Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Eye of Deaths and Gravelord Covenant Question (NG+ and NG++)

Lancezh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Lancezh

I tried the Gravelord Covenant and the following experiences with it:

I had 3 Eyes when i started.

I was cursing Dark Anor Londo very successfully. Got invaded about 25 times within 2 or 3 hours and had some very good fights.

I won all of these but 5 fights in total whereas 2 fights yielded an eye of death since they have been Spirits of Vengeance and the rest was Darkmoon's and Wraiths who dont bear any Eyes. Aside from the fact that this covenant is flippin hard for that very reason since you get only a few eyes some question arose now:

- Farming Eyes of Death is not an option, droprate is horrible. (Tried in Depths and The Great Hollow), correct ?

- Sources say that if you finish Tomb of Giants you find 3 Eyes of Death from Patches after he moves to Firelink, that makes only sense if you join the Gravelords again since you have to Kill Nito in order to finish the Tomb Of Giants (thus breaking the Covenant), correct ?

- You have to be a top PvP player to make this covenant work otherwise you run out of eyes pretty fast. I consider myself being a good pvp player jugded by the amount of Wins and Losses, (i refuse using the walk, or Fog Ring or cheesing people out) still it is fuckin hard. Is that intended or am i missing something ? Tips ?

That said, where are you guys getting your eyes from, or is someone even willing to give me some eyes and return of something else ?

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By golguin

Farming eyes is the option and it's how I got mine to level up the gravelord cov. Put on the serpent ring and increase your humanity by at least 10 and go to work. You can farm humanity from the rats in the sewers while you kill the frogs.

Lancezh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Lancezh

@golguin: I have like 30 humanity still in my inventory and i'm still unsure on how much 10 humanity really brings, i know in statnumbers, but what does that net in runs ? 1 more per 10 runs ?

Farming Humanity i'd refer to the Duke's Archives, its MUCH MUCH faster than the Depths.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By golguin

@Lancezh said:

@golguin: I have like 30 humanity still in my inventory and i'm still unsure on how much 10 humanity really brings, i know in statnumbers, but what does that net in runs ? 1 more per 10 runs ?

Farming Humanity i'd refer to the Duke's Archives, its MUCH MUCH faster than the Depths.

Don't know how many more per run, but I believe 410 item discovery is the max so you can just keep eating humanity until you hit that number. The baby skeletons gave me about 1-3 humanity per minute and since they constantly spawn you can have a pretty large amount just after 30 minutes.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By OroJackson

Farming eyes from the depths is easy, i got the 7 i needed in like an hour. Also, you can get 9 eyes of death a play through so if you're dead-set on not farming just beat the game (breaking the covenant by killing nito) and get the last 1 in the next playthrough

Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Stahlbrand

I had 11 Eyes by the time I was the catacombs in NG+, mostly from the gimmies in the catacombs, and I think I had one or two drops from Basilisks by chance alone. I've never been the aggressor in PVP.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @OroJackson said:

Farming eyes from the depths is easy, i got the 7 i needed in like an hour. Also, you can get 9 eyes of death a play through so if you're dead-set on not farming just beat the game (breaking the covenant by killing nito) and get the last 1 in the next playthrough

ok. Sorry to step in. What damn level are you people? Im level 51 and never get invaded. Never get to pvp any more. Am I just un lucky? Am I over leveled? Under level? Right now i am getting the four lord vessel souls. Where should I be to get some PVP action?  

@Stahlbrand said:

I had 11 Eyes by the time I was the catacombs in NG+, mostly from the gimmies in the catacombs, and I think I had one or two drops from Basilisks by chance alone. I've never been the aggressor in PVP.

Same for you. Where can I get some PVP action on 360? What level? 
    Lancezh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lancezh

@The_Laughing_Man: lvl 51 seems to be good in Anor Londo, probably already to high for Sen's Fortress. Till lvl 60 you should find plenty of actiont here. But instead of waiting to be invaded (you have to be human for that) join the Darkmoon Covenant or Darkwraiths and invade the crap out of people in Anor Londo. If that doesnt get you some pvp you might have connectivity problems (UpnP not activated in Router, wrong NAT type etc.)

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By golguin

Anor Londo is great for coop in the 50s. I didn't start doing PvP till I got to the Kiln and I see a lot of action at lv 65 by getting summoned through the red soapstone. The Kiln is generally the place to go for all types of PvP/covenant invasions as people hang around there for that exact purpose.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @Lancezh said:

@The_Laughing_Man: lvl 51 seems to be good in Anor Londo, probably already to high for Sen's Fortress. Till lvl 60 you should find plenty of actiont here. But instead of waiting to be invaded (you have to be human for that) join the Darkmoon Covenant or Darkwraiths and invade the crap out of people in Anor Londo. If that doesnt get you some pvp you might have connectivity problems (UpnP not activated in Router, wrong NAT type etc.)

About what level is the spot with the baby skeletons? Ive only been invaded once and that was when I first went to undead parish.  

I also have a level 4 lighting Longsword. Should I invent in that claymore I found? Or should I try to get that Fire furrysword? 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.