Everyone must be playing witcher 2

#1 Posted by UdderDischarge (46 posts) -

prior to its release, I barely had to wait a day for a response sometimes id get one in 30 minutes to an hour, it seems alot of folks have shelved DS for a bit, to go play witcher. im addicted to DS right no. is there anyone else out there?

#2 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

People were talking exhaustively about Dark Souls in the months after its release and everyone who wanted to play DS has probably finished it by now and there's not much left to say. There will be more people talking about the game when the PC version with the new content is released in august.

#3 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

They are actually all playing Prototype 2, duh.

#4 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

PS3 version is as active as ever. You're playing the wrong console for that sort of game.

#5 Posted by TobbRobb (4653 posts) -

I plowed through it again recently. Ask me anything bro. :D

#6 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

PS3 version is as active as ever. You're playing the wrong console for that sort of game.

The 360 version is active as well. I play it regularly and I see ghosts and signs everywhere - just as much as when it was released. Did you even read his post? He talks about the responses on these forums...

#7 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

what do you mean by 'that sort of game'

#8 Posted by BisonHero (6540 posts) -

@CptBedlam said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

The 360 version is active as well. I play it regularly and I see ghosts and signs everywhere - just as much as when it was released. Did you even read his post? He talks about the responses on these forums...

His post only says "wait a day for a response", and that's honestly pretty vague. He could've been talking about the forums, or about waiting for a "response" to one of his summon signs. It was a reasonable mistake to make.

#9 Posted by Three0neFive (2293 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

a black one

#10 Posted by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

@Bell_End said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

I think what he means is that for most PS3 games the online community goes away pretty quickly...

#11 Posted by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

@BisonHero: With "wait a day for a response" he is obviously talking about the forums. He's not standing next to his summon sign for a day.

#12 Posted by stewmody (22 posts) -

I had to walk far away from Dark Souls a few months ago. I want to pick it back up in the worst way, but I know what I'm in for.

Having said that, The Witcher 2 just showed up at my door, so I guess Dark Souls will wait.

#13 Posted by GoofyGoober (937 posts) -

I ain't because it isn't on the PS3 :(

#14 Posted by BisonHero (6540 posts) -

@CptBedlam: There's some crazy people in this world.

#15 Posted by scampskin (5 posts) -

I just bought this game two nights ago so I don't what it was like when it was first released but it seems really active right now on the 360. I constantly see blood stains, messages, and blue "ghosts". I'd say about every 45 seconds at the most I see someone or something show up.

#16 Posted by p00rdevil (158 posts) -

I've been playing the game for it seems like eternity! Actually it has only been a couple of months, but it is the only game I am playing and I play it a few hours every day, usually in the evenings. I have started over about 4 times, the latest was abandoning my Thief for a Warrior. I was in Anor Lando with 96 hours on that Thief too. I had some corrupt save BS going on with that character, so I deleted him. But I was able to get back to the Sen Fortress boss in 1/3 the time and 1/10 the headaches after starting up the Warrior. Plus I explored Blight Town much more thoroughly, even went down to Ash Lake which I never even found or knew existed while I was playing the Thief.

This game is much more fun when you know the ropes a little bit and get a handle on the combat. Souls takes a lot of practice and attentive gaming to get passably decent at it. Toughest game I have ever taken on in my life.

#17 Posted by BiG_Weasel (524 posts) -

I'm late to the Witcher 2 party on the PC, but I've played a lot of it in the last week. Gonna be doing some GW2 this weekend, though!

#18 Posted by stewmody (22 posts) -

@scampskin: Good luck to you dude. My little piece of advice is soul farm to level up your character when you feel like you cannot proceed any further. Trust me it's not cheesing, just playing smart.

Stick with this game because it's worth it.

#19 Posted by NegativeCero (3003 posts) -

I've been playing it, but haven't been able to recently as the school semester ends and everything is due.

#20 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

if it makes you feel any better, if DS hits PCs I'll be putting Witcher away.

#21 Posted by Zacagawea (1594 posts) -
#22 Posted by dopplerganger (80 posts) -

i have been switching between witcher 2 and dark souls. I also have been putting time aside for Fez to confuse my brain.

#23 Posted by Toxeia (729 posts) -

@Zacagawea said:

@Toxeia said:

if it makes you feel any better, if DS hits PCs I'll be putting Witcher away.

If?

I know the news, but I'm not going to let my hopes raise just to be dashed to the ground :( A hope-stain that reads "Oh God, I was so close."

#24 Posted by Sgykah (95 posts) -

@Three0neFive said:

@Bell_End said:

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

a black one

i'm a bad person. i tried to stifle the laugh and got snot on the keyboard. i'm a bad person. and i have bad control of my bodily functions. i'm defective. :(

#25 Edited by CptBedlam (4451 posts) -

@stewmody said:

@scampskin: Good luck to you dude. My little piece of advice is soul farm to level up your character when you feel like you cannot proceed any further. Trust me it's not cheesing, just playing smart.

Stick with this game because it's worth it.

I suggest doing no farming at all but instead raking in souls in a more fun way: help people beat bosses in coop or do some pvp. There pretty much no risk involved either.

I've seen people walking way from this game because all all they did was farm souls and they got bored eventually.

#26 Posted by thomasnash (557 posts) -

Haha, I just went from Dark Souls to the Witcher 2. Blazed through the Witcher 2 in about a week, and went back in to DS tonight on NG+...

only to discover what I'd been missing! Seriously, I feel like New Game Plus is the way the game is meant to be played. Not in terms of PvE, but the stuff I'd found a bit underwhelming or annoying my first run through has been way better. Been having a much better time with Co-op, had some really great, friendly interactions, and also I feel like the invasions are actually quite fun and tense, instead of "oh, I'm about to lose all my souls and loose humanity because I am going to get immediately trashed by someone with lightning weapons."

A lot of this is just down to my mediocre skill level and higher soul level I guess, but still. Tonight has been one of my favourite experiences with the game, basically just doing co-op runs of Gaping Dragon and Quelaag, plus fending off a few invaders along the way.

I don't know whether I'll want to play it when (if) I S-rank it, but right now it's the only game on my shelf that's really calling to me to try and get the S-rank anyway.

#27 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

There's just nothing to really talk about anymore man until the DLC eventually gets announced. Everyone who actually was really into the game has already done anything in it. I am so burnt out on it man.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.