1 Posted by probablytuna (3664 posts) -

Hey guys, I just finished my first playthrough today and I was wondering, does the lowered Faith limit for joining the Warrior of Sunlight covenant carry over to NG+? I only have 11 Faith so I don't want to dump points in something I'll never use, and I didn't know about the lowering the 25 Faith requirement until much later in the game. I also want to forge Gwyn's Greatsword for this playthrough cause it sounds badass so even if I join the Covenant in this game I wouldn't be able to get the Sunlight Spear until NG++. I'm trying to get all the trophies so I'm planning ahead of things this time. Thanks!

#2 Edited by Do_The_Manta_Ray (663 posts) -

It does carry over to NG + if you're already a member of the covenant. Were you to leave the covenant and then move into new game +, the faith requirements would be reset. I'd like to note to you real quick that Gwyn's Greatsword, while being the "ultimate reward", is pretty underwhelming, and that the Sunlight Spear has a faith requirement of 50 to use.

Warrior of Sunlight covenant remains fun as hell, though, way to go! (I'm usually a Dark Wraith, go figure.)

#3 Posted by probablytuna (3664 posts) -

@do_the_manta_ray: Oh ok thanks, I'll leave it until NG++ then. I only want to join the Covenant so I can get all the miracle spells to get the trophy so I don't really mind that I can't use it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.