Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Free on Xbox Live...

friarmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

If you haven't played it yet now is the time: Dark Souls is currently free for Gold members. (Probably not the best place to recruit new people to play.)

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

It's more as my lazy man second copy. It might end up inspiring me to do another run as a spell caster though.

WiqidBritt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

It's more as my lazy man second copy. It might end up inspiring me to do another run as a spell caster though.

That might not be a good idea given that it's apparently an unpatched (and currently unpatchable) version of the game, which means the online features are disabled because it's not the most recent version. Rumor is that From Software didn't want to deal with the strain of having a ton of new players jumping onto their servers playing the first Dark Souls instead of DS2.

I don't know how true that is. Bandai Namco made a statement on their support page saying they're aware of the issue and has notified people that might be able to fix it, but then Bandai Namco isn't From Software and might not be aware of any stipulations that may have been involved.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.