Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Finally made it to second bonfire at the bottom of Blighttown!!!

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mars

After days and days of fighting, I've finally made it to the second bonfire of Blighttown! I was almost ready to give up but decided to give it one more run, made a mad dash for my life to the bonfire when it was in sight and prayed that I had enough life to fight off the poison in the swamps and all the little bastards chasing me. I am assuming that I now need to go up the little water wheel thing since there were 2 more blow dart bastards that ended up being the death of me ... but thats ok now. I took them out before I died. How long did it take you to get to the bottom of Blighttown? Which area has been your greatest struggle so far? ..... Oh yeah! I also had to beat off some asshole invader ... I bet he felt stupid ... and if not, I don't care. I got 10,000 souls for killing him.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

The water wheel direction leads to Drake Valley. I never had as much trouble with Blight town as some other people I made it to the second bonfire my second or third try, I never knew about the first one either. So far New Londo Ruins is the worst, well that I can hope to do. I always fail it, so many ghosts.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#3  Edited By ADAMWD

Where is the bonfire at the bottom? I got to the swamp area where the lootable corpse is, but then died from poisoning?

Also, do the blowdart guys respawn?

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

@ADAMWD said:

Where is the bonfire at the bottom? I got to the swamp area where the lootable corpse is, but then died from poisoning?

Also, do the blowdart guys respawn?

They do not respawn.The bonfire is in a cave to the left of the swamps start. It can be hard to see because it's so dark down there.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mars

Where am I supposed to go now that I'm at the bottom of Blighttown/the poison swamp place ... isn't the second bell down here somewhere?

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By zidane_24

Straight out from the water wheel are three ogres with rocks at the bottom of a hill. Up that hill is where you want to go.

Also,there's a bonfire down there!? I just kept making runs from Firelink through the Valley of the Drakes and then down the wheel/elevator.

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Benny

@Zidane_24 said:

Straight out from the water wheel are three ogres with rocks at the bottom of a hill. Up that hill is where you want to go. Also,there's a bonfire down there!? I just kept making runs from Firelink through the Valley of the Drakes and then down the wheel/elevator.

There's a tunnel, you follow the wall from the big waterwheel elevator thing, keep the wall on your left hand side and make your way along it and there will be an opening. If you head inside, the bonfire is right there, and it's a 1 minute dash to quelaag from it.

LassieME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By LassieME

@Mars: Chaos Witch Quelaag is the boss in that area. From the bottom bonfire go out then right then go until you come to a hill covered in spiderweb, there you will find a cave that leads to the boss and the second bell.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MikeFightNight

When in doubt about the location of stuff youtube and Dark Souls wiki, helped me out a lot and prevented tears and despair. So far Dark Souls really has gotten it's hooks into me in a way that Demons Souls never did. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that each new area I encounter looks really awesome in a way that Demons Souls never did, I am definitely planning on beating this one. I got RAGE and Dark Souls the same day and still haven't opened RAGE.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.