Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

finally rang 2nd bell! ... now what?

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Mars

I beat the ceaseless discharge, got my ass kicked in the demon ruins, tried to run back to blighttwon and go up the wheel thing ... which I think is the right path but keep dying for stupid reasons. WTF?

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By imsh_pl

Sen's Fortress.

Remember the giant gate near the blacksmith in undead parish? The one where the fat knight was sitting?

It's open now.

Avatar image for superwristbands
    SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SuperWristBands

Near the first blacksmith you encountered, right before the forest is a bonfire and a path that leads to a very large gate that is now open after ringing the second bell.

Maajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Maajin

Or you can go to the forest, if you went from the first bell directly to the second one. There's a butterfly boss there that's easier than what you'll find in Sen's Fortress.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By swoxx

Try searching before posting a topic It's quite useful sometimes.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mars

@imsh_pl said:

Sen's Fortress. Remember the giant gate near the blacksmith in undead parish? The one where the fat knight was sitting? It's open now.

I know I need to get to Sens ... I'm just not sure how to get back there. I'm really hoping I don't have to fight my way back through blight town.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aetheldod

@Mars: Sen's fortress then anor londo , but it would be a good time to farm some levels as the creatures in sen and andor londo are a bit high powered. DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT go to the catacombs of kings right now , unless you want to suffer a lot

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mars

@Swoxx said:

How do you use the word searching ... but make it "clickable" to a link?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiniPato

@Mars said:

@imsh_pl said:

Sen's Fortress. Remember the giant gate near the blacksmith in undead parish? The one where the fat knight was sitting? It's open now.

I know I need to get to Sens ... I'm just not sure how to get back there. I'm really hoping I don't have to fight my way back through blight town.

There's a spinning waterwheel thing you can ride up to the top where there are some ladders and you can make your way out to the Valley of the Drakes from there and back to Firelink.

swoxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By swoxx

@Mars said:

@Swoxx said:

How do you use the word searching ... but make it "clickable" to a link?

type a word, highlight it then click "Link" in the options above the text box and enter the link.

bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By bkbroiler

@Mars said:

I beat the ceaseless discharge, got my ass kicked in the demon ruins, tried to run back to blighttwon and go up the wheel thing ... which I think is the right path but keep dying for stupid reasons. WTF?

That path is definitely the most direct way back to firelink from blighttown. It's just a really convoluted and annoying path with lots of dead ends. Keep at it and check out all the branches for good items. I died a bunch there.

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By jacdg

Now what? Now sir, the game gets difficult.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By imsh_pl
    @Mars: Ok, that's what you mean.

1.Start from the bonfire after Quelaag
    2.Leave Quelaag's domain (enter Blighttown)
    3.Stay near the left side of the fortress until you reach the large wooden elevator
    4.Use it and go to the top
    5.Turn left and go to the end of the walkway, use the ladder to go up
    6.Go along the walkway until you reach the next ladder up. You'll know it's the right one if there are about 3 more ladders leading up after it, and behind one of those is the crabmonster (climb all the ladders)
    7.Go along the walkway, be wary of falling. There will be about 4 dung giants in a big dark corridor. Lure them out and take care of them or just dash through
    8.You should arrive at the area called valley of drakes
    9.Go about 5 meters to the right and use the long plank to get to the other side of the cliff
    10.Go left and open the metal door (warning: I opened it from the other side first, it could be possible that it can only be opened that way)
    11.You'll arrive in new londo ruins
    12.Stay near the left side, you should find an entrance and a few sets of stairs. Go up.
    13.You should find a lever which will summon a round elevator when pulled; it will lead you to firelink shrine

I hope you can find your way through there, if not just ask for more info. This can sound extremely disorienting but it takes about 4 minutes and 5 enemies to get from blighttown to undead parish
    bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bkbroiler

@imsh_pl: I think you get a key from Quelaag that opens that door. I opened it from the Drake side. Also leads me to believe that that is the intended path.

stoic665

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stoic665

You rang the second bell? That means the honeymoon is over.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By McShank

@imsh_pl said:

@Mars: Ok, that's what you mean. 1.Start from the bonfire after Quelaag 2.Leave Quelaag's domain (enter Blighttown)3.Stay near the left side of the fortress until you reach the large wooden elevator 4.Use it and go to the top 5.Turn left and go to the end of the walkway, use the ladder to go up 6.Go along the walkway until you reach the next ladder up. You'll know it's the right one if there are about 3 more ladders leading up after it, and behind one of those is the crabmonster (climb all the ladders)7.Go along the walkway, be wary of falling. There will be about 4 dung giants in a big dark corridor. Lure them out and take care of them or just dash through 8.You should arrive at the area called valley of drakes 9.Go about 5 meters to the right and use the long plank to get to the other side of the cliff 10.Go left and open the metal door (warning: I opened it from the other side first, it could be possible that it can only be opened that way) 11.You'll arrive in new londo ruins 12.Stay near the left side, you should find an entrance and a few sets of stairs. Go up. 13.You should find a lever which will summon a round elevator when pulled; it will lead you to firelink shrine I hope you can find your way through there, if not just ask for more info. This can sound extremely disorienting but it takes about 4 minutes and 5 enemies to get from blighttown to undead parish

If you want and easy weapon that stacks with int/faith then go along the cliff in valley of the drakes until you see a big dead dragon. Grab the items and run back fast and you should be good :D

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mars
    @stoic665

You rang the second bell? That means the honeymoon is over.

Shit. I'm on hour 27 already. I'm not very good at this game but damn it if I'm not addicted.
    bkbroiler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bkbroiler

If you head into the sewer-like looking area with all the blow-dark dudes up a few ladders, I think there is a firekeeper soul on a body behind some bars.

Mars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mars

And ... I think I might be done. Unable to make any progress for the last several hours. I can barely get past those two fucking guards at the beginning of the fortress. I'm going to give it a bit and try again. If I still can't make any progress I'm either re-rolling or trading it in.

primalmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By primalmaster

Fortress has been kicking my ass all day long ...

Scottish_Sin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By Scottish_Sin

@Mars said:

And ... I think I might be done. Unable to make any progress for the last several hours. I can barely get past those two fucking guards at the beginning of the fortress. I'm going to give it a bit and try again. If I still can't make any progress I'm either re-rolling or trading it in.

Well level are you? It might be a good idea to farm for a little bit and then give it another shot when you get a bit stronger. Sen's Fortress also kicked my ass today so I'm going to do the same thing.

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jozzy

@JacDG said:

Now what? Now sir, the game gets difficult.

I found this to be true as well. The difficulty really ramps up now, but keep going at it you will get better. It took me waylonger than 27 hours to ring the second bell. Hell, Iam 53 hours in and am only at the Anor Londo boss. At least get up to the painting to see that zone, it's great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.