Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Forest covenant

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Syndrom

So i'm kinda interested in joining the forest covenant, but it seems really buggy and glitched at the moment. The wiki says that just running into one of the npc's, you might end up betraying the covenant? and other glitchy shit.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

I joined.

Restarted the game (npc's would sometime attack you even after joining, so a restart was advised) and never had any problems at all since then.
    Lots of summons tho, asskicking galore!

freddie_bert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By freddie_bert

That never happened for me personally. If you're worried about that, you should make a couple runs through the forest and kill the npc phantoms you see, like 3 don't respawn so there'll only be four left. As far as running into them goes, I'm pretty sure it's them sliding off a nearby cliff that betrays the covenant. I actually attacked one when an invading phantom thought he was safe hiding beside one and nothing happened, just don't kill them or take too much damage away from them.

As for the experiences, some of the best in the game for me, I loved being in that covenant. I ended up getting summoned a bunch, got a Pendant as a reward for beating someone once, got 450,000 souls another time, and got a bunch of upgrade items too from other people. The servers being the way they are, I didn't end up experiencing much pvp combat up until then, so it was a good way to get in some of that. Once you get tired of it/get high leveled enough that summons become rarer you can always join another covenant as well, also what I did.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Syndrom

i also farmed those npc's a couple of times, will that give me problems on joining the covenant?

Still have to find that damned cat though :D

Sitoxity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Sitoxity

I've had it glitch on me twice. Once I was being attacked and the second I randomly got some souls and it booted me from the Covenant. Sometimes the NPCs apparently kill themselves.

I've decided to just ignore it for now, already paid a bunch of souls to repay my sins and I'm not doing it again if it's just going to glitch on me.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Nux

The one thing I don't like about the Forest Covenant is that you can't farm the forest NPC's once you join.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By imsh_pl

I have a solution for you.

How about you join it and see for yourself?

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Syndrom

@imsh_pl said:

I have a solution for you. How about you join it and see for yourself?

way to be dick, don't want to waste time on somehting that will glitch out anyway

ToxicFruit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ToxicFruit

Iv had no problems with and i get summoned all the time, Love it

contagious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By contagious

Have had no problems, didn't kill a single enemy in the forest and restarted after joining just to be safe.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By C0V3RT

I joined and quit out of the game immediately after joining and started, no problems here.

The covenant is a ton of fun outside of making progress in an area, only to be summoned, then respawned back into your own world once complete at your last bonfire - wiping out any progress you had made. I've also gotten my ass handed to me each time I've been summoned. I'll likely just stick around long enough to get the max rewards from the covenant before I join another and so I can go back for soul farming.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

When you come across different covenants, you can join those and go right back to farming those guys. If you want back in on the Forest Hunters, even if you previously joined, quit, and murdered everyone over and over again, the cat will still be cool with you joining again.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Syndrom

joined the covenant, invaded the same dude twice, he had a friend helping him though. Dude had some kind of dragon armor and quelaag's fury sword, cut me up like nothing.

gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#14  Edited By gla55jAw

I haven't had any glitch problems. That being said, make sure when you talk to the cat, you don't accidentally say "No" to it. It won't let you join the covenant after that unless you go and pay the guy in the bottom of the 1st bell. Cost me 150,000 souls. For a while I wasn't summoned at all, then a few days ago I started to get summoned all the time. Sometimes I fight the same guy 3 or 4 times sometimes and sometimes it's different with other invaders. I will say it's rough. I've only beat someone once. Only had a few really good matches and the rest I've gotten destroyed.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.