Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Durante from NeoGAF fixes resolution problems

• 59 results
    Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Terramagi

@Wrenchfarm said:

This may be a stupid question, but is this fix messing with online play at all? I had a wild time summoning and being summoned last night, but since I've applied the fix to run at 1080, I haven't had one online escapade. I can see signs on the ground but get constant failures. Running around with the forest hunter ring never got me summoned nor has my white soapstone.

What do you think? Bad luck? Are other people reporting problems?

It's always been spotty at best. The only online problems it had was the text, which has since been fixed. It's merely a client-side rendering change, it's incapable of doing any damage.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cba40146d9b
    deactivated-60cba40146d9b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, I've had more summoning action today so I can confirm the mod didn't bust it.

Terribly disapointing. Summoning/Invading was so smooth the first day I thought the PC version really nailed it. Seems I just got lucky and its still janky as hell. Oh well. Part of the charm of DkS.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By valrog
    Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Terramagi

So in two days, one man has absolutely demolished FROM's (admittedly fairly stable on my card) attempt at a port.

I know I had absolutely nothing to do with it, but I can't help but feel a little smug in that.

Lysergica33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Lysergica33

I get no higher than 15fps with the fix, this is with 2x560ti and an i5-2500k. Tried with SLI on and off, running the framebuffer at both 1440p and 1080p, with the control panel forcing extra AA and AF and such and all of that off, tried setting the priority of the .exe to high in the task manager. It just stays at 15fps and goes up a bit during cutscenes.

I'm at my wits end here, anyone got any ideas?

Edit: Disregard, fixed it. Supersampling that shit now. HOLY FUCK. Pics coming soon.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By valrog

@Lysergica33: Post pictures asap.

Anyway, Durante has released version 0.5. It includes some mouse features. Also, people got MSAA and SSAO working. Just... Awesome.

No Caption Provided
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#57  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Great job keeping the thread up to date valrog!

rynbeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By rynbeed

Loaded up the MOD last night and ran the game for about a half hour. This is the way to play. I put in a good 20 something hours on the PS3, and with this MOD the game looks SO much better. I hope that the next Souls game gets a release on all platforms right out the gate.

It would be really cool if they went back on put Demon's Souls on the PC... but that's just wishful thinking :)

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By valrog

@AhmadMetallic said:

Great job keeping the thread up to date valrog!

Thanks man.

Also, not sure if anyone keeps an eye on Durante's work anymore, but he added a lot more crazy stuff in the fix.

• You can specify a screenshot folder in the .ini
    • Texture override and texture dumping. Basically you can replace the base textures now with what ever you want (for example buttons or adding high-res fonts)
    • SSAO improvements
    • HUD features such as scaling, opacity and minimalistic mode

Oh, and the source code has been released for the fix.

Latest version of the fix can be found here - http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.