Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Everything Regarding curses

Kobrabyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kobrabyte

Question regarding curses. I'm hearing a lot of bad things about it, yet i find a merchant that sells something to remove curse.

Am i missing something? what's the big deal with curse? can't you just stock up on these curse remedies? is there more then one type of curse?

Or is it just more complicated then that? I'd like to equip myself before running into a place like that. So my main question is (i know i asked

a couple already lol) what is the best and easiest way to cure this... curse.... i keep hearing about.

Thanks!

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By MezZa

It used to be worse when curse would stack. It was possible to keep halving and halving your health until you were pretty much screwed unless you already had enough souls to buy a cure and could make it to a merchant. That's been changed though, so now it's just an annoyance that you have to spend souls on. The worse spot is in the depths, if you don't go in carefully then you might accidentally fall into the worst room ever dreamed of.

You can buy cures from a hallow women in the depths for 6k, or the pardoner for 3k.

Kobrabyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Kobrabyte

Ah ok perfect, thank you. I didn't know the stacking of curse was removed. And again, i didn't know you could just

buy something and remove it that easily. I thought you had to do some big special thing to get rid of it...ala becoming

a vampire in Elder Scrolls IV (Oblivion)... Thank you for the help.

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By bcjohnnie

The first time I fell in that pit, I totally freaked out and got cursed immediately... after that it wasn't so bad, walking around at half health was a bit of a challenge. If you find yourself around crazy looking frogs, keep your wits about you and stay out of the curse clouds (if your curse bar fills up you die right away). The main reason people hate curses so much is that sometimes you have to go a long way at half health just to get to the vendors who sell cures, and people don't like it when effects persist after death.

Keep in mind though, if you don't want to pay for a transient curse, you can just get regular cursed to fight the ghosts in the Londo ruins.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By MezZa

I didn't get to experience the shock of falling into the pit sadly :(. I stumbled onto a set of stairs that took me me down there first. I hadn't even realized what I cleared out until I fell into a pit of dead frogs later.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Joeyoe31

What @MentalDisruption said and also around that time 6k was a lot of souls just for one simple death.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.