Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

First boss trick

Avatar image for alianthaberries
    AlianthaBerries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By AlianthaBerries

First a bit of foreword; I just received Dark Souls in the post and-- Ah hell I'll just get to the chase. The first boss, that "Taurus Demon" (possible misnaming) is easy enough to defeat through normal means but I thought I would share with you a method which I accidentally discovered. I had my back to the ledge and he did his swing attack and knocked me off, now since he was so close to the edge also the momentum carried him forwards and killed him in the fall.

I was raged then shocked, humoured and finally relieved, as I wouldn't have to actually combat this foe.

Not sure how hard it is to recreate this but I just wanted to share it with the GB community.

Sorry if this has already come up I couldn't find it at a glance at the first page of posts and want to avoid spoiler-ish topic names

largo6661

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By largo6661

Amazing ;)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

You lost the loot from that guy, that kinda sucks although what he gives is pretty minimal.

There is a thread though that talks about boss strategies which mentions you can knock him off the ledge though- just have to get him in the right position before he jumps backwards (in prep for doing his one hit kill) and he'll jump off the side.

The thread is here (since its boss strats this should be obvious, but it may contain spoilers): Dark Souls Boss Strategies Giant Bomb Thread Click Here

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.